2023/24 Sean Dyche

The man is a serious upgrade on both the kopite and Lampard. In fact he's doing so well, that i'm not worried about relegation on field anyway.

It's off the field i'm worried about. The only way i can see us going down is if that FFP hearing goes against us.
And if it does, there are a range of punishments - assuming we don't appeal to drag the whole farce into next season.

Why is it either 'scot free' or 'minus 12 points'? Eternal bliss or perpetual damnation? Because the Premier League 'advised' it?

Massive fine / transfer embargo at worst. Calling it now. I dare them to take the nuclear option (I double DAWG dare them!) - clearly they don't know what a scene honest scousers and blues can make when attacked.

Frankly the PL lost all credibility and authority when the big six were allowed to carry on like nothing happened after the ESL sketch.

Like a gulf state couldn't buy the whole league anyway. Everything has its price. The PL, the FA, Refs association... toothless worms in the face of petrodollars.

I had massive reservations up to Sheffield Utd. He’s made changes in set up and personnel that have changed things around so credit where it’s due. We look solid mid table currently which is all I’m looking for this season.

Happy to say he’s currently the right man for the job to keep us safe whilst we get back on an even keel financially. Although that is probably going to be defined more by how we manage to invest in the squad post the inevitable sales of Branthwaite and Onana.

Still don’t think he’s here long term, or a particularly strong manager. Worried we spend the Branthwaite big bucks on Dyche players.

Would love for him to prove me wrong though.
If he could get a bit of backing, three players in Jan and we could have a really useful team, fullback that can get up and down , centre mid and a rapid wide man. For me.
Dyche has his faults but he has us looking like a team at least.

It was clear changes needed to be made at 2-1 to finish them off, but as per usual Sean flogs our players to death. We went quiet for so long it allowed them back into it, gave them encouragement, 2-2 was obviously coming. At the same time they had made all 5 subs. We got lucky today.

If you all want a laugh, take a guess who this fella loved as a previous manager?

Great Utd teams have crumbled at Goodison. The current lot are there for the taking

I think there's a good opportunity for the next few home games. Certainly ones where there should be a "have a go" element.

This Man. United team have actually won 5 of their last 6 prem games but they've all been 1 goal wins and some of their actual performances have been appalling. Their results compared to their xG output is probably a polar opposite of what this club was producing in those August games. Think DCL will cause their defence endless issues if decent balls are played up to him quickly.

Chelsea are very hit and miss, that feels a bit of a 1-1.

I was going to write off the Newcastle game after what they did end of last season but they are down to the bare bones and Bournemouth could've easily scored more than twice tonight. Of course they'll probably have likes of Wilson and Isak back in a few weeks so that would be a different proposition.

I think it's important to get a home win soon as after that it's Man. City, Villa and Spurs. All three haven't lost at Goodison for a long time in the league. Don't want to have to keep needing to win away as eventually the wins will dry up on the road.

If he could get a bit of backing, three players in Jan and we could have a really useful team, fullback that can get up and down , centre mid and a rapid wide man. For me.
Dyche has his faults but he has us looking like a team at least.
I don't see us bringing in any players in January unless we sell one or two of the squad .I would be happy if hold onto the players we have until this FFP and the ownership is sorted..
I am more concerned that the more points we accumulate the more they feel they can take off us.

Dyche is producing a work ethic. The team is benefitting from it as they all know what is expected from them. Hands tied behind his back but coming through. No doubt every game for us is an intense battle and we have to be up for it to get a result but the players seem to realise this now. We are going to battle in every match and that will be enough to keep us up. Once the Club settles down and our financial problems are behind us then we can improve and build. The last few years have been horrendous but we seem to be coming out of it slowly but surely. This is our beginning with a budget team

The perfect time to sack Dyche. Nobody seriously believes he'll take us to anywhere we want the club to aspire to. There's a calmness and stability now so the perfect time for a better manager.
giphy.gif