2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true, and we did wake up from the 25th to 45th minute, but early on we started poorly, we didn't press, we had no fight and just let them have the ball and do whatever. You can't defend against a worldie but the cross (or Garnacho) weren't even closed down at all like, 2nd minute or not this is schoolboy.

Defensively solid manager allegedly, so he should know better, you'd think?

I believe this team has enough fight if we concede less mistakes. Defensive lapse by 2 individual cost us at least 5 points this season. Yeah you can blame him for selection.

Right so 7 points from 9 makes it better when we got 2 wins the previous 8 games? Ok buddy.

We were sitting in 14th, 3 points off top 10 so ye, think it matters.
I think the thing people have kind of glossed over about the 6 wins in 9 bit is the lineup of teams that consisted of. Go back and look at it: how many of those wins were against legitimately good teams? One, that I can see - Villa in the cup, but even then they kind of phoned that game in, to be honest. Brentford and West Ham were decent enough, considering they were away. But it was hardly a run of European contenders, right?

Which is the point some of us have tried to make over the last few weeks - while of course we all love the improved results, it felt to me like it was flattering to deceive when you really looked at it closely. Even during that good run, we lost to Luton at home. Is it likely to hold up when we start playing actual good teams?

I believe this team has enough fight if we concede less mistakes. Defensive lapse by 2 individual cost us at least 5 points this season. Yeah you can blame him for selection.
They've cost us 5, but probably a few more on top of those were managerial ones - baffling selection of crap players, not using any kind of substitutes until the 80th min when it's too late, stubbornness to change anything on the pitch during the game etc.

Yeah true, and we did wake up from the 25th to 45th minute, but early on we started poorly, we didn't press, we had no fight and just let them have the ball and do whatever. You can't defend against a worldie but the cross (or Garnacho) weren't even closed down at all like, 2nd minute or not this is schoolboy.

Defensively solid manager allegedly, so he should know better, you'd think?
This exactly. Was so frustrating to me to see the crowd basically frothing at the mouth and then watch the team sent out there with the only game plan he seems to be willing to use at home - sit back and soak up pressure to look for the counter. If we had come out and got stuck into them from the off, the crowd would have latched on to that, and it could have started an upward spiral of positivity towards a proper victory.

But it felt like we didn't even try to take that chance. Nobody says we have to come out playing like Barcelona just because we're at home. But you can't come out and start defending from the half-way line when everything in the world is setting you up emotionally to come out on the front foot.

Mate cmon that's harsh. We had won 6 in 9 with those 2 players. Now a 10 point deduction and suddenly they'll take us down?
They’ve contributed more from a defensive point of view, but they’re wingers. Did any of them today even have a shot,
Maybe Harrison late on, I don’t think McNeil had a shot or across or even tried to take in his full back, unfortunately he’s a dyche favourite and thinks working hard is all he needs to do to stay in the team

A bad day today, expected as we never show up when the pressure is on.
Dust them off and get ready for next week, hopefully coleman is back. I can’t see where the next win is going to come from though if we don’t take the chances.
No anticipation or composure.

Picking Young is an absolute disgrace, other than that I'm not sure what else to blame Dyche on, our bench is crap and offers nothing as seen when they came on. We are missing quality in the final third that we won't be seeing in the forceable future at Everton, and haven't seen since James was run off by the fat kopite.

Slowly warming to him (not long term obvs)

There I've said it :blush:

Just make some bloody subs fella.
You've just give me a massive U turn Gravel Gob.....stop picking the player that has cost us more points than the whole team this season. You haven't changed and you are not learning anything.

Bloody lucky not to get another Red card too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back