2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the number of chances we make and the relative quality of them (err, hate to say xG) suggest you’re correct. We’ve had the opportunities.

But how many times can we say ‘we’re unlucky’ et al. before accepting there’s a root cause. Too many times we’ve been wasteful this season.

Is it the quality of the players? Is it the tactics? The coaching? A lack of confidence or burdened with expectation? Maybe it’s a bit of all.

Nevertheless, it’s for Dyche to fix, and if he doesn’t then he’s culpable.
At the start of the season it was because there was no recognised striker available other than Maupay. Today, I think was just “one of those days”, “a bad day at the office”, I hope.

Our gravel-voiced overlord is doing fine. He had no control over the poor finishing by Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Doucouré today, or the fine save by André Onana from Gana Gueye(?). What he does have control over though is having a backup plan, making changes sooner, and always selecting Ashley Young to start. Damn it! He's not doing fine at all! Get out of our Club Dyche you massive fraud!

I think the number of chances we make and the relative quality of them (err, hate to say xG) suggest you’re correct. We’ve had the opportunities.

But how many times can we say ‘we’re unlucky’ et al. before accepting there’s a root cause. Too many times we’ve been wasteful this season.

Is it the quality of the players? Is it the tactics? The coaching? A lack of confidence or burdened with expectation? Maybe it’s a bit of all.

Nevertheless, it’s for Dyche to fix, and if he doesn’t then he’s culpable.
I don’t know exactly what you even do to fix something like this. It’s not a tactical problem I wouldn’t think. Mentality is part of it, but how do you get a team to stay confident and composed in front of goal? We can’t fix the players yet although that’s a piece as well. It’s just a hard one. You sort of just hope for a few breaks I think.

I realise his options are limited but his persistent lack of action when things are clearly going against us is worrying. He's earned the right to improve in that aspect and overall we could do a lot worse, but he didn't help things today at all.

I do wonder how much pressure got to the players though. There was a lot more dithering today than there has been in our last 5-6 games.

Complete dislike of him full stop. Had a few beers post match. Chilled on my thoughts a bit. Still dislike his tactics . United were there for the taking. Any type of press they crapped it. This banal boring tactics especially at home just doesnt work. Only plus tonight was Chermiti looked ok when came on 16 seconds to go the nobed . Last bit factually incorrect but dislike of him intensified.

Complete dislike of him full stop. Had a few beers post match. Chilled on my thoughts a bit. Still dislike his tactics . United were there for the taking. Any type of press they crapped it. This banal boring tactics especially at home just doesnt work. Only plus tonight was Chermiti looked ok when came on 16 seconds to go the nobed . Last bit factually incorrect but dislike of him intensified.
United there for the taking? They're the most in form team in the league at the moment and we managed to create more chances than them in the first half. How is that negative footy?

Reactions: JLW
Oh Dear United the most in form team in League
Screenshot_20231127_000126_Chrome.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back