2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has undoubtedly improved us from last season despite being dealt a very difficult hand. I have faith in him that he’ll turn this mess around.

However, the one big black mark against him is his insistence with Ashley Young every game. We saw that he has his favourites last season with Keane but he did eventually come to his senses. Hopefully it won’t be too late before he does the same this season.

Dyche has undoubtedly improved us from last season despite being dealt a very difficult hand. I have faith in him that he’ll turn this mess around.

However, the one big black mark against him is his insistence with Ashley Young every game. We saw that he has his favourites last season with Keane but he did eventually come to his senses. Hopefully it won’t be too late before he does the same this season.
There are multiple marks against him, well covered in here, but, late/lack of subs used, one dimensional, no plan b, hoofball, unable/unwilling to change mid game, player blindness(young/keane), stubbornness etc etc amongst many other things. He has had a "good run" lately, he needed to capitalise on that at the weekend, everything was set(wonder goal apart) but we showed resilience for rest of first half, attacking, defending and had some good passages of play but whatever he said at half time( we will never know) but the second half was abysmal as per a good deal of his teams performances, our expectations have been lowered so much, Dyche has become acceptable.

If we get outta this, whatever way it is, we need to change top down and that includes his style of play and management being booted firmly into touch.

For now he has some grace, but it is limited.

I don’t think he will he has a ceiling his style can only go so far. We can all see where the improvement needs to happen. Big if, but If we have the money, better wide players, another quality Centre mid. A better footballer at number 10. I’m not sure dyche wants that.

If you haven’t got a lot of money, then you’re more likely to buy young unproven players who’re cheaper. But will dyche bring in more Ashley youngs on frees and pick them ahead of a youngster

There are multiple marks against him, well covered in here, but, late/lack of subs used, one dimensional, no plan b, hoofball, unable/unwilling to change mid game, player blindness(young/keane), stubbornness etc etc amongst many other things. He has had a "good run" lately, he needed to capitalise on that at the weekend, everything was set(wonder goal apart) but we showed resilience for rest of first half, attacking, defending and had some good passages of play but whatever he said at half time( we will never know) but the second half was abysmal as per a good deal of his teams performances, our expectations have been lowered so much, Dyche has become acceptable.

If we get outta this, whatever way it is, we need to change top down and that includes his style of play and management being booted firmly into touch.

For now he has some grace, but it is limited.
Although whatever was said at half time by Dyche is important, Utd improved significantly and not just because we let them. The penalty came early enough in the second half to knock the stuffing out of us. Crowd also went quite quiet from then on.

We had enough chances in the first halt to have been ahead at the interval and that problem does not lie with Dyche. Golden chances for DCL and Doucore and some good saves from their keeper.

Against what we have seen in the last 5 years, I'll take that number of chances and shots on target against a very in form team. Is it ultimately good enough for us, almost certainly not. But it is certainly better than almost everything before it for some time (we never got to see Ancelotti, sadly).

I was happy enough to see Dyche come here, given the lack of alternatives, but his loyalty to certain players is frustrating. My biggest disappointment with him is his lack of bottle to actually say what everyone feels. I can’t listen to his interviews as he sounds like a politician, in the fact he doesn’t actually say anything, all safe sound it’s. I can imagine the uproar from other managers if there team had been given a points deduction , or even when a decision goes against them. There is a reason the likes of Klopp go mental with being wronged, because he knows it will influence future football decisions in their favour.

I was happy enough to see Dyche come here, given the lack of alternatives, but his loyalty to certain players is frustrating. My biggest disappointment with him is his lack of bottle to actually say what everyone feels. I can’t listen to his interviews as he sounds like a politician, in the fact he doesn’t actually say anything, all safe sound it’s. I can imagine the uproar from other managers if there team had been given a points deduction , or even when a decision goes against them. There is a reason the likes of Klopp go mental with being wronged, because he knows it will influence future football decisions in their favour.
I think he’d be more outspoken at Burnley, if things went bad he could easily get a similar level team/club to manage. Not at Everton though, this is his one and only chance and he definitely doesn’t want to rock the boat or make headlines for himself, especially with potential new owners and board.

Did a good job for 10yrs at Burnley and no bigger clubs came knocking

he's setting the team up well and they are well drilled. we're a lot fitter than we have been as a team since the moyes days

main issue is the subs and favourites. young needs dropping altogether and the likes of mcneil, harrison and doucoure need rotating/subbing when not in form

I'd jump at the chance to get a better manager in. I cant take to Dyche, I dont personally think he is a good manager, plenty of his issues have been highlighted already and his record with us is awful. look at Emery at Villa, completely transformed them since Gerrard. We have had a handful of good results and some dreadful ones too.

I don't actually believe Dyche did anything to keep us up last season bar the Brighton result, results didnt improve and there was no new manager bounce that every other club seems to have, he bottled plenty of chances to keep us safe and got very lucky with us beating Bournemouth.

Dyche is a very vexing manager he has made us better over the extremely lackluster frank lampard and we do actually test the opposing team's goalie, look more formidable overall where previously we would just get thumped but just certain aspects where is obstinance impedes the team's performance. Such as relying on players he has personal sentiment for over the best player suited to the task. Usually over time the best player becomes selected by it's through injuries or the preferred player being so atrocious even dyche's bias wanes like with Keane and the midfield axis of doom Gana, onana and Doucoure. His lack of Incorporating subs to impact a game is very problematic as well. I see progress but his inflexibility seems to be his possible fatal weak spot that will be his undoing , just like Martinez who obviously played a radically different style but was equally stubborn

The fact that we're still in with a chance of staying up this season, with the squad we have, and a -10pt deduction really speaks for itself. He's a brilliant manager and exactly what we need at this moment in time.
A brilliant manager who spent 10 years at Burnley and no club tried to poach him.
A manager who was out of work for almost a year after Burnley and no club wanted him
A manager who had half a season to get us away from the trouble last season and we just about survived
A manager who without the -10 points is averaging 1 point per game (38 points that keeps us relegation fodder)
A manager who operates in relegation fights almost all of his career

He's won 9 out of 31 PL games he's been in charge (Relegation fodder)

Brilliant manager hahaha

Do we want a manager who is experienced in relegation fights or one who improves players and teams and moves teams away from relegation fights?
Right now we have the former i want the latter.

he's setting the team up well and they are well drilled. we're a lot fitter than we have been as a team since the moyes days

main issue is the subs and favourites. young needs dropping altogether and the likes of mcneil, harrison and doucoure need rotating/subbing when not in form
He's setting us up so well that we've taken 4 points at Goodison this season and we are nearly in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.