2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say, not basing much on yesterdays game tho myself, that wonder goal honestly just bummed us, worst goal at the very worst possible time.

We had chances to get back into the game.

Bar his shockingly late subs yet again, I honestly dont blame the manager, players or tactics yesterday, just 1 of those things.
I agree we play that game again in the same manner and that wonder strike ends up for a GK 999 times out of 1000 and we put at least one of them chances away.

My problem is though its the same old story every home game, we cant have 'one of them games' every home game.
He needs to do something so we dont have one of them games almost every other week.

Can anyone name a better manager for us in the current situation?

Personally I don't think there's anyone more suited for us than Dyche at the moment.

Personally I don't think there's anyone more suited for us than Dyche at the moment.
Or Klopp. Would instil the narky paranoid injustice to a tee, proper milk it and ensue no decision goes against us all season. Plus the Klopp-juice would come in handy, get em running through walls. Imagine Young in the same stuff as Milner was. Amazing. Dyche out.

Genuinely curious, what about him makes him the right manager for this situation do you reckon?

Other than his experience at this end of the league, of course.

He doesn't rage against injustice, I can't see any sign of him creating a siege mentality to gee the players up.

People seem to think he's a blood and thunder manager, whereas he's the exact opposite.

That calmness may well be what the players need - which is ultimately what matters - but I remain to be convinced, to be honest.

He also asked if anyone can name a better manager for our situation currently? Are the lack of replies the 'Kenwright effect' too?
I would say the "best manager for our current situation" kept us up by the skin of our teeth last season up until the the last ball was kicked we could of been relegated.

He has lost 5/7 home games and since May he has only beaten Bournemouth twice at home

Do you not think any other manager in the world who jump at the chance of managing Everton in the PL couldn't achieve more?

So to answer the question "is he the best manager for our current situation"? NO, because for me he keeps us in our current situation.

He is very very lucky by the calibre of our rivals this season as they are probably the worst in PL history.

I would say the "best manager for our current situation" kept us up by the skin of our teeth last season up until the the last ball was kicked we could of been relegated.

He has lost 5/7 home games and since May he has only beaten Bournemouth twice at home

Do you not think any other manager in the world who jump at the chance of managing Everton in the PL couldn't achieve more?

So to answer the question "is he the best manager for our current situation"? NO, because for me he keeps us in our current situation.

He is very very lucky by the calibre of our rivals this season as they are probably the worst in PL history.
Joint second worst PL home league form this season.

Only Burnley are worse.

We were 3rd bottom for home form last season.

We are somehow worse this season at home.

Just a poor argument for me. We have terrible footballers, that can only be managed By a dour hardworking sit behind the ball type hoof merchant manager.

I’m gonna cut Dyche a little slack here, namely for the fact that during the Man Utd game I was pleased to see that we were playing out from the back more often and I’ve been wanting to see that.
He needs to drop Young, personally once Coleman is back, I’d have Young as a replacement for Harrison.
And he needs to play a more attacking system against teams lower in the league. I’d personally try a 3/4/2/1, but perhaps a 4/2/3/1 would do the job.
The thing with Dyche (and other managers, Steve Clarke for example) is there are improvements but it’s one step at a time, for the most part. A better manager would be making 2-3 steps forward at a time, in my opinion. But he is getting there, if a little slowly for my liking.

Last edited:
Just a poor argument for me. We have terrible footballers, that can only be managed By a dour hardworking sit behind the ball type hoof merchant manager.
I think we have some very good footballers and I think we’ve shown we can play. We do have issues with a lack of quality in a few positions and a lack of depth in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.