2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had time to think about yesterday and to me it's all on Dyche this result
1, The crowd up for it players had NO excuse
2, Had to press and stuck in from 1st whistle didn't happen Tactics?
3, Young constantly plays him and total liability week in week out
4, Mcneil offers nothing all season, always plays no matter what.
5, Never makes proactive subs.
6, Never learns
Your points echo my thoughts after the game, plus I sit in the top balcony and from up there you can see that the shape of the team is non existent. I am regularly seeing a big hole in the centre of the mark with centre mf sitting deep. This dictates pumping it forward when we inevitably loose possession. Also our wide midfielders are both ineffective. McNeil is too slow and Harrison seems to struggle to beat his man banging it against the oppo players legs.
These are tactical matters that need improvement. I wonder if Dyche is able to do it?

Yesterday was a sucker punch, we've been doing so well of late - expectations have grown.

You can do anything you want as manager but you arent stopping the first goal, the second was a brain fart from Young, the third we were chasing and left space. We arent that good yet to be winning all our games so i wont get too low or loose my mind with a rare of late defeat, despite the day in it.

For large periods of the game we were controlling it and we had five or six chances we should have taken.

Overall i think many of our players were overwhelmed by the occasion. The week together will do them good.
This.

If you actually read what people are saying, it’s about his game management, specifically in game.

Makes changes when it’s way too late. Doesn’t change anything from the initial set up, even when it’s stopped working/didn’t work to begin with.

Leaving Young on was a travesty.
Everyone, and I mean everyone other than Dyche, could see what was coming, and he was fortunate not to get a second yellow. Dyche had 2 RBs on the bench. That is on him.
I agree there's things he should have done.

One of the things that annoys me heaps is that it's always "cross it to the middle". Reed somewhere you average over 30 attempts per goal from crossing it in. And we do it, at most, to 2 players. DCL has been cack most of his career at finishing so let's just pump it in to the guy who doesn't really score?

I think we’ve seen the full range of what Dyche is as a manager in a few weeks tbh.

He’s basically a competent manager who can set up a team to be organised, steal points and counter attack. It’s worked a bit for us so far this season but you see his limitations when plan A goes a bit wrong.

He basically can change shape/tactics to a point, though it’s usually by going more defensive, but his ability to really change or influence a game is poor. His in game management is not great I.e subs or like last night, seeing what was coming with Young. He also doesn’t seem to be brave enough to change things and is slow to learn from his mistakes.

Last night was just the bad side of Dyche, like Palace or Burnley was the good.

I don't think dyche messed up that much yesterday, his insistence on playing young is very problematic but tactics we did well it was just a freak display of skill for the first goal and a dumb player error for the second. We had several chances to score and actually were passing the ball about decently, I'm still critical of dyche's tendency to make changes to late and I've haven't always championed him as the proper manager for us but i thought it was a decent performance despite the results , people just love a good whinge on here

Hes got his work cut out for him in the following weeks, but I think hes better equiped than most to handle it. The reality is he set up the players fine against a very in form team, we outshot a much better team than us 24 to 9. Fate has rarely been kind to Everton, and instead we got dealt with the best goal of the season that happened to be scored in the opening minutes, and yet another VAR involvement to give a dodgy penalty and ensure the result. Thats the way it rolls, but if we outshoot every team 24 to 9, at the end of the season we will be fine.

Probably a bit of both, but they dont look like they are as far up the pitch as they should be, they arent playing of the FBs
Hard to say, not basing much on yesterdays game tho myself, that wonder goal honestly just bummed us, worst goal at the very worst possible time.

We had chances to get back into the game.

Bar his shockingly late subs yet again, I honestly dont blame the manager, players or tactics yesterday, just 1 of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back