2023/24 Sean Dyche

Not good enough though. Our playing budget is still sizeable. Many with smaller budgets have given it a real go against City. Last night was not good.

Sadly, although city have had a few bad results and iffy performances lately, unfortunately we didn't catch them at their worst. It's nothing to do with not having a go, it's everything to do with a squad full of quality players that has been winning things regularly for a decade versus a squad which has been fighting relegation. It's not that difficult, they're simply miles better than us.

Sadly, although city have had a few bad results and iffy performances lately, unfortunately we didn't catch them at their worst. It's nothing to do with not having a go, it's everything to do with a squad full of quality players that has been winning things regularly for a decade versus a squad which has been fighting relegation. It's not that difficult, they're simply miles better than us.

Not arguing they are better than us but by that token they are even more miles better than Luton and Palace who both did a lot better.

Neil Lennon would do a better job right?

That wasn't my question but yes if you're asking then I think he would. He's been out of the game for a while so not a fair comparison but prime Lennon was like a purring Ferrari - style and aggression combined into one amazing vehicle.

Exactly. Right now, the club needs a period of stability after what's been years of chaos, and Dyche feels as if he is the person who can lead that.

Dyche is not perfect, however he has won many over (including myself) and I think he's going to give us the safety we need until the finances are rectified.

You boring get. Dyche is already at his peak Burnley performance levels. You are literally buying 15th-17th position at best. That's not good enough for me.

You boring get. Dyche is already at his peak Burnley performance levels. You are literally buying 15th-17th position at best. That's not good enough for me.
If we didn’t get robbed ten points, we would be 10th right now….

Not sure what this agenda is? Ultimately we have had about five buffoons in charge with effectively the same group of players and none of those have lit up the league. Who else would come in and make it any different?

We are talking several windows of prudent purchases and sales before the squad gets anywhere near capable of challenging for anything regardless of who’s in charge

Not arguing they are better than us but by that token they are even more miles better than Luton and Palace who both did a lot better.
Yes, that sometimes happens in football. Good teams sometimes play badly against weaker teams and lose or draw. Then, a week later, they play a bit better against another weaker team, but they win. Mad I know.

That wasn't my question but yes if you're asking then I think he would. He's been out of the game for a while so not a fair comparison but prime Lennon was like a purring Ferrari - style and aggression combined into one amazing vehicle.

You are broken Charles.

We have mid table footballers at best, the problem when we play city, arsenal, Liverpool. Is we will have to defend deeper than we would’ve against, palace, Brentford etc and we much have the slowest attackers/midfielders in the league, so many last night just give up in a foot race, when you play a bit higher up, you don’t have to run 50/60 yards on a break.

We just need to concentrate on pace and more composure in the first 3rd, which costs money unfortunately

Given the past decade. Given the squad mismanagement. Given the managerial disasters. Given the existential threat of relegation. Given the 10 point reduction…

…Given all of this, I’d say Dyche is pretty well-placed to contend with this basket-case football club, and peak Burnley* sounds exactly right based on the above.

Everton need to earn the right to not be considered relegation fodder.

*peak Burnley = 7th in 17/18…5pts above Everton.