2023/24 Sean Dyche

Then why does Dyche think differently, what does he see in Maupay to keep selecting him ?
Dyche didn’t keep selecting him last season. Dyche tried Simms and Gray at striker in place of Neal. Dyche tried to freeze him out. Maupay obviously worked hard in the preseason and his movement last game was excellent. Again, he sucks so Dyche made a mistake in giving him another opportunity. It’s up to Dyche to admit that ship has sailed.

It should be mentioned that Gray wants out so we are keeping him out of the team

Wonder how quick he'll be to praise the telephone bid ethic of our Interim Chairman once we've signed no striker and the window ends with us having zero points on the board.

Then he deserves no respect.
I know what you mean but not many people stand up on their own in a job and criticise the management. He’s not as invested as the fans. No managers ever are, with the possible exception of Howard.

He’ll also have an eye on whatever dismissal clause is in his contract because he’ll want the full pay off. He’s not likely to get another contract like this unless he goes somewhere else and performs miracles then makes another step back up.

I know what you mean but not many people stand up on their own in a job and criticise the management. He’s not as invested as the fans. No managers ever are, with the possible exception of Howard.

He’ll also have an eye on whatever dismissal clause is in his contract because he’ll want the full pay off. He’s not likely to get another contract like this unless he goes somewhere else and performs miracles then makes another step back up.
The same feller post match after Bournemouth called for major changes.

Whither that boldness now?

I hate to say it, but hes looking like one of those big lads who act and talk tough but crumble when it comes to it.

He needs to start having some very serious conversations with those tasked with bringing a forward in. He'll be the one carrying the can when we struggle to get 30 odd goals again this season. If he wants self-preservation then he has to demand the tools he needs to get the job done here.

I hate to say it, but hes looking like one of those big lads who act and talk tough but crumble when it comes to it.

He needs to start having some very serious conversations with those tasked with bringing a forward in. He'll be the one carrying the can when we struggle to get 30 odd goals again this season. If he wants self-preservation then he has to demand the tools he needs to get the job done here.
I agree but my guess is he’s either been promised a striker and they’re working on it, or he’s been told he’ll have to wait until January so isn’t rocking the boat.

Mind you, I’m only saying that because the thought of him being spineless is too depressing to deal with on top of the striker nonsense.

I agree but my guess is he’s either been promised a striker and they’re working on it, or he’s been told he’ll have to wait until January so isn’t rocking the boat.

Mind you, I’m only saying that because the thought of him being spineless is too depressing to deal with on top of the striker nonsense.
January will be too late

I think the only error he made against fulham was starting maupay as I thought we were superb but predictable I knew we were going to succumb to a fulham sucker punch on the break. Just compare it to last season's fulham games where we completely dismantled by willian. So there's progress but without players who can actually score goals we'll continue to struggle to win games which is once again on this club for negligence in not procuring a ready to start striker who can lead the line and potentially score goals opposed to whatever maupay is

Maybe he is
maybe he's the reason we're bidding for Che Adams
If so I'd rather he shut his mouth tbh lol