2023/24 Sean Dyche

Has anyone worked out why he lashed James Garner right wing again?

When he had Harrison and Danjuma on the bench?
Seen somebody ask this of a Dyche fan on Twitter and the response was "because it worked against Brentford" and I think that sums up the problem. We weren't playing Brentford away. We were at home against the worst team in the league. Show some effing ambition.

Still just about got my support. It’s not his fault his players can’t finish for toffee. The problem for him is that his players are letting him down. We cannot lose against Bournemouth now. It’s kind of a must win. God help us in December. Some of them fixtures already make for miserable reading. Newcastle, spurs, Chelsea and city, it’s just depressing. I still can’t believe we have lost games to Wolves, Luton and Fulham when we did well in all of them, it really is worrying.

They are letting him down because it’s plainly obvious that he’s a negative manager setting them up not to lose. He must be awful to play for.

He kept his job last season by beating B'mouth at home, I expect him to do so this season in the same fixture.

If he doesn't then he's gone.

Simple as that.

... as I've said loads, I expect us to fight relegation this season.

I think the team we have are relegation fodder.

After Arsenal, I was suggesting calm - suggesting fans wait until Bournemouth. After Bournemouth there as an international break.

I expected to lose to Brentford, and Villa.

I expected us to beat Luton.

We're in better position, after Arsenal, than I expected - same level of points, but still in the cup.

But that Luton game... I've never been so infuriated with a result, and Everton manager as that. Absolutely appalling.

We can't stay up with this home form;

Everton 0-1 Fulham
Everton 0-1 Wolves
Everton 0-1 Arsenal
Everton 1-2 Luton Town

^ I've asked before, but does anyone know if we've ever lost 4 home games on the spin at Goodison since the Prem started?

Look at the opposition there too - there's 9 points there we've absolutely pissed away.

Does my head in what we've become. Commentator kept saying during Forest vs Brentford how Brentford losing to Everton was a real shock to the system etc.

Since Koeman, and Allardyce, Benitez and Dyche we've become proper no marks of the league. And we have this manager setting us up to not lose at home to Luton Town.

That is the problem right there mate. Moshi doesn't give a toss, just wants rid, 777 still don't own us so cannot do anything yet and meanwhile Dyche is left thinking he is invincible and unaccountable because there is nobody to answer to. Never have i seen the club in such a bad predicament as it is now. There is just nothing hopeful to try and cling on to. Literally the Titanic in real time and just as fast.

yup ;)

Absolutely staggering.

In the past I'd defend him saying we haven't got the players, but Luton Town at home and he;

Plays Mykolenko, when Young could have slotted there and Patterson right back.
Plays James Garner at RM when he has Harrison and Danjuma.
Continues to play Gana/Onana/Doucoure in the same team - absolutely no need for two number 6s in Onana/Gana at home to Luton.
He's on record as saying Beto and Calvert-Lewin aren't ready as a pair, so what changed?

And an opportunity to change the story?

What's he on about?

Nothing is changed by beating Luton at home FFS.

The story he's wrote is 4 pathetic home defeats on the spin.

He shouldn't make it out of Goodison's tunnel without being sacked if we don't beat Bournemouth.

I think playing Young full stop is enough to warrant a sacking. I know the other options aren’t brilliant but the fella has proven beyond a doubt that he is done as a professional footballer. He has absolutely nothing left to offer, a shambles defensively and physically can’t get up the pitch to offer anything in attack. I don’t want to see him start another game barring a complete injury crisis.

They are letting him down because it’s plainly obvious that he’s a negative manager setting them up not to lose. He must be awful to play for.
21 shots on target in those three games. Fulham, Luton and Wolves had 6, scoring 4 goals collectively. That to me isn’t Dyche setting us up to lose. The stats disagree. It’s the players simply not being good enough to score the goals.

Fair analysis on the midfield. I thought Garner looked superb against Brentford and Villa, first half. Not so much his lovely eye for a pass, but his intensity and snap in the tackle which led to the DCL goal against Brentford. Been a while since we saw such classy commitment in an Everton midfield. A throwback. But to bring in Gueye - who is appalling in possession (and always was) - and Doucoure, who is just a cart-horse beggard belief. Neither is constructive on the ball. That type of player has no business in an Everton midfield.

Lose to Bournemouth and that would surely be the end in normal circumstances. But we saw how long it took the board - and the majority of the fanbase - to realise Frank Lampard was a con-man last year. Bournemouth hammered him twice in four days and still he had his believers. Add in the fact that right now this club is bereft of actual leadership and it's not far-fetched to imagine a scenario where Dyche loses again at the weekend and we just drift along because there is nobody in power to see him out the door and appoint a replacement.

For me, this match could be decisive. We HAVE to win it, in my view - just as we did the last time they turned up at Goodison. I just don't see three teams worse than us right now. We MUST have Bournemouth below us by season's end because I have a feeling Burnley won't be, whatever about the two sides who have already taken four points from six off us - Luton and Sheffield United.

Yeah I think Garner is massively marginalised to fit in Doucoure and Gana.

I would prefer to see Garner and Onana in the middle with someone with a shred of creativity in front of them, Moyes 4231 formation, problem is Doucoure is a 1 in 3 player under Dyche and he won't drop him, but I actually think Gana and Doucoure are a bit of an issue now in trying to get the midfield ticking, the only answer to that for me at the moment is Garner.

We have to win against Bournemouth, I mean even with the whole upheaval there is no way Dyche could survive another defeat, it would be negligence from Moshiri, 777, Thelwell whoever.

... as I've said loads, I expect us to fight relegation this season.

I think the team we have are relegation fodder.

After Arsenal, I was suggesting calm - suggesting fans wait until Bournemouth. After Bournemouth there as an international break.

I expected to lose to Brentford, and Villa.

I expected us to beat Luton.

We're in better position, after Arsenal, than I expected - same level of points, but still in the cup.

But that Luton game... I've never been so infuriated with a result, and Everton manager as that. Absolutely appalling.

We can't stay up with this home form;

Everton 0-1 Fulham
Everton 0-1 Wolves
Everton 0-1 Arsenal
Everton 1-2 Luton Town

^ I've asked before, but does anyone know if we've ever lost 4 home games on the spin at Goodison since the Prem started?

Look at the opposition there too - there's 9 points there we've absolutely pissed away.

Does my head in what we've become. Commentator kept saying during Forest vs Brentford how Brentford losing to Everton was a real shock to the system etc.

Since Koeman, and Allardyce, Benitez and Dyche we've become proper no marks of the league. And we have this manager setting us up to not lose at home to Luton Town.

Yes

Almost sure it happened either side of the world cup last season.

Leicester 0-2
Wolves 1-2
Brighton 1-4
Southampton 1-2

We did avoid 5 in a row by beating Arsenal though. But Lampard was sacked due to those defeats, so Dyche should rightly be under a lot of scrutiny. His predecessor was sacked for a very similar run of form.