2023/24 Sean Dyche

We’ve got sufficient quality in the squad to be comfortably mid-table.

Under a good manager, we should be poking the top half teams in the eye now and again and winning the obvious games like Luton at home.

Under a brilliant manager, we’d get a decent cup run and be chasing a bottom end European place.

Under Dyche, it doesn’t look like any of the above is possible. He doesn’t appear to be able to motivate, structure the team, or even tactically compete with bottom end sides.

Whatever he did have, it isn’t working and isn’t going to suddenly kick in. Just because there are some appalling teams in the prem, doesn’t mean we should accept being slightly less worse than them.

We’ve sacked far better managers. Sack, before it’s too late.

What's baffling is apparently his attacking style is "off the cuff" who doesn't coach attacking patterns of play in football anymore? Poor. He's a limited manager for me.
The midfield seems to be instructed to play with this off-the-cuff stuff to maintain fluidity, but we are so poorly coached that the movement has just not kept up with the actual passing. So players look awkward and cannot play a one-touch pass and move fluid-type style when it looks like they are instructed to do so. These need more bespoke rondos in their training sessions.

We’ve got sufficient quality in the squad to be comfortably mid-table.

Under a good manager, we should be poking the top half teams in the eye now and again and winning the obvious games like Luton at home.

Under a brilliant manager, we’d get a decent cup run and be chasing a bottom end European place.

Under Dyche, it doesn’t look like any of the above is possible. He doesn’t appear to be able to motivate, structure the team, or even tactically compete with bottom end sides.

Whatever he did have, it isn’t working and isn’t going to suddenly kick in. Just because there are some appalling teams in the prem, doesn’t mean we should accept being slightly less worse than them.

We’ve sacked far better managers. Sack, before it’s too late.
I've been saying for quite a while now, the players are good enough and theres plenty of quality in there!
Obviously injuries, bad coaching and bad tactics and lack of belief/confidence are the main reasons for the situation we are in. Benitez/Lampard & now Dyche are all dreadful appointments.

I saw a West Ham goal this weerkend which involved Souchek, Coufal, Alvarez & Bowen knocking the ball around the opposition in one/two touches to culminate in a goal.
The list of players there, while all good in there own right, are not exactly hailed as playmaking geniuses, but good coaching, good planning and knowledge of how to overload zones on the pitch create that.

Our tactic appears to be, lump it up and hope it drops to one of our players

He’s only been with you guys for 8 months maybe sacking managers in that timeframe is part of the problem? Look at your most successful manager of recent history David Moyles how long did he get? Bet there was some wobbles but you stuck by him and he was another pragmatist.
The thing is, the defending from set pieces has been shocking since the beginning of the season. It’s been highlighted on this board, and I’d imagine the opposition are highlighting it in their preparations to play against Everton. So what happened on Saturday? 2 goals lost at set pieces. You’d think a decent coach would’ve addressed the obvious problem.

He’s only been with you guys for 8 months maybe sacking managers in that timeframe is part of the problem? Look at your most successful manager of recent history David Moyles how long did he get? Bet there was some wobbles but you stuck by him and he was another pragmatist.
I'm no big fan of Dyche but I do agree with this to an extent. At some point we have to stop the cycle of sacking managers. But Dyche needs to be doing more now. We've got enough bodies in now. He should be getting more out of this group of players.

The thing is, the defending from set pieces has been shocking since the beginning of the season. It’s been highlighted on this board, and I’d imagine the opposition are highlighting it in their preparations to play against Everton. So what happened on Saturday? 2 goals lost at set pieces. You’d think a decent coach would’ve addressed the obvious problem.
It takes times perhaps pal to turn around Everton when many managers before have tried and failed and left their players behind. You see in the two games before that sure sign of progress. Progress isn’t linear.

It takes times perhaps pal to turn around Everton when many managers before have tried and failed and left their players behind. You see in the two games before that sure sign of progress. Progress isn’t linear.
But there is no sign of change when it comes to defending set pieces, it was the same set up on Saturday as previously. Every man in the box.

I've been saying for quite a while now, the players are good enough and theres plenty of quality in there!
Obviously injuries, bad coaching and bad tactics and lack of belief/confidence are the main reasons for the situation we are in. Benitez/Lampard & now Dyche are all dreadful appointments.

I saw a West Ham goal this weerkend which involved Souchek, Coufal, Alvarez & Bowen knocking the ball around the opposition in one/two touches to culminate in a goal.
The list of players there, while all good in there own right, are not exactly hailed as playmaking geniuses, but good coaching, good planning and knowledge of how to overload zones on the pitch create that.

Our tactic appears to be, lump it up and hope it drops to one of our players
Is that you davey? 🤔

But there is no sign of change when it comes to defending set pieces, it was the same set up on Saturday as previously. Every man in the box.
It worked twice already that week in two impressive away wins though pal. Looked like progress to the natural. Town had their day at Goodison on Saturday and no one was expecting that. These things happen. Bigger picture pal.