2023/24 Sean Dyche

Can you find the stats comparing his 23/24 numbers to the rest of the teams in the league please.

Comparing him to one of the so-called worst managers in our history (Lampard) isn't really useful.
Apart from we have to deal with the Now, the present (which has to include the immediate past to have something to compare to) and this is The Dyche Thread.
It could be said to perhaps indicate a trend.

Also depends how much you care about all this xG guff - and I don't, well not to the be all and end all extent of some
But I can read the figures, so I'll weigh it in the balance with others stuff...like the result after 90+mins and the actual table and take it when it suits me.*

* wasn't our xG thingy supposedly off the scale for our first three games - the ones we Lost?

I'm sure I said somewhere around July that I'd review Dyche when the clocks go back - well they have and I did.
I'd like us higher. but I try to go 'One Game at a Time' and have another look after the Christmas deccies have come down and we've yet again managed to somehow stumble out of the FA Cup.

My past posts have been damning of SD in all football related matters and indeed match comments. However the dignified, calm, intelligent but still angry way he dealt with the media regards the derby non sending off was an absolute master class in getting your views known without having constant Klopp like histrionics. I really warmed to him and his seemingly genuine understated affection for our club and fans. Maybe this will be a turning point for him and the club. He is not out of the woods yet for me but I am happy to give him more of a fair chanc

Quite a few did overhype him.

They did, I was one of them that backed him, purely because he wasn’t the disgusting fat kopite pig. But I’m pretty sure the consensus in the end was he had to be sacked and in fact we left it far too long to get rid of him.

Almost a year on from his sacking and people are still referencing him, as if anyone that’s ever questioned Dyche is doing so because they’re still pining for Lampard to return bizarrely. I don’t remember anyone making the case that he should’ve kept his job when he was sacked. I find the people still bringing his name up as if anyone else is still thinking about him the weirdest of all.

They did, I was one of them that backed him, purely because he wasn’t the disgusting fat kopite pig. But I’m pretty sure the consensus in the end was he had to be sacked and in fact we left it far too long to get rid of him.

Almost a year on from his sacking and people are still referencing him, as if anyone that’s ever questioned Dyche is doing so because they’re still pining for Lampard to return bizarrely. I don’t remember anyone making the case that he should’ve kept his job when he was sacked. I find the people still bringing his name up as if anyone else is still thinking about him the weirdest of all.

Mike, you still talk about the fat kopite on a weekly basis. That's nearly 2 years to his sacking. That makes you weirder in your thinking.

Mike, you still talk about the fat kopite on a weekly basis. That's nearly 2 years to his sacking. That makes you weirder in your thinking.

I don’t believe I’ve mentioned Benitez in conjunction with the current Everton manager at all? Discussing Benitez in the Benitez thread isn’t weird at all. There’s a Lampard thread if you want to discuss his performance as Everton manager and whatever he’s done since leaving. Why is his name being brought up in the Dyche thread every 5 minutes? He has absolutely nothing to do with Dyche’s performance as Everton manager?

I don’t believe I’ve mentioned Benitez in conjunction with the current Everton manager at all? Discussing Benitez in the Benitez thread isn’t weird at all. There’s a Lampard thread if you want to discuss his performance as Everton manager and whatever he’s done since leaving. Why is his name being brought up in the Dyche thread every 5 minutes? He has absolutely nothing to do with Dyche’s performance as Everton manager?

I brought up Lampard in response to someone wanting Dyche out as last season in October he said we would finish top 10 with Lampard.

Just getting them to reflect.

I brought up Lampard in response to someone wanting Dyche out as last season in October he said we would finish top 10 with Lampard.

Just getting them to reflect.

What’s that got to do with Dyche though really? Someone made a poor call a year ago, it’s happened before and it’ll happen again. It’d be different if people were still crying about Lampard and making the case that he was unfairly sacked. I haven’t seen one post suggesting that.