2023/24 Sean Dyche

Me too. I feel like Duality expects European football or sack. It's unrealistic.
In hindsight, we could easily be at the top end of that prediction (or even above) if results went our way, but ifs and buts mean nothing - we are where we are.

But I think we have a decent starting XI with players who can improve even further, so I think a comfortable midtable finish isn't unrealistic baring a huge setback.

I just don't want to go into the final few weeks needing results to go our way - I want the last few games to mean sweet FA.

Dyche, you're one handsome good-looking ginger of a man!!! 🧑‍🦰 :drunk:
F-qz3hHXEAAI8Bc

In hindsight, we could easily be at the top end of that prediction (or even above) if results went our way, but ifs and buts mean nothing - we are where we are.

But I think we have a decent starting XI with players who can improve even further, so I think a comfortable midtable finish isn't unrealistic baring a huge setback.

I just don't want to go into the final few weeks needing results to go our way - I want the last few games to mean sweet FA.
If you look at the table tonight, if we'd held on against Brighton we'd be 12th. It's always a log jam in the mid table, the difference between 9th and 16th ends up being 5 points, so if we're fortunate come season end and have that 9th spot, or unfortunate and have that 16th spot, it will still be much of a muchness in that the main task was done.

United are there for the taking. Shambolic this season. I would fancy sticking the ball , in the air , in the box anytime. Tarks, DLC, Duc's, Branthwaite, onana, should have a field day.
If we can come back from the international break with a clean bill of health there’s no reason we can’t have a good go at United (allowing for Martial to have his one decent game of the season of course)

I think Dyche has sort of cracked our away game against those around us. But those higher up, Villa overran us earlier in the season but not in the cup game. He's improved the team by improving the players. The game against LFC well we get nothing there. How we play against the top 8 home and away will show how far we're moving. So far played 2 of the top 8 away, got beat against villa and won the cup game and arsenal at home, lost. The way we play could be a sign of a good cup team.

I think Dyche has sort of cracked our away game against those around us. But those higher up, Villa overran us earlier in the season but not in the cup game. He's improved the team by improving the players. The game against LFC well we get nothing there. How we play against the top 8 home and away will show how far we're moving. So far played 2 of the top 8 away, got beat against villa and won the cup game and arsenal at home, lost. The way we play could be a sign of a good cup team.
That's the point. We need to win the games against the lower sides first. The top 8 are a bonus. We lost vs Wolves, Fulham and Luton at home, but also got wins vs Brentford, West Ham and Crystal Palace away, which made it up a bit. The football isn't a joy to watch, but the team cohesion and team spirit clearly improved under Dyche. After the last 2 seasons, it's more important we look like a decent prem squad, which is obviously the case in most games this season and lately we reward ourselves with points.