2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think with 30 points tactics might be a bit different, Defence and organisation is good. Composure on the ball is lacking. I thought we looked better when Onana come on. Godfrey did some timely defending but his ball retention is not at the standard required at this level. What’s annoying is when we get it on the deck we can open teams up. If we get a favourable outcome with the appeal I think the team will take the shackles off more.
He'll only be more defensive in that instance. These performances are supposed to be us chasing points to avoid relegation and build up a buffer against further point deductions.

He'll only be more defensive in that instance. These performances are supposed to be us chasing points to avoid relegation and build up a buffer against further point deductions.
It’s that black and white. This situation is having an adverse affect on the team. It’s been going on for 5 months. Like we have an abundance of attacking prowess in the squad at the minute. We wouldn’t have heard a peep out of you if we had of won.

The number of furious calls for Dobbin to come on to offer counter pace all over the internet is incredible really. Frustration yes, loads of it, and the players should be able to manage that game out. The fanbase is totally fried with everything going on and consumed with fume, understandably I guess.

Honestly think if we commit one more player forward against these decent sides than we currently do, and break up our successful defensive shape, we get massacred. Such a fine balance with a squad this bad. Horrendous to watch obviously. And yes, should be seeing it out. But go toe to toe with these teams that score 3, 4 or 5 goals regularly, and we don’t stand a chance.
You can’t go toe to toe when all you do is boot it long,
You’re just gambling on picking up 2nd balls. So impossible for dyche to
Commit players forward,
He plays one way and that’s it

It’s that black and white. This situation is having an adverse affect on the team. It’s been going on for 5 months. Like we have an abundance of attacking prowess in the squad at the minute. We wouldn’t have heard a peep out of you if we had of won.
But makes no difference when dobbin or danjuma are available.
Only one gets on for abiut 5 mins.
Dobbin has had about an hour since his Chelsea goal 11 games ago

When you have no idea how many points you actually need, then I do find it a bit weird to set up so negatively. A point today might be ok but we ultimately have no idea and probably won't for a long time.

We need to show more intent and stop setting up with the mentality that scraping a point would be a good result. Because we don't know if it is.
I don’t think makes much difference with Dyche.

We all know if they’d have given us 10 points back yesterday, absolutely nothing about that game would have been different.

But we didn't and we haven't in too long.
Dyche likes to talk about realism and pragmatism, which is exactly why people are pointing it out that the performances haven't been good enough.
No need to get narky about people being realistic about his habitually negative style of management.