2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's always relied on set pieces and crosses.

The problem with Dyche (and Pulis who plays exactly the same way) is fans will tolerate the football when it gets results. Without results though, the awful football is less tolerable. The 4 wins in a row after the points deduction, the leeway given from the points deduction and the dire standard of the promoted teams are his saving grace. Even last season we were only a goal away from relegation and were fortunate Leicester and Leeds collapsed.

We actually played good football yesterday. Or did I miss that?

Also...no one tolerates "good" football and bad results.

You`ve asked the question and answered it... 🤣

Any DoF worth his salt would have their ideal manager list, managers that embrace the values of the club and the way the DoF wants to implement at the club.

He should be in the back ground asking these managers the question through intermediaries, it may very well be that his top targets aren`t interested in the job as it is.

BUT something has to change, the club can not allow Dyche to drift to 13 winless in the league, or 15 or 21 till the end of the season and based on the evidence that could well happen.

Isn`t insanity doing the exact same thing over and over again but expecting different results?

The problem is we keep bringing in managers who take a pragmatic short term approach rather than trying to build something. If Dyche was able to go out tomorrow and upgrade the entire forward line, I think he would set up exactly the same and play the exact same style.

I dont think the problem has been that we sacked managers. I think the problem has been constantly appointing the wrong managers who go on abysmal runs where their position becomes untenable.

With lots of time what is Dyche trying to build?

He has been here over a year now and I have no clue what we are trying to do in possession. Other than hammer the ball direct back to front and float crosses into the box from very deep areas.

If good football is defined as football which creates chances, then yes. We did.

And in the end that's about it. Gaffer's plans gave us enough for a win. It's the donkeys in front of goal who are failing us.
Good job the defensive players are good so they keept clean sheets, I assume you will also be giving the players at the back the credit for our defensive performances this season and NOT Dyche.

It would be idiotic to say Dyche is responsible for our defensive performances but not any of our attacking performances, wouldn`t you agree?

Training this week should consist of nothing other than passing and shooting exercises. Has been a problem all season and has got to be sorted. There is a 6 year old across the road with a goal in his front garden and he scores more goals than this entire team can. I mean how hard is it, it is literally the whole point of football.

Frustrating me beyond belief so get it sorted or i will get the bed sheets out and they have been cleaned and ironed.

Let’s be honest here. Dyche is not perfect and still has to improve. Same as some players in this squad. Whether he is allowed to improve the squad next season remains to be seen . We are on 31 points technically after 27 games and I’m sure the way the last few years have been a lot of us would have taken that at this stage in the season. Sad as it may seem.

We actually played good football yesterday. Or did I miss that?

Also...no one tolerates "good" football and bad results.
The results I hate most is games likes yesterday. We should have won 5-0 and no one would say it we didn’t deserve it. Yet we get beat 3-1 it’s just sickening.
The 3 best GK performances of any GK this season can you guess.
Leno Fulham 9.6
Jose SA wolves 9.7
West ham keeper 9.8
All against us at Home.

Training this week should consist of nothing other than passing and shooting exercises. Has been a problem all season and has got to be sorted. There is a 6 year old across the road with a goal in his front garden and he scores more goals than this entire team can. I mean how hard is it, it is literally the whole point of football.

Frustrating me beyond belief so get it sorted or i will get the bed sheets out and they have been cleaned and ironed.
Apparently they're upping his asthma meds and he's playing for the RS next week.

The things we know Dyche will do:
A variation of a 4-4-1-1
Doucoure and McNeil will start the majority of games due to their work ethic
Throw ins and passes will, more times than not, go backwards
There’ll be very little work done with attacking patterns of play
We will revert quickly into shape once we lose possession
Substitutes will be late in the game and like for like
If game plan A isn’t working then don’t expect a plan B
XG will be a great get out of jail card for him

The problem is we keep bringing in managers who take a pragmatic short term approach rather than trying to build something. If Dyche was able to go out tomorrow and upgrade the entire forward line, I think he would set up exactly the same and play the exact same style.

I dont think the problem has been that we sacked managers. I think the problem has been constantly appointing the wrong managers who go on abysmal runs where their position becomes untenable.

With lots of time what is Dyche trying to build?

He has been here over a year now and I have no clue what we are trying to do in possession. Other than hammer the ball direct back to front and float crosses into the box from very deep areas.
☝️ 100% agree...

How many times do we see the ball at the strikers feet in the opposition half and then it gets passed all the way back to Pickford directly or indirectly who just punts it forward.

Dyche Everton have been found out by the rest of the Premier League, probably about 10-13 games ago, teams know what`s coming and the exact line up.

Dyche is the same as Allardyce, he has the ability to become more possession based and more attacking, show us you can be progressive. Unfortunately both managers are exactly the same and refuse to change and the same fate will befall Dyche as with Allardyce.