2023/24 Sean Dyche

Well under very different but difficult circumstances both managers took over with a defence first approach.

Simeone inherited a good team, Dyche did not.

Simeone was able to count on goalscorers which enabled his approach to be clinical.

Dyche has no goalscorers. While his approach creates a lot of chances (as Simeones did) the difference being one team won games due to the tight defence and finishers.

The other is struggling due to an inability to score goals.

Add two high calibre attackers and perhaps we see far better results.
Heres an example Zat.

Sean Dyche has managed around 300 games in English top flight.

He equates to 0.83 goals per game over that time

He’s not once EVER tried to change that. He sets up his teams to play small margins; concede nothing create nothing but try to snatch one.

Here an example Zat.

Sean Dyche has managed around 300 games in English top flight.

He equates to 0.83 goals per game over that time

He’s not once EVER tried to change that. He sets up his teams to play small margins; concede nothing create nothing but try to snatch one.
He just needs Mbappe, with Mbappe and KDB in the side he would do better.

I think the answer is no, but the problem is whether he realises this. I've got the feeling that is a "no" too.

Can't wait for Dyche to get his big chance at a club with super Atletico strikers, tho.
I heard Atletico discussed sacking Simeone and replacing him with Dyche when Burnley deemed him not good enough

Well under very different but difficult circumstances both managers took over with a defence first approach.

Simeone inherited a good team, Dyche did not.

Simeone was able to count on goalscorers which enabled his approach to be clinical.

Dyche has no goalscorers. While his approach creates a lot of chances (as Simeones did) the difference being one team won games due to the tight defence and finishers.

The other is struggling due to an inability to score goals.

Add two high calibre attackers and perhaps we see far better results.
You are right about that. But that's it, just doesn't make sense to compare Everton and Atletico. The squad of Atletico was miles better back then of course than anything Everton had in the last few years.

Atletico won EL in 2010, but was struggling 11/12 when Simeone took them over in Dec 2011 as 10th with a squad good enough to be top 5, he made them 5, and they reached top 4 ever since, also he won EL in 2012 his first season and few titles.

On the other had, I don't see a wide overload in our team, I see the coaching team being a pedestrian, when the plan doesn't work more often under Dyche than in 100s of games I've watched Simeone. Tactically that's on another level.

He would need time here to succeed, but I'm sure we wouldn't have gone on a 11 winless run.

I heard Atletico discussed sacking Simeone and replacing him with Dyche when Burnley deemed him not good enough
Sounds like a TV show, 2 managers exchange their clubs for 1 month. For example Howe went Atletico during his time between Bmouth and Newcastle. Do you think it's coincidence that he made the defense suddenly better, the season he took over and last season in CL and Atletico suddenly became good goal scorers again. I know their defense record this season is terrible.

We wouldnt be kack under Simeone.
People said the same about Ancelotti, but at times we were very kack. Lo and behold we then went backward every year since he left, this one aside.

The thing is, we just haven't got a very good squad and we're still having to sell our best players. Now, whilst there are undoubtedly better managers than the gravelly voiced head slapper, we will still have several players in and around the first team, who, probably shouldn't be anywhere near a PL first XI. Now at PL level, in my opinion, the quality of the squad is the over riding factor. If we keep selling our best players and failing to recruit like for like, then it matters not who is in charge.