2023/24 Sean Dyche

I agree their forwards were clearly better than ours, but their defence and keeper are bottom half standard so that sort of balances it out. If we had Dubravka playing as many games as he’s played for them this season, we’d be rock bottom of the table.

Again, I look at a team sheet and see the entire team, not just Isak and Barnes. If we put Isak and Barnes in Sheffield United’s team, would we then fear them and settle for a point in that game?

No, I'd be more weary of them though I suppose. I think it's easier for fringe players to slot into a good side though. As opposed to say us, especially as our fringe players consist of people who have been failures at this club for many years.

Maybe at home I'd be more disappointed we didn't do more, but I'd have taken a point away before the game truth be told.

Lampard had run out of ideas, you could see that. He tried a variety of different ways and nothing was working. He should have went in the World Cup break in all honesty.

Dyche fumbled across the line last year, we had a baron spell of almost 2 months without a win as well.

But that’s how he operated at Burnley. Little purple patches that got him over the line
Yeah, that's a bit like that. Tbf, we have our points from our run from mid October-mid December. Season start and last 13 are abysmal.

And Dyche has 1,5 ideas in total maybe. Had the chance to show that he's more flexible and has a better learning curve than his reputation, but failed so far. Hope at least he will start Gomes and Garner, as we need to play football against Burnley. They look a bit better than 2-3 months ago now.

I agree their forwards were clearly better than ours, but their defence and keeper are bottom half standard so that sort of balances it out. If we had Dubravka playing as many games as he’s played for them this season, we’d be rock bottom of the table.

Again, I look at a team sheet and see the entire team, not just Isak and Barnes. If we put Isak and Barnes in Sheffield United’s team, would we then fear them and settle for a point in that game?
I wouldn't imagine our squad with 10-12 players out, maybe even rather forfeit the game. I believe they had 4 good players that are better than us yesterday, Barnes, Isak, Bruno and Schär. Schär for me is one of the most underrated player in the league.

Howe is doing a good job there, still regulary starting players that fought for relegation 2 seasons ago.

For me they are about in the table where the team realistically belongs, maybe expectations rose too high with the overachievment last season, and following a hard programme with a lot of injuries.

I think we played well last night although I think Dunnet gave us that draw and we rode our luck with Pickford saving us. But I still can't forgive him playing Godfrey at right back or continually playing McNeil who was awful last night. It seems obvious to put McNeil if your playing him, on right not left so he can cut inside. It was like Billyatdinov under Moyes, he wasn't a winger, he should of played behind striker. Yes he made subs but were they well thought out subs, or did he just put them on because of our let off. DCL scored, but did he warrant getting put on, not particularly. Beto is a decent striker, it's just we don't play to his strengths, Chermiti looked great when he came on. Hopefully him and Beto start against Burnley, DCL still nearly missed penalty. If Godfrey starts on Saturday I'll have nervous breakdown.

I think we do have some rotten luck. Not losing points at the death against Brighton and Bournemouth and we would have 7 points over Luton. Fine margins.

I think we played well last night although I think Dunnet gave us that draw and we rode our luck with Pickford saving us. But I still can't forgive him playing Godfrey at right back or continually playing McNeil who was awful last night. It seems obvious to put McNeil if your playing him, on right not left so he can cut inside. It was like Billyatdinov under Moyes, he wasn't a winger, he should have played behind striker. Yes he made subs but were they well thought out subs, or did he just put them on because of our let off. DCL scored, but did he warrant getting put on, not particularly. Beto is a decent striker, it's just we don't play to his strengths, Chermiti looked great when he came on. Hopefully him and Beto start against Burnley, DCL still nearly missed penalty. If Godfrey starts on Saturday I'll have nervous breakdown.
You actually thought we played well last night ??
We didn’t lay a glove on them for 75 mins a Newcastle team down to the bare bones. A back 5 which is bottom 6 material. Yes garner hit a post and we got the pen and looked better in the last 15, but did their keeper actually make a safe of note?

We could have been 3 or 4 down an hour gone on another day

I think we do have some rotten luck. Not losing points at the death against Brighton and Bournemouth and we would have 7 points over Luton. Fine margins.
How is Brighton rotten a luck, we had a man advantage a goal up with 15 to go and the manager made a defensive change and we didn’t have an attempt at goal in them last 15 mins, while Brighton had 2 shots at goal. The mananger decided to go long and sit deep, basically nullifying our man advantage, that’s on dyche it’s not bad luck.

Football is meant to be vaguely entertaining after all , it’s a lot of money to pay for a second rate entertainment.
Also any sporting venture should be predicated
on being the best you can , not the least worst.
I’m grateful and very happy we took a point off the verminous barcodes, but the standard of football we play remains poor and if we continue to pursue and reinforce it in the future we will never be more than we are currently.

See my other reply.

Entertainment comes from stability and reassurance in what you're doing.

We have an absentee owner, a billion of debt, points deductions, and having to sell anything that's not nailed down.

Im not in the camp of expecting entertainment when we're barely functioning as a football club

No we want a manager who can actually win a game, he’s managed to beat arguably one of our worst managers for a winless run in the PL, we’ve sacked managers for less

And some of those sackings weren't warranted - Marco Silva for example - as they're due to expectations.

And wins vs points accumulated is where it boils down to and we've amassed more points than the last 2 managers. We've broken awful records for the past 3 seasons. It's nothing new.

Panic if we don't beat Burnley.

They was there for the taking last night and any decent manager would set up a team to try and win. Not Dyche though, set up to contain them and go for the 0-0. Had a spell in the second half after Garner and Gomes came on where we seemed to be able to pass the ball and the full back were allowed to push on. The manager is a disgrace

We're not Fulham and United are 6th. We are not on their level.

Brentford battered United and should’ve won, and we’d be above Brentford if it wasn’t for the points deduction? Also Forest beat United, and I’m meant to buy that it’s completely beyond the realms of possibility for us to take a point off them? No, sorry, not buying it.