2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm not sure that all the pro Dyche fans are happy clappers. I think the last thirty (or should i say forty) years worth of mediocrity is starting to wear some people down.

Hence we have people who are happy enough with the performance of a manager, who has overseen our longest run of games without a win in the premier league.

Don’t give 2 hoots what you or anyone else thinks. It’s a forum. Been going like a lot of blues for a very long time and the nauseous accept this kind of crap from the Kenwright clappers to this clueless nobed to date bores and annoys the crap outta me to.
We/You need to accept that there are just some people in this world who will support things, simply cos they are Everton things.

I kinda used to be like that, its Everton so you give it your full support.

But this club just grinds you down doesnt it?

But we won our last game, so whilst I wont declare everything tip top, I will try and savour the feeling of this victory for a few days more!

The football is absolutely garbage and he is an obvious dinosaur, but we are a basket case of a club in every sense. I wish I could say we could sack Dyche and do better but I'm far from convinced. Who would even be making the decision to get rid of him? I doubt even anyone at the club knows.

Listening to the atmosphere today, I think most Evertonians feel like me. Completely drained not just by the last few seasons but by the last 30 years. What even are we as a club any more? That transition from being one of the biggest teams in the land to where we are now has happened without barely a murmur. We now have the first generation of fans coming through whose parents have known nothing but failure and it absolutely kills me because that expectation of failure runs deep through the club l.

But that's where we are right now and probably will be for a long, long time. We can type with fury about wanting Dyche out (and I completely understand that) but I just wish people had been more passionate about getting rid of our chairman 25 years ago.
Great post the only reason Dyche is even here in the first place is because we are a pitiful shambles of a club.

The vast majority of us and the local media the red rag/echo, Radio City and BBC Radio Merseyside etc, just sat on their/our arses and allowed it to happen.

The people who tried to speak out were told to shut their effing traps and to pipe down. Don't be a self entitled kopite etc.

You reap what you sow and the Kenwright happy clappers have the club they deserve. The manager is a problem for sure, but the bigger issue here is the people hiring the managers.

These are the same people who turned a big fish into a small insignificant crappy little fish. We're not even that anymore though. We're just a tiny little plankton down the bottom of the ocean at this stage.

Last edited:

I'm not sure that all the pro Dyche fans are happy clappers. I think the last thirty (or should i say forty) years worth of mediocrity is starting to wear some people down.

Hence we have people who are happy enough with the performance of a manager, who has overseen our longest run of games without a win in the premier league.

On the flip side, I feel people who think the job he’s done is unacceptable or is beneath Everton have their heads buried in the sand. The footballing side has been run just as poorly as everything else in this club and he has provided stability.

The club is in shambles and he’s put together a squad that can defend, and bar more outrageous stuff from the PL, will likely stay in the league despite having points robbed

This isn’t Evertons glory days. It’s not even Moyes, Martinez or Silva. The club is broken completely, people need to accept that.

No one is happy we are where we are. But we are there and it has little to do with Sean Dyche. If the club were managed properly the past 7-8 years, he would never have gotten an interview here

It's a truly odd situation at Everton.

It's the worst football I can ever remember ( worse than Allardyce) but on any view points wise Dyche is doing an excellent job in incredibly difficult circumstances.

I don't see the situation improving until we have new owners ( not 777).

Until then Dyche is the best chance of keeping Everton in the division.

Only problem is we could lose a generation of fans whilst he is at the helm.

I've no idea what the answer is. If the imperative is to stay in the PL until we get to BMD then you keep Dyche.

If we have ambition beyond that you roll the dice and get rid at the end of the season.
We should have ambition beyond that, just because he’s a better manager than Lampard and doing a slightly better job, that doest make it excellent.

All this he’s doing it under incredibly difficult circumstances. You can also switch around that he’s extremely lucky, to have an owner who’s checked out and no board or chairman.

He should be gone in the summer and let’s start afresh with a manager who wants to actually attack teams and try and win games, also who’s going to want to play for this manager, he doesn’t play youngsters, he’s has a pop at the academy. It’s catch 22 with dyche, yes we probably won’t have a lot of money in the summer, but even if we did, which good footballers will want to play for him and this mind numbing style. While you have dyche, you will only have bang average footballers

We should have ambition beyond that, just because he’s a better manager than Lampard and doing a slightly better job, that doest make it excellent.

All this he’s doing it under incredibly difficult circumstances. You can also switch around that he’s extremely lucky, to have an owner who’s checked out and no board or chairman.

He should be gone in the summer and let’s start afresh with a manager who wants to actually attack teams and try and win games, also who’s going to want to play for this manager, he doesn’t play youngsters, he’s has a pop at the academy. It’s catch 22 with dyche, yes we probably won’t have a lot of money in the summer, but even if we did, which good footballers will want to play for him and this mind numbing style. While you have dyche, you will only have bang average footballers
Journeymen and mercenaries is all you'd recruit to play the Dinoball we play. He's paid 5 million a year and doesn't improve players no young player looking for a platform to step up would choose us it's impossible to shine under these tactics.

Bring back Martinez, probably the last time I enjoyed watching Everton win Arsenal at Home United away Dortmond home and away, he also played youth players.

Yes his defence was crap at the end but when it was good it was good, when was the last time we can say we played well and deserved that convincing win?

I actually think getting the points deduction has suited dyche.
His tactics and the way he plays suits the strap in for the ride, grind it out, ugly game.

I actually feel he doesnt have the ability to take a fairly average set of players any higher than reaching the minimum to stay up.

Second lowest scorers in the prem. but up until few weeks back, had the most goals from set pieces in league and only the top 3 conceding less goals, shows you where his weakness lies.

And lets be honest, take branthwaite out of the team and wed be relegated this year even without points deduction.

It's a truly odd situation at Everton.

It's the worst football I can ever remember ( worse than Allardyce) but on any view points wise Dyche is doing an excellent job in incredibly difficult circumstances.

I don't see the situation improving until we have new owners ( not 777).

Until then Dyche is the best chance of keeping Everton in the division.

Only problem is we could lose a generation of fans whilst he is at the helm.

I've no idea what the answer is. If the imperative is to stay in the PL until we get to BMD then you keep Dyche.

If we have ambition beyond that you roll the dice and get rid at the end of the season.
I agree with you but if we lose a generation of fans it won’t be because of dyche it will be because of the club as a whole kids don’t care if you’re losing playing hoofball or losing playing tiki taka it’s being terrible that will turn people away not the style of football.

Under Moyes I don't think we had any 'world-class' players. We had a solid coach (if cautious at times), who organised prem-quality players, with an excellent work ethic (Neville et al) and defenders with an eye for goal. Jags, Unsy, Yobo, Lescott. Arteta / Pienaar and latterly Barkley / Lukaku gave some pizazz (spelling). We bought well, they bought into and ethic. It is in this moment from Martinez and Koeman onwards that things went wrong.

We were never spending top 4 money, but we wanted 'names' and 'Europe'. I never saw the names of since up and coming managers and players who've succeeded like De Zerbi or Howe. Or Maddison when he was promising at Norwich. No, get Sigs Ron you conceited c*&)&t in the most protracted signing ever for no success at all.

Villa, Newcastle, City, Spurs, West Ham and even Brentford have moved past us in set-up, performance, (some inc. costly stadia projects). And the likes of Brighton enjoy greater financial stability and Europe.

None of this is Dyche's fault. The shackles of over-spending, reputation and the short-termism of that 'spend' under Mosh and BK, Walsh started the rot.

Dyche might very well be the reason we get out of that still in the Premier league - albeit with what ownership still TBC.

I do agree that our football has not been good enough of late.
We are backs to the walls, he has to find a way of creating better chances.
We have the games to do that, and we stand a greater chance with GP in full voice.

I actually think getting the points deduction has suited dyche.
His tactics and the way he plays suits the strap in for the ride, grind it out, ugly game.

I actually feel he doesnt have the ability to take a fairly average set of players any higher than reaching the minimum to stay up.

Second lowest scorers in the prem. but up until few weeks back, had the most goals from set pieces in league and only the top 3 conceding less goals, shows you where his weakness lies.

And lets be honest, take branthwaite out of the team and wed be relegated this year even without points deduction.
To be fair, football is the result. There is no priority before surviving in PL.
Without the point deduction, we are very comfortable in remaining in PL. Unlike the previous, we dont need to be fear until the last game.
We are 4th in defence but 19th in attack. Dyche has done his job quite well except on the goal.
Of course, it is disaster in attacking but you cannot request too much at this moment. We still have many uncertainties.
No matter Dyche will be here on next season, I hope the club and the team can restart from it.
We have wasted too much time after moshiri being the owner.