2023/24 Sean Dyche

Is it me or have people doubled down against Dyche on the back of winning an important game last weekend and being docked points by PL?
I get that Dyche is not a sexy option, but my god no sexy option would come here and do a decent job. The style of football we want to play isn’t available to players with no pace or guile.

Dyche is remit as the manager is:

Sell our best players for most money we can avoid further punishment
Bring in budget players who might be able do a job but aren’t the players we need.
Keep a team that has been on the decline for a decade and fought 3 three consecutive relagation battles, and currently has 8 points deduction, in the premier league.

if this is his remit than he is achieving. We have improved on our point total fromlast season.

I’m not a fan of the style of play, I would like us challenging the top four. But neither are the option for now.

I can’t think of anyone better for our plight in the “here and now”. We need to stay up by any means possible. No one can give a name they think would either come to us, or would guarantee to do better.
So because there’s no guarantee that another manager could do
Better, let’s just stay with the crap one we’ve got now. Fantastic

Not in a football sense but I'd say financially he has. I don't believe that money motivates Dyche however, just doesn't seem the sort. I still don't see any club above us who would take him as their manager.
We hired Sean Dyche because he can keep clubs in the Premiership on a shoestring.... he did it for a decade with Burnley.

We brought in several managers in the last seven years and never really considered Dyche at all as far as I know.

Ironically, we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now if we had.

Dyche, to me, seems to be a practical man who looks at what he can do with what is available to him.
If he had more resources would he do better and only time will tell us that.
But, I do think he will be given that time, I think anyone who believes he will be leaving soon is fooling themselves.

Not being funny but he was trying to make out his tactical masterclass of “making the game ugly” worked against Burnley…..

We got a huge gift from their keeper, then another for one of their lads last man fouling and they still battered us imo, but I’ll take the points like that for the rest of the season if we have to!

It could be the off field situation affecting him and the players resulting in the horrendous watch we currently are, and I hope we get back to the play we showed just after the first points deduction, where we seemed fitter and hungrier for the ball and the points.

Please use the injustice of the further points deduction to get them going again.

Chelsea are bang average and delicate - go after them, don’t sit on the point and we take all three.

Sorry what’s he done for Onana? lol lol

He was going absolutely nowhere under Lampard. Now he’s starting for Belgium and is being linked to the biggest clubs in the league.

Of course if we believe in the convenient dichotomy that all players who decline are Dyche’s fault and all who improve are down to their own merits then it’s easy to basically rob Dyche of any credit for anything ever at Everton,

He was going absolutely nowhere under Lampard. Now he’s starting for Belgium and is being linked to the biggest clubs in the league.

Of course if we believe in the convenient dichotomy that all players who decline are Dyche’s fault and all who improve are down to their own merits then it’s easy to basically rob Dyche of any credit for anything ever at Everton,

He was starting for Belgium under Lampard though, what are you on about? No he wasn’t getting linked to big clubs but that was because we’d only just signed him lol

You are not seriously telling me he’s improved his game under Dyche are you? Fella looks like he absolutely despises playing this brand of football and I don’t blame him.

So because there’s no guarantee that another manager could do
Better, let’s just stay with the crap one we’ve got now. Fantastic

Well, yeah. Look if we were midtable without points deductions, administration and no money looming over us, then yeah at the end of the season you'd thank Dyche for his time and move on to someone you believe could take us forward.

It is a crap situation, mate. But Dyche despite his many faults, as @twoblue says, has done what we was brought in to do and is on course to do so again, even with an 8 point deduction.

We hired Sean Dyche because he can keep clubs in the Premiership on a shoestring.... he did it for a decade with Burnley.

We brought in several managers in the last seven years and never really considered Dyche at all as far as I know.

Ironically, we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now if we had.

Dyche, to me, seems to be a practical man who looks at what he can do with what is available to him.
If he had more resources would he do better and only time will tell us that.
But, I do think he will be given that time, I think anyone who believes he will be leaving soon is fooling themselves.
Time will tell us nothing, he’s a one trick pony and ain’t never going to change, to actually think he Will is mind blowing.

And not one team with an ounce of ambition over the last 10yrs went for dyche , I think that tells its own story.

And aging were all guessing what will happen. 777 could already have someone lined up for this summer

He was starting for Belgium under Lampard though, what are you on about? No he wasn’t getting linked to big clubs but that was because we’d only just signed him lol

You are not seriously telling me he’s improved his game under Dyche are you? Fella looks like he absolutely despises playing this brand of football and I don’t blame him.

I think Onana has adapted his game under Dyche, so it's an improvement in the sense that he is now a more well-rounded player. I also think in general he's having a bigger influence for us in games. Now whether or not you think that is an improvement that just would have naturally happened with game time and experience is up to you. I think it's a bit of both.