2023/24 Sean Dyche

1000046360.jpg
He's not the Messiah

Love the sound of his own gravelly, nails on a chalkboard voice these days doesn’t he?

I’m certain nobody thought he was the messiah 15 games ago, but crack on Seany, you keep telling yourself that.

I think his underlying kopiteness is coming out more and more these days (thinks he’s much better than he actually is), there’s no affinity for the fans or our thoughts and feelings, it’s just a job to him. He’s morphing into Benitez before my eyes.

For all his faults, Lampard felt something here and was invested and present - this fella looks like he’s carrying out a prostate exam.

Honestly mate it's quite staggering to see considering what we experienced when he was really on it.

He always had a touch of arrogance but was far more humble in the past. He's let his success go to his head, massively.

Honestly mate it's quite staggering to see considering what we experienced when he was really on it.

He always had a touch of arrogance but was far more humble in the past. He's let his success go to his head, massively.
I'd get that, had he actually succeeded in anything. He relegated Burnley, got fired, now he's doing at least 1 of those things with us - where's the success there, career wise?

Did you enjoy it James?

Did it inspire you for our battles ahead?
I didn't watch it Geoff why would I? I just find it dead weird that people know exactly how the press conference will go but then watch it anyway and get dead annoyed that it went exactly like they thought it would I don't really understand what the point in that is. Football managers tend to be a bit thick they don't want to be in these things anyway they get asked loads of boring questions and they give generic answers who cares. If we lose on sunday we should sack him he couldn't really argue if he'd already been sacked in some ways but I could not care less how many times he says back on the grass or mentions how many games he's managed and I have no idea why anybody would.

I'd get that, had he actually succeeded in anything. He relegated Burnley, got fired, now he's doing at least 1 of those things with us - where's the success there, career wise?

2 promotions, 7 seasons of PL footy, European birth, 2 top 10 finishes with Burnley, developing a few players to be England Internationals is a massive success for a club of our size/expenditure in todays game mate.

It's not what you guys may deem as successful but it is for Burnley FC in the 21st Century. For contrast, look at how VK has done in his first season in the PL comparatively (with much more money being chucked at it).

That's why, may I add, laugh at some of the names that Everton fans come up with that they may want to replace Dyche - some that can't even crack a playoff birth in the Champ, let alone win a division.

He has a very high opinion of himself, also he loves having little digs at the fanbase. I've got 0 connection towards him as a manager, truly believe he's made 0 effort to even try and win over the fans, just loves chatting 💩 to boost his ego, he's a bit of a gobshite tbh.

honestly he's the annoying lad who waffles on in the corner of the pub to anyone who'll listen. The lad who thinks he's the heart and soul of the place but everyone just roles their eyes when they walk in and see him and his mates in the corner.

2 promotions, 7 seasons of PL footy, European birth, 2 top 10 finishes with Burnley, developing a few players to be England Internationals is a massive success for a club of our size/expenditure in todays game mate.

It's not what you guys may deem as successful but it is for Burnley FC in the 21st Century. For contrast, look at how VK has done in his first season in the PL comparatively (with much more money being chucked at it).

That's why, may I add, laugh at some of the names that Everton fans come up with that they may want to replace Dyche - some that can't even crack a playoff birth in the Champ, let alone win a division.
His style of football is on the brink of extinction he never evolved because he's an obstinate smug creature of habit , yeah you can't play like kompany with the squad currently at Burnley but on the other extreme you can't play ultra defensive football the entire time and hope you catch teams on set pieces you need a balance and he showed a brief glimpse of him being more fluid with his football which was somewhat successful than reverted back to what he is and knows , it's been calamitous since then

Fair point, but was the ceiling then not the same thing he created and got sacked from? Also England internationals other than Pope probably have a total of 10 appearances between them - Tarks and Keano have 1 or 2 each, etc.?

And got you into Europe in that ridiculous fluke season on negative goal difference and bombed out as quick as possible - great if he'd done it more than once.

We throw around names like that because of two things - one is there's a lot of managers who never have what you've described but have won plenty or done well enough (like David Moyes for example) and the second is that in a rebuild you need someone to be stable enough while still pushing the club forward. Dyche clearly can't and was never going to do that - we're playing for 38 draws a year regardless of who we have, it's how he's been for years. There's a middle ground that neither him nor Kompany found in the Prem - Kompany tries to play football that he doesn't have the players for and is suffering, Dyche's only way to play is negative and for a draw, which also leads to suffering.

Also you counter yourself - now that VK has won the Championship, did he do better in the Prem? Or is it that he didn't want to adapt/change in a different way? Should we prefer to go for him, now that he's tasted victory in a lower level but got smashed in the higher?