2023/24 Sean Dyche

3rd best defence in the league.

Now, imagine if we had some pace/ability in the final third?
That statistic right there shows you that Dyche knows how to organise a team: the absolute pre-requisite for a successful survival bid. Obviously, we could do with better balance between defence and attack - but players, to a large extent, dictate that. What it also tells us is how important it will be to keep Branthwaite and Pickford this summer. Lose one or both and things could go south very quickly...

I'll give Dyche credit for the uptick in form in April. Also navigating the off field ownership distractions and point deductions. That said the season in total should still be evaluated. A lot is in flux but this slight turnaround still isnt enough for me to feel that assured that Dyche's job shouldn't come under scrutiny come the summer. Hes def made an improved case, but still.
This season has been an utter car-crash and we've done well to escape with top-flight status. It hasn't been pretty a lot of the time and I'm stil not sold on Dyche but I would not call for change due to our financial position and the fact that a great deal of the problem with the style of our play and lack of goals has not been purely down to managerial decisions / tactics, but due to the quality of our squad. Very difficult to judge him either way with a team so lacking in creativity and cutting edge

We didn't win a game for 4 months, glad you had fun back then, I know I didn't.

Stop pretending these things didn't happen and aren't alarming. What is the excuse going to be when it happens again next year, as he's clearly so beloved now so we're "building" a team with him?
Maybe there's a lesson here. A lesson about have it all now capitalist consumer culture and entitlement. The Sky era of instant entertainment and thinking success is a given breeds a dangerous mentality amongst many fans.

Maybe we should have given Benitez more time too.

*waits*

Maybe there's a lesson here. A lesson about have it all now capitalist consumer culture and entitlement. The Sky era of instant entertainment and thinking success is a given breeds a dangerous mentality amongst many fans.

Maybe we should have given Benitez more time too.

*waits*
20d78ebeeb5c059eaba70dc979ab8fa9.gif