Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

It depends on your opinion of the squad quality. There’s some people who think it’s a relegation squad, there’s some who think it’s lower mid table, there’s some who think it’s irrelevant.

I’ve said many times I think it’s somewhere 12-16th probably about 13th if I had to be exact just behind Palace.

In 22/23 I think we had the 2nd worst squad in the league so I think Dyche’s ppg to get us to safety was an overachievement on the squad quality

In 23/24 I think we had 14th or 15th best squad, maybe tied in with Bournemouth and Wolves but behind Fulham Brighton and Palace. To finish 12th effectively without the deduction I think was a slight over achievement on the squad quality.

This season as I said I think 13th is about par. It’s been a rough start so we’ll have to make up some ground somewhere else but when people call out a massive underperformance I just don’t see it for a whole season against the quality of the squad unless people think this squad is significantly better in the quality rankings vis-à-vis every other team in the league.

I’d be a bit disappointed if we finished lower than 13th (unless we’re missing key players through injury long term), I’d be surprised if we finished much higher than it though.
Again don’t really disagree with you but to put you on the spot do you currently think , at the minute and this season he’s getting the best out of them ?

I think with all that’s gone on since his arrival season 1 he probably overperformed given the position the club and squad were in . Last year what probably par , over the season with some real lows . This year I think I want to see improvement

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back