2024/25 Sean Dyche

Quick poll: last Everton manager you didn’t want to see leave the club?
Marco Silva, and just to make sure I’m not doing revisionist history on myself I went and found a couple of posts at the time saying as much. It was never that bad under him and we should have persisted longer to let the results turn around some. We had delusions of grandeur honestly and got caught thinking finishing 10th wasn’t going to be good enough.

You can defend his selection with saying it's the safe option, you can defend never giving youth players a go and not start new signings for the same reason. What you cannot defend is having no patterns of play after over a year at the club apart from long balls to a 5foot9 winger. He's a glorified PE teacher and needs binning ASAP

I can maybe understand not playing young players but not the new signings. Plenty of teams have started their new signings already, Brighton did! They’ll never be up to speed if he doesn’t give them game time and he wastes them by leaving them on the bench.

We buy them for a reason and we don’t have the money for him to piss about and not integrate them into the team.

I’m converted, where do I sign up for the dyche-train.

IMG_4679.webp

He has largely the same team you wrote off as relegated.

He then kept that team up despite point deductions.

He's made a profit on transfers in that time. The only team in the Prem to have 3 summer windows now, with net positive spend.

Maybe we're just massively entitled.

Maybe if he was a trendier name, like Lampard, you'd have a different view. Maybe one like this;

Reported for brutality

He's getting millions and millions of pounds for this mate.

He runs very close to Allardyce Benitez category

Surely more so.

There should be some improvement in basic stuff. Last season there were glaring issues from the start. The fact that we have chances and can't score. The fact that we then concede relatively easily, by what is often the first attack for the opposition.

I know we got through to the end of the season with ease in the end but we only had 3 home wins before April, we had no wins from mid December to April. We played some atrocious football. Clearly the master plan has changed it's gone from a hoof up to DCL to a hoof up to Harrison.

His team selections and player favourites seems to be an open book. Experience over anything else. Well guess what Dyche you were out done by a 31 year old newcomer on Saturday.

Marco Silva, and just to make sure I’m not doing revisionist history on myself I went and found a couple of posts at the time saying as much. It was never that bad under him and we should have persisted longer to let the results turn around some. We had delusions of grandeur honestly and got caught thinking finishing 10th wasn’t going to be good enough.
Agreed it was recruitment that let him down. Losing Zouma and Gana

Agreed it was recruitment that let him down. Losing Zouma and Gana
It was also just short term bad luck. We lost a few games we didn’t even play bad in and also the ones we did so everyone panicked. We keep him and we keep playing half decent eventually we win some games and everything is fine.

You can defend his selection with saying it's the safe option, you can defend never giving youth players a go and not start new signings for the same reason. What you cannot defend is having no patterns of play after over a year at the club apart from long balls to a 5foot9 winger. He's a glorified PE teacher and needs binning ASAP
In the context of it being the first game of the season… MAYBE. And that is pushing it. It if keeps happening and he isn’t getting results, then there is absolutely no justification for it. You only get the benefit of a doubt if you get it done. Young, Doucore and Keane did not get it done. If they continue to flop, the manager will continue to get the blame.

It was also just short term bad luck. We lost a few games we didn’t even play bad in and also the ones we did so everyone panicked. We keep him and we keep playing half decent eventually we win some games and everything is fine.

I thought we got rid of Silva too early. Saying that though his Fulham team which he’s had for a good few years now earned less points last season than the biggest disgrace in the history of football managed so I’m not sure we’d have moved a load further under him. A manager let down by recruitment and thrown under the bus by Keane Davies and Siggurdson

I thought we got rid of Silva too early. Saying that though his Fulham team which he’s had for a good few years now earned less points last season than the biggest disgrace in the history of football managed so I’m not sure we’d have moved a load further under him. A manager let down by recruitment and thrown under the bus by Keane Davies and Siggurdson
We wouldn’t have done the additional damage that the Ancelotti era did. I have no doubt he’d have been gone by now in some form but the short termism that happened with his sacking and the hires that followed did a lot of harm.

Spot on! I was saying to a friend, I could see a bigger change in the Brighton style and the managers only been there a few months. There was literally no progress at all made during pre season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back