2024/25 Sean Dyche

Best tactic this manager has ever done is convincing some Everton fans that he is some sort of miracle working messiah as opposed to a very very average manager, I think some fans were so desperate to hold onto something that they've convinced themselves he is something he is not.

I actively look forward to us replacing him, the support he gets from some is so unwarranted and undeserved and he is lucky to have a job, because he's at a basket case of a club.

No one is coming to head hunt dyche, this is the biggest club he will ever be at, and he is a short term manager for a short term fix, and to keep him any longer than we need to, is to lack ambition.

The standards of this club have rubbed off so terribly on our fanbase that some are happy with dross.

He has done a ok job, nothing more, nothing less, and If we want to advance as a club, we let him go when his contract ends.

If he can't get us to that position by the end of the season, then he will lose his job anyway.
Excellent post and I'm not here to argue with it.

Very average manager is what you get after decades of very average management, or mismanagement by the board.

Peanuts, monkeys.

What we've got is a very good manager in that bracket of average managers. 4th best defence last season yet we finished absolutely nowhere because the rest of the team was terrible.

He did a job, he'll do a job next season too. We had Moyes for 11 years just doing a job. One day we'll be up that top bracket again and we can get a top manager and good football. For now it's about getting that job done.

It’s not 30 or 40 years ago, even if the kids do have perms again.

Given the extremely difficult circumstances I don’t think anyone could have done a better job than Dyche.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t bin him off if the club came into money - it’s horses for courses
I disagree the bottom 3 didn’t get 30 points. Any competent manager would have kept that squad up, no problem

Very average manager is what you get after decades of very average management, or mismanagement by the board.

Peanuts, monkeys.

What we've got is a very good manager in that bracket of average managers. 4th best defence last season yet we finished absolutely nowhere because the rest of the team was terrible.

He did a job, he'll do a job next season too. We had Moyes for 11 years just doing a job. One day we'll be up that top bracket again and we can get a top manager and good football. For now it's about getting that job done.
Moyes was a better manager and built on what he had and kept trying to build better.
pistone, to baines, Hibbert to Coleman, Stubbs and weir to jags, Lescott, distain. Carsley, gravasen to arteta/Fellaini. Kilbaine to pienaar/mirralas. And bent/radsinski to Johnson, Yakubu, Saha

Im not convinced dyche does that he finds a formula and won’t build on it imo, the likes of McNeil will be on the left for the duration of his management. Next summer id say we can afford to buy one of lindstrom or Harrison, we all know it will be Harrison

Moyes was a better manager and built on what he had and kept trying to build better.
pistone, to baines, Hibbert to Coleman, Stubbs and weir to jags, Lescott, distain. Carsley, gravasen to arteta/Fellaini. Kilbaine to pienaar/mirralas. And bent/radsinski to Johnson, Yakubu, Saha

Im not convinced dyche does that he finds a formula and won’t build on it imo, the likes of McNeil will be on the left for the duration of his management. Next summer id say we can afford to buy one of lindstrom or Harrison, we all know it will be Harrison
That's a fair point. Moyes did build and make the team better year on year. With some shockers that didn't work out but that's not all his fault.

Who knows with Dyche. The financials don't help. Maybe he'll add a few players here and there. Trouble is, some players will leave because of him as well.

Peanuts, monkeys.

Sadly Everton nowadays is bottom half prem level, so is Dyche on what he has shown in the majority of his time in the league.

Dyche is the manager of a club with a rich history and a club that has the potential to qualify for Europe or at least finish top half consistently, when the work is done right, but currently is on the level of smaller clubs that do it better like Palace after years of mismanagement that visibly led to this underperformance.

The consequences can be seen and hopefully can be fixed sooner or later, but this can mean ugly years to come on and off the pitch...

God i hope not

Best tactic this manager has ever done is convincing some Everton fans that he is some sort of miracle working messiah as opposed to a very very average manager, I think some fans were so desperate to hold onto something that they've convinced themselves he is something he is not.

I actively look forward to us replacing him, the support he gets from some is so unwarranted and undeserved and he is lucky to have a job, because he's at a basket case of a club.

No one is coming to head hunt dyche, this is the biggest club he will ever be at, and he is a short term manager for a short term fix, and to keep him any longer than we need to, is to lack ambition.

The standards of this club have rubbed off so terribly on our fanbase that some are happy with dross.

He has done a ok job, nothing more, nothing less, and If we want to advance as a club, we let him go when his contract ends.

If he can't get us to that position by the end of the season, then he will lose his job anyway.
I just don’t think this is true at all I don’t think even you think it’s true it’s just hyperbole to try and make a point. Nobody thinks dyche is an amazing manager or the messiah so your whole post is a waste of time but it’s a dog whistle to the usual suspects so it’s good for like farming.

Be arsed with talking about ambition whilst we are still a mess off the field and nobody knows what’s going to happen. Keep us up again, whether we play crap or not. Just stay up.

Hopefully have an actual functioning club again in a year or two and we can all actually get behind talk of ambition and progression

It’s horses for courses right now as somebody said above. Or hoarse and coarse in Dyches case

Anyone who beats them for the first time at goodison in 14 years and keeps us up after 2 pts deductions and 2 successive relegation battles, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would have done more than that.
Only one club last year wouldn’t have survived our deduction.

Only one club last year wouldn’t have survived a 13 point deduction.

So it really wasn’t that much of an achievement.

No, he waited 4 games until Coady made 1 mistake and replaced him with his pal Keane who seemed to be costing us a goal all game and made excuse after excuse for him whilst the pressure grew
4 games??? Coady started 22 of the first 23 games after arriving on loan before he was dropped. Compared to Keane starting 10 games that whole season. His first start not coming until March

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back