2024/25 Sean Dyche

Best tactic this manager has ever done is convincing some Everton fans that he is some sort of miracle working messiah as opposed to a very very average manager, I think some fans were so desperate to hold onto something that they've convinced themselves he is something he is not.

I actively look forward to us replacing him, the support he gets from some is so unwarranted and undeserved and he is lucky to have a job, because he's at a basket case of a club.

No one is coming to head hunt dyche, this is the biggest club he will ever be at, and he is a short term manager for a short term fix, and to keep him any longer than we need to, is to lack ambition.

The standards of this club have rubbed off so terribly on our fanbase that some are happy with dross.

He has done a ok job, nothing more, nothing less, and If we want to advance as a club, we let him go when his contract ends.

If he can't get us to that position by the end of the season, then he will lose his job anyway.

Why? He has a year left, no one is poaching him on his already enormous wage, revisit it in January. Have we learned nothing.
It's exactly what I hoped would not happen a hasty decision in both directions sacking or contract extension.

Deserves to go into the season, after the board decided against a sacking in March, but hasn't done enough for me yet to deserve to be the first manager to be in BMD.

It's exactly what I hoped would not happen a hasty decision in both directions sacking or contract extension.

Deserves to go into the season, after the board decided against a sacking in March, but hasn't done enough for me yet to deserve to be the first manager to be in BMD.
Anyone who beats them for the first time at goodison in 14 years and keeps us up after 2 pts deductions and 2 successive relegation battles, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would have done more than that.

Best tactic this manager has ever done is convincing some Everton fans that he is some sort of miracle working messiah as opposed to a very very average manager, I think some fans were so desperate to hold onto something that they've convinced themselves he is something he is not.

I actively look forward to us replacing him, the support he gets from some is so unwarranted and undeserved and he is lucky to have a job, because he's at a basket case of a club.

No one is coming to head hunt dyche, this is the biggest club he will ever be at, and he is a short term manager for a short term fix, and to keep him any longer than we need to, is to lack ambition.

The standards of this club have rubbed off so terribly on our fanbase that some are happy with dross.

He has done a ok job, nothing more, nothing less, and If we want to advance as a club, we let him go when his contract ends.

If he can't get us to that position by the end of the season, then he will lose his job anyway.
Brilliant post, though no doubt you will get some stick for it . But like you say the ambition of some fans is in the floor. We can go 14 games without a win, but that’s fine because we had a tough run, hell some fans will on here will write out all 14 games for us

Imagine thinking that was acceptable 30/40yrs ago. Dyche still thinks he’s at Burnley, 10yrs on survival mode is buried in his mentality. We don’t win for 5 games and he comes out with [Poor language removed] like, it’s all about a seasons work, all 5 were good outfits. Small club mentality. Everton FC = Amateur hour

Anyone who beats them for the first time at goodison in 14 years and keeps us up after 2 pts deductions and 2 successive relegation battles, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would have done more than that.
I see that and acknowledge it. Reds was a highlight surely. His job was by far not easy.

For me, there are 30-35 points to consider with a manager.

Call it an occupational disease, but in all decisions for me the financial part plays a big role atm, and so I was last season with his possible sacking and now a contract extension. It's not because of Dyche wouldn't act differently at Ancelotti or Kendall.

Brilliant post, though no doubt you will get some stick for it . But like you say the ambition of some fans is in the floor. We can go 14 games without a win, but that’s fine because we had a tough run, hell some fans will on here will write out all 14 games for us

Imagine thinking that was acceptable 30/40yrs ago. Dyche still thinks he’s at Burnley, 10yrs on survival mode is buried in his mentality. We don’t win for 5 games and he comes out with [Poor language removed] like, it’s all about a seasons work, all 5 were good outfits. Small club mentality. Everton FC = Amateur hour
It’s not 30 or 40 years ago, even if the kids do have perms again.

Given the extremely difficult circumstances I don’t think anyone could have done a better job than Dyche.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t bin him off if the club came into money - it’s horses for courses

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back