2024/25 Sean Dyche

But that helps your argument to keep comparing him to Lampard, who’s considered one of our worst ever managers

It like buying a new left winger next year who’s slightly better than McNeil, but not Richarlison. And then to keep saying well he’s better than the last one
Boring me now. The only manager I’ve particularly enjoyed in the last ten years was Carlo but even he had to play Keane and Holgate and had to try and get the best out of them. I’m happy that Dyche has come in and realised certain players aren’t good enough, he’s either got rid or benched them. I’m more than happy watching a Dyche team than many managers I’ve had to endure. Mike Walker, Silva, Rafael, Lampard, Martinez towards the end, I like Dyches stability and his whole ‘I’m a custodian of the club’, a lot of other managers would of gone, sod it I won’t be here in a year or two anyway. That’s what I like about him. I think we will be ok this year and hopefully a lot of people eat their words about Dyche. Favourite it.

For the fans yes but the players and manager? I don’t think so, they talk a good game to the media but I doubt a fair few care as they’re getting paid either way.

At this level a team and manager that don't care capitulate and take a lot of heavy losses IMO. Do you really think we gain that points total with such a poor team without at least the manager and a core of players motivated and giving a damn what happens?

I'm sorry but that sounds a stretch to me, just to dismiss a fair point in defense of people only looking at the stats and taking away the season long context

For the fans yes but the players and manager? I don’t think so, they talk a good game to the media but I doubt a fair few care as they’re getting paid either way.
Most people like winning games and doing well. Very few won’t be upset by relegation.
Most successful people in life like the feeling of doing well

Boring me now. The only manager I’ve particularly enjoyed in the last ten years was Carlo but even he had to play Keane and Holgate and had to try and get the best out of them. I’m happy that Dyche has come in and realised certain players aren’t good enough, he’s either got rid or benched them. I’m more than happy watching a Dyche team than many managers I’ve had to endure. Mike Walker, Silva, Rafael, Lampard, Martinez towards the end, I like Dyches stability and his whole ‘I’m a custodian of the club’, a lot of other managers would of gone, sod it I won’t be here in a year or two anyway. That’s what I like about him. I think we will be ok this year and hopefully a lot of people eat their words about Dyche. Favourite it.

Carlo played hoofball too and got called a dinosaur.

Don't listen to stupid.

Carlo played hoofball too and got called a dinosaur.

Don't listen to stupid.
Carlo also played a variety of other styles with moderate success with some of the same players that apparently can't pass a ball under Dyche.

In that sense, Carlo is an actually pragmatic manager who works with what he has and gets the best out of the players he has (even Keane and Holgate); Dyche plays the 1 way he knows how and fits the players around that playstyle, which occasionally works for some but detriments most and the team. But 'gaffers day' and saying it "how it is" though, that's what it's all about I guess.

He did very well last season under difficult circumstances.

To offer him a new contract now though is a bit daft. Can look at this later in the season, what’s the rush? Not like he’s going to resign.

Plus it’s pretty depressing as we know exactly what type of football there is to look forward to for the foreseeable.

New contract should be assessed where the club is at Christmas and going into January. If we are looking comfortable I wouldn't be opposed to it but if it's looking dodgy then it might be of interest to look at potential other options.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.