2024/25 Sean Dyche

I'm a big fan of Dyche, but agree with others here that I wouldn't be offering a contract just yet. It's nothing against the fella, but we haven't really had the chance to see what a normal season under him will be like.

Boring me now. The only manager I’ve particularly enjoyed in the last ten years was Carlo but even he had to play Keane and Holgate and had to try and get the best out of them. I’m happy that Dyche has come in and realised certain players aren’t good enough, he’s either got rid or benched them. I’m more than happy watching a Dyche team than many managers I’ve had to endure. Mike Walker, Silva, Rafael, Lampard, Martinez towards the end, I like Dyches stability and his whole ‘I’m a custodian of the club’, a lot of other managers would of gone, sod it I won’t be here in a year or two anyway. That’s what I like about him. I think we will be ok this year and hopefully a lot of people eat their words about Dyche. Favourite it.
Ha ha. As if he goes sod it I’m off on his 5 mil a season 🤣🤣 comedy gold you

And dyche ain’t getting a bigger or well paid job. He can’t believe his luck he’s Everton’s manager. 10yrs atbBurnley and no clubs interested in poaching him says it all. I thought silva was good at Everton and was unlucky to lose his job, his Fulham team play much better football than us. We play the worst football in the whole league, it’s horrendous at times , if you’re happy to watch that while finishing in the bottom half of the table, well done but long term I’m not.

Because we won our last 5 games at goodison, last year and it’s like the previous 20 games have been eroded from peoples memory. And even some the games we won, against some of the League’s poorest sides. Burnley, forest and Brentford, the performance were terrible and we were very fortunate to win all 3

For the fans yes but the players and manager? I don’t think so, they talk a good game to the media but I doubt a fair few care as they’re getting paid either way.
You don’t get to be a Premier League footballer without a huge amount of dedication, determination and a huge desire to win. At times of course things happen that effect mentality but every professional sports person I’ve spoken to hated losing at anything.

Carlo also played a variety of other styles with moderate success with some of the same players that apparently can't pass a ball under Dyche.

In that sense, Carlo is an actually pragmatic manager who works with what he has and gets the best out of the players he has (even Keane and Holgate); Dyche plays the 1 way he knows how and fits the players around that playstyle, which occasionally works for some but detriments most and the team. But 'gaffers day' and saying it "how it is" though, that's what it's all about I guess.
This gaffer day is so league 1 and just smacks of dinasour. Wonder how artetas’s and pep’s gaffer day went, because I’ve not read much about it

This gaffer day is so league 1 and just smacks of dinasour. Wonder how artetas’s and pep’s gaffer day went, because I’ve not read much about it
Yeah and i wonder how good old Pep and Arteta would get on with this squad and this set of circumstances? What a silly statement
that is.

Carlo also played a variety of other styles with moderate success with some of the same players that apparently can't pass a ball under Dyche.

In that sense, Carlo is an actually pragmatic manager who works with what he has and gets the best out of the players he has (even Keane and Holgate); Dyche plays the 1 way he knows how and fits the players around that playstyle, which occasionally works for some but detriments most and the team. But 'gaffers day' and saying it "how it is" though, that's what it's all about I guess.

Not comparing the two. I'm just stating a couple similarities between the two managers who had pretty much the same squad of players (Dyche less so) who saw how to to get the best out of what they have, which was to defend and be direct.

As for Dyche...he's already threw a stunner on people with the "non Dyche" players he's brought in (technical based). So let's see how it pans out.

No doubt through the season we'll get the "We should get Hurzeler in" shouts etc 6 games into a season, comparing gaffers who've spent £100mill to play a "brand" only to finish 13th at the end of it

Yes we definitely payed hoofball, when we were second at Christmas. And remember the 2-0 at anfield both goals from set pieces I believe 🤣

Carlo did play hoofball tbh. Everyone on here including his biggest fans said it too, the narrative was “he knows that these players can’t play football so what else do you expect him to do with them?”

Its over-played by the media....and fans that WANT to throw labels around.

Do you realy tink all other clubs dont have fitntess tests days etc ?

Lets get a pick-pocket in the meetings.......or play lets clap hands when man bounces ball !!!! 🤣

Yes we definitely payed hoofball, when we were second at Christmas. And remember the 2-0 at anfield both goals from set pieces I believe 🤣

Direct from the horses mouth who said Pickford had good distribution, Dom is a great striker. Defenders poor on the ball. Hit it long to him and get the knock downs.

But there were generally a miserable vocal lot who labelled the Don a dinosaur who was here on a payday, that didn't coach a team. Rather than appreciating what he's doing with what he had at the time, they moaned and wanted more. Carlo then buggered off and won 2 champions leagues

Its over-played by the media....and fans that WANT to throw labels around.

Do you realy tink all other clubs dont have fitntess tests days etc ?

Lets get a pick-pocket in the meetings.......or play lets clap hands when man bounces ball !!!! 🤣

But the pick pocket thing is what forward thinking progressive managers do.

To the billion pound squad he's put together

Carlo did play hoofball tbh. Everyone on here including his biggest fans said it too, the narrative was “he knows that these players can’t play football so what else do you expect him to do with them?”
I disagree with that, yes the second half of his only full season, when injuries had hit and he was playing quite defensive, but the first half of the season we played some decent football and scored some good goals, DCL got 16 goals and quite a few from close range tap ins, you don’t score goals like that playing hoofball. I mentioned the 2-0 at Anfield, both decent goals, 2nd was pen but it was good play and passing from DCL and richarlison

Yeah and i wonder how good old Pep and Arteta would get on with this squad and this set of circumstances? What a silly statement
that is.
Yes I bet villa are gutted they got Emery. Because what was he going to do with that villa squad. That Gerrard had in the relegation zone
What a stupid statement that is. Them people at Villa running the football operation haven’t a clue

I disagree with that, yes the second half of his only full season, when injuries had hit and he was playing quite defensive, but the first half of the season we played some decent football and scored some good goals, DCL got 16 goals and quite a few from close range tap ins, you don’t score goals like that playing hoofball. I mentioned the 2-0 at Anfield, both decent goals, 2nd was pen but it was good play and passing from DCL and richarlison

You’re now choosing to remember that season based on selected highlights and specific goals. But I remember as clear as day, at the time most people accepted the way we played was because our players were crap and incapable of playing football. It was even widely dubbed “catenaccio” on here. We relied a lot on set pieces, which is why Sigurdsson played every game.

We didn’t play good football under Carlo, we don’t have to pretend otherwise. In fact his teams in general don’t play exciting football, very much like Mourinho, it’s just about finding a way to win.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back