2024/25 Sean Dyche

Not comparing the two. I'm just stating a couple similarities between the two managers who had pretty much the same squad of players (Dyche less so) who saw how to to get the best out of what they have, which was to defend and be direct.

As for Dyche...he's already threw a stunner on people with the "non Dyche" players he's brought in (technical based). So let's see how it pans out.

No doubt through the season we'll get the "We should get Hurzeler in" shouts etc 6 games into a season, comparing gaffers who've spent £100mill to play a "brand" only to finish 13th at the end of it
Isn't this exactly Dyche as well? His brand is just horrid to watch and is tailored to fighting relegation.

He's brought in players, except it's more or less confirmed those are Thelwell buys and I fully expect most of them to play the usual 1 min a month until we have no other option but to play them. Just like I'd expect Doucoure starting behind DCL tomorrow, despite both the new lads being better #10s who can create something.

I've said it in last year's thread and I'll say it here - I'm okay with Dyche if he improves, but it's Sean Dyche and we'll have the exact same problems with new players, regardless who they are, as he doesn't set up to play to technical players' strengths - we're gonna go long and play 4-4-2 all season, maybe switching it to hoofball 3-5-2 so we can play basically everyone out of position again. Same as how Onana with us "can't pass a ball", yet Onana at Villa and with Belgium is a great pivot who recycles the ball well and gets a few assists. Funny how that is.

Been told that I'm wrong and now that we have no points deductions looming we'll play better and more expansive, let's see how we do I guess. No point sacking him now/early on, might as well let him see out the season as he'll finish in a very ugly but comfortable 11-15th, but if it's more of the same - it's suicide to go into the new stadium with him.

Yes I bet villa are gutted they got Emery. Because what was he going to do with that villa squad. That Gerrard had in the relegation zone
What a stupid statement that is. Them people at Villa running the football operation haven’t a clue
Maybe Dyche thinks getting bang average squads as fit as possible gives them more chance of competing with your mates Pep and Arteta and now Emery. You put any of them in here with this squad and hardly anything to spend and what? Wed be competing for European places? Hahahaha. That Villa squad he took over wasnt too bad. Gerrards just a tit and a crap manager.

You’re now choosing to remember that season based on selected highlights and specific goals. But I remember as clear as day, at the time most people accepted the way we played was because our players were crap and incapable of playing football. It was even widely dubbed “catenaccio” on here. We relied a lot on set pieces, which is why Sigurdsson played every game.

We didn’t play good football under Carlo, we don’t have to pretend otherwise. In fact his teams in general don’t play exciting football, very much like Mourinho, it’s just about finding a way to win.
It's also disingenuous to say this was every match though - we seemed to play to players strengths and for the opposition's weaknesses. Now the plan is "go long, press hard, run", which would be great in the lower leagues no doubt, but falls flat as far as plans and preparation go for the PL. Hilariously teams do it against us - Keane, Godfrey, Young, Coleman see the most action against them when they're on the pitch for a reason - but we don't seem to.

I know we had an overall better squad but if nothing else Carlo's direct football is exactly what Dyche's isn't - moving the ball quickly and in an organised manner is vastly different to the hoofball we now do. It's unreasonable, apparently, to want Dyche to improve on this so we have a better plan (or a plan B at least) also, which is bizarre.

Maybe Dyche thinks getting bang average squads as fit as possible gives them more chance of competing with your mates Pep and Arteta and now Emery. You put any of them in here with this squad and hardly anything to spend and what? Wed be competing for European places? Hahahaha. That Villa squad he took over wasnt too bad. Gerrards just a tit and a crap manager.
With a competent manager with this squad and we are nowhere near a relegation fight, with Dyche we will be in or around it all season.
Check his CV out it gives you all the evidence you need.

I just don’t think this is true at all I don’t think even you think it’s true it’s just hyperbole to try and make a point. Nobody thinks dyche is an amazing manager or the messiah so your whole post is a waste of time but it’s a dog whistle to the usual suspects so it’s good for like farming.
Where do i start with this one, quite bemused to be honest, there i do think it's true, otherwise i wouldn't have bothered saying it, and if you think there aren't a lot of evertonians with that exact opinion, that he is some sort of miracle worker, when he isn't, then i'm afraid you haven't been paying attention.

As for a 'dog whistle to the usual suspects' find that quite laughable, I visit the forum occasionally, i'm not on here every day, so i don't even know which usual suspects i'm meant to be dog whistling to, as for like farming... really?

It seems quite sad you think that is the only reason someone would post something like what i did, because that's just nonsense i'm afraid.

By the way, these attachments took me less than 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Capture1.webp
    Capture1.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture2.webp
    Capture2.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture3.webp
    Capture3.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture4.webp
    Capture4.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture5.webp
    Capture5.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2

Its over-played by the media....and fans that WANT to throw labels around.

Do you realy tink all other clubs dont have fitntess tests days etc ?

Lets get a pick-pocket in the meetings.......or play lets clap hands when man bounces ball !!!! 🤣
I suppose it’s just me and I think it’s so small minded to constantly go on about it, Joe Thomas at the echo can’t stop going on about it. Because this year apparently we’ve had 2 gaffers days.

We’re so tin pot now and even our own journalists lap it up as do the fans. Maybe as a 53 yr old who’s seen the good times, I just find embarrassing. I just the hope this new ground and owners with ambition can get us back to where I think we should be.
Anyway off to enjoy the sunshine and hopefully a good weekend for the blues
UTFT 💙

With a competent manager with this squad and we are nowhere near a relegation fight, with Dyche we will be in or around it all season.
Check his CV out it gives you all the evidence you need.
We were nowhere near it last year without points deductions. Dyche is a proven competent Premier league manager. We wont be relegated this year.

Boring me now. The only manager I’ve particularly enjoyed in the last ten years was Carlo but even he had to play Keane and Holgate and had to try and get the best out of them. I’m happy that Dyche has come in and realised certain players aren’t good enough, he’s either got rid or benched them. I’m more than happy watching a Dyche team than many managers I’ve had to endure. Mike Walker, Silva, Rafael, Lampard, Martinez towards the end, I like Dyches stability and his whole ‘I’m a custodian of the club’, a lot of other managers would of gone, sod it I won’t be here in a year or two anyway. That’s what I like about him. I think we will be ok this year and hopefully a lot of people eat their words about Dyche. Favourite it.
Ancelotti basically says he played long ball in an interview about Everton as well. He said 'I knew the defenders couldn't play possession based, so what we did was use Pickford for long balls up to Calvert Lewin'

Villa’s was a better squad , but he took it from the bottom 6 to top 6 in 2/3rd of a season
So you think Emery wouldn’t do a better. Job at Everton than dyche

It's also disingenuous to say this was every match though - we seemed to play to players strengths and for the opposition's weaknesses. Now the plan is "go long, press hard, run", which would be great in the lower leagues no doubt, but falls flat as far as plans and preparation go for the PL. Hilariously teams do it against us - Keane, Godfrey, Young, Coleman see the most action against them when they're on the pitch for a reason - but we don't seem to.

I know we had an overall better squad but if nothing else Carlo's direct football is exactly what Dyche's isn't - moving the ball quickly and in an organised manner is vastly different to the hoofball we now do. It's unreasonable, apparently, to want Dyche to improve on this so we have a better plan (or a plan B at least) also, which is bizarre.

It basically was every game though mate. I remember us absolutely stinking the place out in a 1-0 win at home to Southampton towards the back end of the season. It seemed to work 70% of the time in terms of getting us the result, particularly against top teams “away”, but there were definitely times when it didn’t work. And we definitely didn’t switch to a free flowing style when we played the bottom sides.

We were nowhere near it last year without points deductions. Dyche is a proven competent Premier league manager. We wont be relegated this year.
Mate, we were in it all season, if your bottom half your in the relegation scrap.
I dont think we will be relegated this season but we wont be far away from it, that doesn't mean that Dyche is good manager

Dyche is a proven PL manager who flirts with relegation year after year. FACT

When Carlo had a fully fit James Rodriguez we played good football. When he didn’t the drop off in quality was massive and the readjustments in the team to play with Siggurdson or Bernard instead meant gaps started to appear most notably at left back which was why he then moved to the 4 CBs formation and direct football.

The flowing football lasted about 7 games before Van Dijk crocked James. When we could get James on the pitch we saw his moments against United and Liverpool away but he was just not available often enough. A full season of a fully fit James and we probably finish in and around the top 4.

As it was, James Allan Richarlison very quickly became Siggurdson Davies Iwobi all too often that season.

Ha ha. As if he goes sod it I’m off on his 5 mil a season 🤣🤣 comedy gold you

And dyche ain’t getting a bigger or well paid job. He can’t believe his luck he’s Everton’s manager. 10yrs atbBurnley and no clubs interested in poaching him says it all. I thought silva was good at Everton and was unlucky to lose his job, his Fulham team play much better football than us. We play the worst football in the whole league, it’s horrendous at times , if you’re happy to watch that while finishing in the bottom half of the table, well done but long term I’m not.

Because we won our last 5 games at goodison, last year and it’s like the previous 20 games have been eroded from peoples memory. And even some the games we won, against some of the League’s poorest sides. Burnley, forest and Brentford, the performance were terrible and we were very fortunate to win all 3
Most managers. Koeman gave up towards the end, wanted the sack. What I’m saying is Dyche has took the responsibility to try and look after the club aswell. He’s not here for a sack and a payoff, like Koeman, like Lampard.

We have played really well and lost so what’s your point? We did fine against Forest and deserved the win, Brentford too.

Burnley he got into Europe at one point.

Mate, we were in it all season, if your bottom half your in the relegation scrap.
I dont think we will be relegated this season but we wont be far away from it, that doesn't mean that Dyche is good manager

Dyche is a proven PL manager who flirts with relegation year after year. FACT
Dont talk stupid mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back