2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche will need to adapt if he is to continue in the job going in to the new Stadium because he has a blind spot with certain players like Ashley Young. I'd say he even has it with Calvert Lewin.

He needs to have more courage with his decision making in terms of not just having a default option of players like Young, Doucoure or Keane.

He tried it last season with Keane ahead of Branthwaite if I remember correctly but he learned that Keane could not be relied upon and Branthwaite proved himself quickly.

I think that’s the joke, he is one of the dinosaurs roaming freely around Jurassic (Goodison) Park.

superman-joke.gif

No point getting stressed mate, he will do what he's done the last two seasons, have us fighting and achieving an outcome on limited resources.

All you have to do is wait and be patient.

10th - 14th is my expectation.

This thread will just react, week to week.
Always was, always will be.
Lampard dodged the bullet once
Dyche twice.
And he may be up for a 3rd go this season

But it would be 'Everton That' to the  Nth degree for it all to turn to custard this season of all seasons

Dyche will need to adapt if he is to continue in the job going in to the new Stadium because he has a blind spot with certain players like Ashley Young. I'd say he even has it with Calvert Lewin.

He needs to have more courage with his decision making in terms of not just having a default option of players like Young, Doucoure or Keane.

He tried it last season with Keane ahead of Branthwaite if I remember correctly but he learned that Keane could not be relied upon and Branthwaite proved himself quickly.
This is the problem, he wont because he cant!

We are Burnley 2.0

People have a valid point about who would you replace Dyche with. It's his bizarre loyalty to certain players, that has continually cost us points. Keane and Young cost us at Anfield last season. His bizarre dislike of certain players like Simms, Chermiti and certain others. His in game management is appalling, putting Maupay on against Palace, instead of Simms. Playing McNeil on left doesn't work, he's much better cutting inside, yet gingesauros plays him of left, which means he constantly goes backwards.

People have a valid point about who would you replace Dyche with. It's his bizarre loyalty to certain players, that has continually cost us points. Keane and Young cost us at Anfield last season. His bizarre dislike of certain players like Simms, Chermiti and certain others. His in game management is appalling, putting Maupay on against Palace, instead of Simms. Playing McNeil on left doesn't work, he's much better cutting inside, yet gingesauros plays him of left, which means he constantly goes backwards.

You have made valid points which highlights his poor judgement.

Richard Keys has raised his concerns on Dycke as our manager.

Richard Keys has admitted that he is not sure how Everton can get better following their horror opening-day defeat at home to Brighton.
Everton were played off the park in their 3-0 defeat to Brighton at Goodison Park in the opening weekend of their Premier League season.
The Toffees looked out of sorts and completely shell-shocked as Brighton dominated the home side and walked away with three points from Merseyside.
Keys conceded that they could not have started the season any worse but is not certain how they are going to get better given their problems on and off the pitch. He stressed that Everton lack goals and energy in the team and Ashley Young should not be starting games for them in the Premier League given he is 39.

The veteran broadcaster is more worried for Everton as they could still face more points sanctions from the Premier League for breaking PSR like the previous season.

Keys wrote on his personal blog: “What a start it was for Everton.
“It really couldn’t have been much worse. What worries me is not how bad it was – more that I can’t see how it gets better.”

He wrote later in the blog: “But Everton? Wow. They looked so bad.
“They’ve got all the same problems as last season. Where are the goals going to come from? Where’s the energy? There’s no youth. No legs.
“Young’s sending off was an accident waiting to happen. He’s a terrific pro who’s had a wonderful career – but playing at full-back at 39?
“I’m genuinely worried for the Toffees. There’s so much sh*t still to come down the line off the field I don’t know where they turn for answers on it.”

Everton have another tough fixture next weekend when they will visit north London to take on Tottenham.

Richard Keys has raised his concerns on Dycke as our manager.

Richard Keys has admitted that he is not sure how Everton can get better following their horror opening-day defeat at home to Brighton.
Everton were played off the park in their 3-0 defeat to Brighton at Goodison Park in the opening weekend of their Premier League season.
The Toffees looked out of sorts and completely shell-shocked as Brighton dominated the home side and walked away with three points from Merseyside.
Keys conceded that they could not have started the season any worse but is not certain how they are going to get better given their problems on and off the pitch. He stressed that Everton lack goals and energy in the team and Ashley Young should not be starting games for them in the Premier League given he is 39.

The veteran broadcaster is more worried for Everton as they could still face more points sanctions from the Premier League for breaking PSR like the previous season.

Keys wrote on his personal blog: “What a start it was for Everton.
“It really couldn’t have been much worse. What worries me is not how bad it was – more that I can’t see how it gets better.”

He wrote later in the blog: “But Everton? Wow. They looked so bad.
“They’ve got all the same problems as last season. Where are the goals going to come from? Where’s the energy? There’s no youth. No legs.
“Young’s sending off was an accident waiting to happen. He’s a terrific pro who’s had a wonderful career – but playing at full-back at 39?
“I’m genuinely worried for the Toffees. There’s so much sh*t still to come down the line off the field I don’t know where they turn for answers on it.”

Everton have another tough fixture next weekend when they will visit north London to take on Tottenham.

What qualifies Richard Keys to be talking about football through the media with any authority, a BTEC in holding a Mic and going for a pint with Andy Gray.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back