2024/25 Sean Dyche

I will be honest , I can't stand Dyche . It's an indication of how much this once great club has fallen that we have him in charge.

However with our financial situation and lack of leadership off the the field he's probably as good as we are going to get if your aim is simply to stay in the division.

But I tell you what I'm pretty sure that the first thing new owner , whenever they take charge , will do is get rid of him as soon as safety is guaranteed.

Quite simply this club will never progress under Dyche.

Until he goes forget about trying to sign young inexperienced players because they just won't get a look in.

And before someone says he played Branthwaite, yes he did - after a full season in the Eredivisie and because he was the only centre half available.

Any sensible manager would give Dixon a go at RB but oh no Sean's just got to play Ashley not so Young and it was so predictable what would happen.

On the conspiracy theory front about Dyche setting up young players to fail , who in their right mind would have played Simms as a lone striker at Anfield?

We had Keane and Godfrey too mate.

We could have sold Branthwaite, we could have signed Coady etc. We didn't, because Dyche knew he'd have Branthwaite and Tarkowski.

Can't blame Dyche over Branthwaite for when he become an eligible player at Everton either. He was at PSV. He got in to Everton's team, after 2 league games under Dyche - and while still needing groin surgery.

I will be honest , I can't stand Dyche . It's an indication of how much this once great club has fallen that we have him in charge.

However with our financial situation and lack of leadership off the the field he's probably as good as we are going to get if your aim is simply to stay in the division.

But I tell you what I'm pretty sure that the first thing new owner , whenever they take charge , will do is get rid of him as soon as safety is guaranteed.

Quite simply this club will never progress under Dyche.

Until he goes forget about trying to sign young inexperienced players because they just won't get a look in.

And before someone says he played Branthwaite, yes he did - after a full season in the Eredivisie and because he was the only centre half available.

Any sensible manager would give Dixon a go at RB but oh no Sean's just got to play Ashley not so Young and it was so predictable what would happen.

On the conspiracy theory front about Dyche setting up young players to fail , who in their right mind would have played Simms as a lone striker at Anfield?

Garner, Tim, Dobbin, Branthwaite. We're pretty much the same as most league clubs in playing younger less "experienced" players.

No sensible manager would play Dixon unless he was firmly part of pre-season. And it wouldn't have changed Saturday at 2.0 down.

We've an injury crisis at full back and he decided to play a fit one who played 27 times for us last season.

It's not ideal.

That's the club admitting they've had Branthwaite playing, who had a groin issue which required surgery.

That groin issue caused him to miss a few weeks of pre-season, so obviously they've tried to manage him.

Footballers manage injuries all the time. Those 2+ weeks has allowed them to manage his groin in that time.

In my view, they should have just let him have his surgery but as always, we're firefighting and we needed bodies.

"He must have been fit he was on the bench!", well no. Go a listen to what the likes of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have said about how injured they've been when they've played for us - painkilling injections etc. It's a calculated risk. You shouldn't be doing that with a lad making his first start on the opening of a season.
I mean that’s some 4d chess

Erm, yeah it is. How many games did he start and how many minutes did he get? Nobody said that he hasn’t started him in one single game ever in his life.

Well on the one hand you’re arguing that Dyche does whatever he can to shoehorn Keane into the team, and on the other saying that he won’t pick Patterson

23/24 stats

Patterson: 26 games all comps (20 PL) (12 90 minutes) - this was also a period he suffered with injuries

Keane: 12 games all comps (9 PL) (6 90 mins) - this was a period he was fully fit

In fact no senior Everton defender was utilised less than Michael Keane was last season. Even Godfrey and Coleman played more than him.

Well on the one hand you’re arguing that Dyche does whatever he can to shoehorn Keane into the team, and on the other saying that he won’t pick Patterson

23/24 stats

Patterson: 26 games all comps (20 PL) (12 90 minutes) - this was also a period he suffered with injuries

Keane: 12 games all comps (9 PL) (6 90 mins) - this was a period he was fully fit

In fact no senior Everton defender was utilised less than Michael Keane was last season. Even Godfrey and Coleman played more than him.

Branthwaite and Keane’s own disastrous form every time he set foot on the pitch sort of made it impossible for Dyche to justify picking him.

That's the club admitting they've had Branthwaite playing, who had a groin issue which required surgery.

That groin issue caused him to miss a few weeks of pre-season, so obviously they've tried to manage him.

Footballers manage injuries all the time. Those 2+ weeks has allowed them to manage his groin in that time.

In my view, they should have just let him have his surgery but as always, we're firefighting and we needed bodies.

"He must have been fit he was on the bench!", well no. Go an listen to what the likes of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have said about how injured they've been when they've played for us - painkilling injections etc. It's a calculated risk. You shouldn't be doing that with a lad making his first start on the opening of a season.
Think its to his credit Dyche puts player welfare first. No doubt other managers threw players in who clearly were not fit. Think it was a good time to put Braithwaite on the table with transfer talk. And maybe he is type of player that just wants to play and not very good at admitting he is not fit or has niggle.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back