2024/25 Sean Dyche

So you compare to Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford.

I compare our situation as closer to Leeds and Sunderland.

Yet my opinion is "utter nonsense".

You say "But there’s no long term plan apart from survival" - that's the reality of where we've been and that's the right plan.

We can evolve from that once we're at Bramley Moore, and with the ownership issue resolved.

Relegation, particularly the two/three previous seasons would have decimated the club.

We'd have gone down, had to sell off literally everyone with a taker, and almost certainly gone into administration.

I very easily could have seen Everton go down again the season after before a new owner took over and then it's the long rebuild from division one.

Just watched his pre match presser, God I hate him the same way I have hated fat Sam and the Spanish waiter, he talks absolute garbage, already getting his excuses in for sat 'we are down to 14 players' that's because you do these stupid Gaffa days and no one actually notices any difference, as Brighton were the stronger team on sat in the last 30 mins, I think we only touched the ball about 10 times, kick and rush football will get you so far against your Salfords, Sligos and your Coventrys oh wait maybe not even them
That's because we were down to 10 men 😂

It's a good question, and I think Moyes would be first, and then possibly Royle - he won us a cup. I think Allardyce would be up there, too, based on finishing 8th.

Don't get me wrong, Dyche has many pros to the argument. Would Martinez's first season get him above? I think so, with a decent win % too.

Silva is a difficult one as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dyche is a terrible manager or whatnot, or hasn't done what's required because he has...

... I just think, perhaps somewhat illogically, I find is inflexibility difficult to accept and warm to, so maybe that does cloud judgements to some extent.

What we've got may be limited, yet I can't help think he's far from fully utilising its strengths, and not because of a lack of ability - more a stubbornness.

He doesn't come across as a person who demonstrate humility or can be magnanimous, and if he could then I truly believe there's more to give.

So, 3rd for you?

2nd for me.

Allardyce is a nothing. Was always interim, awaiting Silva. Come in with us 13th. We weren't terrible, the 4-0 win Vs West Ham before he come in springs to mind. He had money to spend too - spent money on Tosun/Walcott. We finished 8th but we had the worst attacking team in the league during his time here.

Just watched his pre match presser, God I hate him the same way I have hated fat Sam and the Spanish waiter, he talks absolute garbage, already getting his excuses in for sat 'we are down to 14 players' that's because you do these stupid Gaffa days and no one actually notices any difference, as Brighton were the stronger team on sat in the last 30 mins, I think we only touched the ball about 10 times, kick and rush football will get you so far against your Salfords, Sligos and your Coventrys oh wait maybe not even them

To be fair to Dyche, we were down to 10 men for the last 30 mins, which does explain the bold.

So, 3rd for you?

2nd for me.

Allardyce is a nothing. Was always interim, awaiting Silva. Come in with us 13th. We weren't terrible, the 4-0 win Vs West Ham before he come in springs to mind. He had money to spend too - spent money on Tosun/Walcott. We finished 8th but we had the worst attacking team in the league during his time here.
Fourth, max. I think Martinez pips him because, again, arguably what he achieved, and while you say Allardyce is a nothing he did exactly what he said on the tin.

Allardyce's football was dour, but that's what he promised, really, and it was effective in stemming the tide and getting us far more than safe.

That's not saying I was happy with Sam in terms of enjoyment, but objectively he completed his required task amicably. You could say Dyche is very similar.

Fourth, max. I think Martinez pips him because, again, arguably what he achieved, and while you say Allardyce is a nothing he did exactly what he said on the tin.

Allardyce's football was dour, but that's what he promised, really, and it was effective in stemming the tide and getting us far more than safe.

That's not saying I was happy with Sam in terms of enjoyment, but objectively he completed his required task amicably. You could say Dyche is very similar.

Allardyce had Coleman, Digne, Baines, Mina, Bernard, Schneiderlin, Iceland, Iwobi, Richarlison, and DCL. in the squad. (He also had 18-year-old Branthwaite, and 19-year-old Anthony Gordon.) He then went and spent 50m on 2 attackers.

Granted, some players listed above had flaws or were not particularly liked or rated at the time, but times have changed and they all pretty much waltz in to this Everton squad.

I'd say he had a much easier job than Dyche.

We are a team screaming for new players to provide something. Antytjing really. Yet we seemingly buy ones who are not ready for the premier league. Whatever that means. Other clubs seem to manage this inexperience ok. It’s blatantly this buffoon who hasn’t a clue.

So, 3rd for you?

2nd for me.

8th.
I dream of 8th.

We've close to a billion in debt mate. That doesn't disappear in the championship.

Leicester and Southampton are built for yo-yoing.

Villa sold a player for £100mill and rebuilt.
Villa sold him when they they’d been back up a season or maybe even two. So that’s wrong. Southampton are one of longest serving prem clubs. And Leicester been in about 9yrs on the bounce before going down in 22/23. And Leicester had finished 5th 2 years running not long ago, so not sure that’s yo- yoing

Allardyce had Coleman, Digne, Baines, Mina, Bernard, Schneiderlin, Iceland, Iwobi, Richarlison, and DCL. in the squad. (He also had 18-year-old Branthwaite, and 19-year-old Anthony Gordon.) He then went and spent 50m on 2 attackers.

Granted, some players listed above had flaws or were not particularly liked or rated at the time, but times have changed and they all pretty much waltz in to this Everton squad.

I'd say he had a much easier job than Dyche.
Think you are getting years/managers mixed up here.

Allardyce was here in 2017. Branthwaite signed for us in 2020 and 7 years ago was only 15 and Gordon was 16.

Digne signed after Allardyce as well, as did Mina, Bernard, Richie and Iwobi etc.

Allardyce was playing Martina at RB.

I think you are thinking about Ancelotti, who in his first season for us actually saved us from relegation (something Allardyce wasn’t actually needed for).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back