2024/25 Sean Dyche

I'm not saying I want us to be prime Barcelona, but I want a structure of some sort of Football being played. Plus you can looked good and not go down. Loads of teams above us are proof of that.
Just for clarity when exactly was Barcelonas "Prime" period?

This idea that Dyche was and is the only manager to keep us up is utterly stupid.

Even Lampard kept us up.
Probably even my son and your grandson would have reached the 26 points last season, but yeah. I am 100% taking Dyche over Bielsa in current Everton. He would have left in turmoil most securely anyway, like he did at us or Lazio for example for not getting reinforcements. I admire his way of playing when it works way more than Dyche's, but based on results he made a lot worse, well the 2nd season we lost Javi and Llorente. But managers before and after got us 4-8 each.

Last edited:
If you don't know what playing football means then I don't know where to go mate. We didn't win for was it 13 games last season at one point last season by his methods so we're does that leave you.

On 48 points and in mid table. The league table doesn’t care about arbitrary stats. 2 wins interspersed in 15 games is the same as 2 wins either end of a 13 game non winning run. Btw plenty of managers last season had runs of 2 wins in 15 games.

I’m not the one arguing that money doesn’t impact how you play football and that playing football is divorced from winning football matches.

4 games??? Coady started 22 of the first 23 games after arriving on loan before he was dropped. Compared to Keane starting 10 games that whole season. His first start not coming until March
What are you going on about mate?

You're randomly including games under Lampard in them figures. You're acting like Dyche had the full season with us when his first game was February.

Coady played in Dyche's first 4 games against Arsenal, RS, Leeds and Villa and after a mistake against Villa he was dropped and replaced by Keane in the 5th game against Arsenal. Keane kept his place until May despite being in terrible form and costing us a goal almost every game. I was sick of hearing Dyche's excuses for him in post match interviews. It was terrible management picking his mate and sticking with him for so long.

Havent really read this thread yet. But i scrolled Evertons squad last night.
He hasnt got much to work with has he. Talk about bare bones.

Yeah he took a decent squad from where it should never have been to somewhere more like where it shouldve been which shows how bad Gerrard had them performing because hes a terrible manager. Would Emery do a better job here than Dyche with the squad weve got? Whats a better job? I think hed have us in a similar position. Dunno where this idea comes from that if we get a big name manager our fortunes would suddenly magically transform. Our squad is average and until we are allowed and have the money to overhaul it i dont think any manager is going to have us playing champagne football or competing for Europe. For me Dyche has done what has been required and doesnt deserve half the stick he gets on here. Then again there are a lot of posters on here who revel in all that is negative about Everton so its only to be expected.
where did I say big name, I said a better manager which Emery is , if you think dyche is his level then you should give up football. That’s like me saying McNeil is as good as
Richarlison or DCL is as gold as Lukaku.

Emery has took Spanish clubs not the big 3 into the champions league, regularly and won European trophies with Seville and villareal and now has got Villa into the champions league in 18 months. Yet fans on here think dyche should be up for manager of the decade because he got Burnley top half once.

On 48 points and in mid table. The league table doesn’t care about arbitrary stats. 2 wins interspersed in 15 games is the same as 2 wins either end of a 13 game non winning run. Btw plenty of managers last season had runs of 2 wins in 15 games.

I’m not the one arguing that money doesn’t impact how you play football and that playing football is divorced from winning football matches.
Not bothered about other managers or teams I don't watch them. If you are OK with Everton not winning in 13 games and watching his way of playing then ok, but I'm not it's woeful to watch.

where did I say big name, I said a better manager which Emery is , if you think dyche is his level then you should give up football. That’s like me saying McNeil is as good as

Emery has took Spanish clubs not the big 3 into the champions league, regularly and won European trophies with Seville and villareal and now has got Villa into the champions league in 18 months. Yet fans on here think dyche should be up for manager of the decade because he got Burnley top half once.
What are you talking about? At no point in anything i said did i say Dyche and Emery were equals as managers so why are you ranting like a blert?

I should give up football based on a comparison i never made? I think if youve got that much of a hard on for Unai it might be an idea for you to get yourself a Villa top and season ticket and leave supporting hoofball Everton to the likes of me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back