2024/25 Sean Dyche

He’s what Everton need right now. Maybe some don’t like his style of football or wrote him off as they wanted a continental pass from the back merchant. But I want Everton to stay in the top league so they can transition into a new stadium with hope, and also can’t be arsed with more seasons of fretting over relegation. He’s got much less resources than his peers and still has Everton competitive at least.

It’s as though the years before Dyche and the carousel of craps managers didn’t exist for some of you. Plus Dyche can fight you.
Not a chance he can fight me.

But I agree, hes what we need right now, that doesnt mean I like any of it, I just hate the way hes seen as the only manager in the world who can keep Everton up, when everybody else has managed it for the last 70+ years.

But a new season starts tomorrow and the tangerine gets my full support.

Not bothered about other managers or teams I don't watch them. If you are OK with Everton not winning in 13 games and watching his way of playing then ok, but I'm not it's woeful to watch.

Of course I’d want Everton to win every game. I’m not ok with them losing 1 game. We have to recognise the reality of the situation we were in when Dyche took over in the relegation zone. Teams at the bottom of the table lose a lot of games. He was never going to turn that round over night.

He did a good job at Valencia, Villarreal and Sevilla (all those teams were quite consistently fighting for European spots before and with him) with winning trophies, ok at PSG, and I think he was sacked too soon at Arsenal I am 100% sure with some more time Emery would have succeeded at Arsenal. respectively with time given like Arteta and a few windows.

Cannot compare the clubs Burnley and Aston Villa as clubs with the possibilities given and also the abilities of one of the best managers in Europe that won multiple trophies before coming to PL and Dyche that made a respectable job with a small team like Burnley overall.

If you asked, would Dyche have let Villa that much up, nope but surely have them better than the moment when Gerrard was sacked.
He stayed at Burnley for 10 years,
There’s a reason for that and we all know it

Bur then tend to make sure at most times the ball in on the floor and passed to your teammate that's their percentage, I can guarantee when we kick off on Saturday Brighton have the ball within 10 secs. That's hoofball.
What you call hoofball is pretty basic, but it does mean you need to hoof it to your own player, not hoof it aimlessly forward, which is what our lot do more often than not. Its all very well playing tippy tappy football, but when your players are n`t clued in to how it works, it gets just as boring, as we saw under Martinez in his 3rd season.

He stayed at Burnley for 10 years,
There’s a reason for that and we all know it
Many reasons, but Burnley also the team that doesn't sack managers quickly, could have done that easily the first season he led them into the league. The style fit to Burnley, but doesn't suit big teams surely. See how terrible they were with Kompany last season on a prem level. No, from what I have seen he wouldn't qualify for a top 6 team. He probably now has the best squad he has had in that 8+ years in prem, maybe even the best he might have ever, still far from good, but certainly good enough to reach 45-50 points again.

We know it, as well as we know why this is what we got in January 2023...

Not a chance he can fight me.

But I agree, hes what we need right now, that doesnt mean I like any of it, I just hate the way hes seen as the only manager in the world who can keep Everton up, when everybody else has managed it for the last 70+ years.

But a new season starts tomorrow and the tangerine gets my full support.
He’d wobble all your chins effortlessly mate.

The cortex that this would create is a category hurricane that would sweep across the Mersey and absolutely decimate the Wirral peninsula.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back