2024/25 Sean Dyche

As you say difficult to know, but, we just looked miles better when Ndaiye and Linstrom came on, Doucoure and McNeil should not be starters and, based on yesterday, I would like to see Beto given a run ahead of Calvert Lewin.
Agreed. We need more attacking intent in the team. Other teams know we are fairly toothless (certainly in terms of last years personnel) so the better more possession based teams so it’s just waive after waive of attacks against us. The ball being played for the most part in our half.

It only ends one way when you start having a go at the fans.

Not the best line of excuse.
He’s pretty much saying it’s wrong to have high expectations, and we have to accept that it’s going to be a long, tough season with poor football.

While there’s parts of it that are probably just, he is ignoring that his philosophy and tactics that are playing a significant part in this.

You get two camps in these types of scenarios - the ‘managers fault’ camp and the ‘players are crap and at fault’ camp. The truth is normally somewhere in between and a lot more nuanced than that. Both can be true yes the players are by and large the product of poor recruitment when we had money, but the manager is not coaching them well which is clearly evident through their performances. First word out of his mouth, was we kept a good shape, he is referring to defensive shape..nothing more. We keep hearing that players down tools (I mentioned yesterday) and then you hear back that they always do it….but this isn’t the same squad of players for the most part as six seven eight years ago. A big chunk of these players are different.

The concern I have is that he does not seem to learn and when he does it’s only through public pressure, he is forced into it. By the way, the hero, zero stuff and the European, Goodison’s last season stuff is all in his head. I never thought he or anyone in the squad was a hero because we had a half decent season and no one has mentioned anything about Goodison or Europe. If only he coached his team to attack in the way his media thinly veiled attacks have been. What has it been 2 games played, zero points, GD-7 and two shots on target?

He’s pretty much saying it’s wrong to have high expectations, and we have to accept that it’s going to be a long, tough season with poor football.

While there’s parts of it that are probably just, he is ignoring that his philosophy and tactics that are playing a significant part in this.

We were level on points with 11th place last season without the deduction. I think asking for similar again isn't too much to ask for and certainly doesn't constitute high expectations. This is also including a 3 month winless streak.

Now I'd actually love for him to come out and show us where he's seeing Evertonian's ask for Europe though. Pretty sure he's said that and now regretting it since it's a complete lie. No sane Everton fan is expecting Europe.

No one has a clue, where he`s getting the high expectations thing from, as we all know the mess that the clubs in and the vast majority would been very happy with just not to be involved in another relegation scenario and a decent cup run.

Like you say, it`s just another form of deflection.

Imagine being a player and hearing your manager say that ???

" The team aren`t really very good and I expect us to be fighting relegation most of the season "

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back