2024/25 Sean Dyche

He’s putting up strawmen arguements all over the gaff. European football - we haven’t even finished top half since Carlo Ancellotti was manager. Moaning about that Onana was sold which sets us back - a player who wasn’t even getting in our team at the end of last season.

Sick of him.
It's like he's deliberately winding up the fans and wanting to get the sack.

No doubt some other clubs in danger of relegation will take a punt on him .

He's the new Pulis / Allardyche. He will continue to make a wonderful living and a terrible football manager.

I can feel for him. The boardroom's a farce. The owner is a clown. The squad is dross.The fans are not happy. For a good reason- they have been shafted for 15 years.

The place is a pressure cooker, and the release valve is him being the punching bag.

Then again, if Everton were a functioning club, he'd never would've been in consideration for the manager's job in the first place.

His comments are just another indicator of why he's out of his depth managing Everton.

It's no secret that I dont think he's very good and would like a change. But I know that's unlikely to happen at this stage.

Most of us just don't want to be in another relegation battle and want to see a gradual improvement on last year. For him to try and say we are demanding European football is rubbish and a bizarre attempt to make the supports seem totally unreasonable.

The way he has approached the new season has been abysmal. He needs to stop making excuses and using deflection tactics. We have 2 home games this week and he needs to win those matches and stop making unhelpful comments about the supporters.

All jokes aside this club offers none of us anything right now.

I'm refusing to go to the Bournemouth game and any other game while he is here because i cant stomach him and his utter tripe, his playing style, his tactics, and results.

Its our last season here and we all should be wanting to go but i just cant because i already know what i will will witness.

Bournemouth will be made to look like a prime Brazil
There bang average players will look like Balon D'Or candidates
We will launch it at every opportunity to a useless CF
We will persist with players who let us down week after week
We will look like 11 men threw together the day before and been given an Everton kit to play in
We will play ok for about 15-20 mins max in the whole game

I mean the tit is that clueless he even went from a suit to a tracky to change the results, no Sean how about you do something on the training ground to change the teams results.
I hope he reads this post. If this doesn't give him the kick up the backside he needs then nothing will.

Not throwing new signings straight in is quite a common occurence. Yesterday was very poor but there was little to suggest that starting any of the new lads on the bench would definitely have made a difference. I would question keeping faith with the team that underperformed against Brighton though for sure.

The cautious approach with new signings is frustrating I'll agree but pretending only Everton do it isn't true. Definitely needs to shuffle the pack against Bournemouth though regardless of the League Cup game as I can't see much more than 3 or 4 points tops from September's games.
Did not frighten Spurs until Lindstrom came on. Hence why they pushed right up onto our back line for most of the first half.

I'm not absolving him of anything. He's a useless bellend. I'm just sick to death of these players getting a free ride while manager after manager after manager falls on the sword and the owner continues to laugh at the fans who make it easy for him to continue his seemingly endless mission to destory the club. If I'm sometimes to forceful in my defence of the managers then its to counterbalance the ludicrous way some of you turn on and pin the blame for everything on every single manager

He has been here 18months .
It’s a cumulative process of disillusionment with the tactics and results I was thinking of,
I do see signs of it personally but I realise that may be due to my own bias.
I may be just projecting my own abject boredom and disbelief onto the players.
But Dyche’s comment about players ‘not being up for it ‘ yesterday was interesting and reinforced my own suspicions about declining morale.

Its a fair point on confirmation bias - we can all be guilty of that.

Id agree with him personally the attitude has been off - personally i read it as over confidence if anything - the players think they will be more then all right without deductions (presumably) this year - is a way i think they think this year will be easier - we've been guilty of that ourselves this year.

Overall the standard has dropped and these players aren't good enough for standards to drop, im thinking of who has become disillusionment, not Pickford, JT and McNeill they have played for him all their careers so not them - pretty much everyone else is lucky to have a PL career if he wasn't here as a manager and we have sever limits - so they would be unwise not to be giving their all. There are a few with a foot out the door as well in the last year of their deals and Dom of course with a foot out the door.

These have always been a group of players who given an inch can crumble or attitude can disimprove.

Id say the former is all more likely rather then players downing tools or disillusionment if we are calling it that. ;)

Last edited:
I can feel for him. The boardroom's a farce. The owner is a clown. The squad is dross.The fans are not happy. For a good reason- they have been shafted for 15 years.

The place is a pressure cooker, and the release valve is him being the punching bag.

Then again, if Everton were a functioning club, he'd never would've been in consideration for the manager's job in the first place.
No mate, these are excuses for him to hide behind!

Can McNeil player better than what he is showing, yes
We have Englands number 1
Branthwaite
Tarks a very dependable CB
Big Tim looks a good player
Myko a solid FB
Ndayie looks decent little player
We have DCL who needs crosses from the byline not from our own box (Would still miss a load of chances but he would be more dangerous)
Gana still a decent holding midfielder
Lindstrom could be anything if given a chance

He and his tactics are making the squad look worse than what it is, yes they are not great but they are far better than they are showing.

All of these comments about us having no money are self-preservation. We’ve bought players that he won’t use. I would be astonished if he saw out the season.
I’ve had the impression this window that Thelwell has been entrusted with the major part of the budget and transfer strategy. Harrison and Young perhaps as far as Dyche’s preferences have been allowed to stretch.

Maybe his complaining about money comes from the fact that he’s not been able to spend the money we have spent.

I'm not absolving him of anything. He's a useless bellend. I'm just sick to death of these players getting a free ride while manager after manager after manager falls on the sword and the owner continues to laugh at the fans who make it easy for him to continue his seemingly endless mission to destory the club. If I'm sometimes to forceful in my defence of the managers then its to counterbalance the ludicrous way some of you turn on and pin the blame for everything on every single manager
Because sometimes, like with Dyche now, it isn’t on the players, it’s how they’re set up. And no they don’t get a free ride, look at various player threads, DCL has had constant criticism either for injuries, form or off field stuff, Doucoure, McNeil, Keane, Harrison even Pickford and so forth

Its a fair point on confirmation bias - we can all be guilty of that.

Id agree with him personally the attitude has been off - personally i read it as over confidence if anything - the players think they will be more then all right without deductions (presumably) this year - is a way i think they think this year will be easier - we've been guilty of that ourselves this year.

Overall the standard has dropped and these players aren't good enough for standards to drop, im thinking of who has become disillusionment, not Pickford, JT and McNeill have played for him all their careers so not them - pretty much everyone else is lucky to have a PL career if he wasn't here as a manager and we had sever limits - so they would be unwise not to be giving their all. There are a few with a foot out the door as well in the last year of their deals and Dom of course with a fot out the door.

These have always been a group of players who given an inch can crumble or attitude can disimprove.

Id say the former is all more likely rather then players downing tools or disillusionment if we are calling it that. ;)
Thanks for writing ‘confirmation bias!’ . I had a writers block when I was typing that post and couldn’t bring to mind that bloody phrase I was searching for .😁
For me the manner of the defeats is more important at this stage rather than the results alone.
Win , lose or draw I find his grinding style of football , watching Everton surrender the initiative every game , mind numbingly boring , and cowardly.
It is also depressing that once we concede that first goal the weight of evidence suggests we have already lost 2points and a draw is the best we can do .
I can’t imagine it would be very enjoyable for a player to constantly be playing such drab football with minimal creative license or direction
But I suppose being a multi millionaire in your twenties lessens the pain for these otherwise largely unexceptional people, and yes, I am probably employing confirmation bias again, ( had to shoehorn that in 😁)

Horrendous tactics and constantly playing his favourite's. I will be there vs Doncaster and Bournemouth but I am not looking forward to it one little bit and would not surprise me if we lose both. This is our last season at Goodison and were hoping to go out at least looking decent, at the moment we look absolutely clueless !!

Because sometimes, like with Dyche now, it isn’t on the players, it’s how they’re set up. And no they don’t get a free ride, look at various player threads, DCL has had constant criticism either for injuries, form or off field stuff, Doucoure, McNeil, Keane, Harrison even Pickford and so forth
They're a worthless team of wage thieves. You can pretend that its the style of play and the setup if you want but I guarantee you that if we swap Dyche (who again, I don't care for) for a young and upcoming manager (one who would have to be absolutely desperate to touch us) we'll be right back here in a year to 18 months max saying the exact same story. Yes the setup and style is atrocious but that doesn't make the pathetic lack of effort from the scum we have for a team any more justified.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back