2024/25 Sean Dyche

What I don't get is that last season at least the xg was there in the games and it was fair to consider us unlucky for not getting the scores we needed.

This season however the xg is not there. Now we have only really lost Onana. Onana wasnt the reason for our decent xg. So is it fair to say that Dyche is making us worse? It doesn't really make sense. Clearly something is amiss
The intensity has dropped off

At this point, we have to shoot more. From distance from unexpected angle, if confidence is preventing our buildup make it simple and don’t overpass and overplay the ball.

What I don't get is that last season at least the xg was there in the games and it was fair to consider us unlucky for not getting the scores we needed.

This season however the xg is not there. Now we have only really lost Onana. Onana wasnt the reason for our decent xg. So is it fair to say that Dyche is making us worse? It doesn't really make sense. Clearly something is amiss
Mate the Xg last season weren’t carved out chances by opening teams up they were just ricochets or free kicks corners were the ball fell to a player with great chance to score! None of it was training ground stuff just all percentage football

Our XG was crap if you remove those that came from set pieces.

And big Sean was right, it did balance out. Because at the end of the season it matched goals scored

Basically, it took teams a couple of months to figure out how we played

I really think Dyche needs to bring in more staff to help him or freshen things up.

When we were interviewing for the job, we were told that Nuno ES wanted to bring about 15 people with him and that was off putting but Dyche only brings Woan and Stone which leaves us lacking I think.

We need a set piece coach and probably an attacking coach to keep pace with those around us because the finer details we are lacking compared to top teams and it shows over the course of a season

I really think Dyche needs to bring in more staff to help him or freshen things up.

When we were interviewing for the job, we were told that Nuno ES wanted to bring about 15 people with him and that was off putting but Dyche only brings Woan and Stone which leaves us lacking I think.

We need a set piece coach and probably an attacking coach to keep pace with those around us because the finer details we are lacking compared to top teams and it shows over the course of a season
He needs sacking, is what he needs. The Dychettes love blaming the squad but I'm not having that the squad is worse than league two Donny Rovers. We've created nothing. We'll probably win by a goal or two in the second half as they run out of steam but it's shown that it's not simply the squad, it's very much the tactics and coaching as well.

He needs sacking, is what he needs. The Dychettes love blaming the squad but I'm not having that the squad is worse than league two Donny Rovers. We've created nothing. We'll probably win by a goal or two in the second half as they run out of steam but it's shown that it's not simply the squad, it's very much the tactics and coaching as well.
I can’t believe how many of our fans can’t see it!!

Someone called him a football terrorist the other day, he is exactly that!

Agree, our system is old fashioned and predictable. That is the problem. No plan B he just sticks with what he does and that is percentage football (average 30 odd% possession is just not good enough)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back