2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche's on for a hat-trick of relegation dodges I can't think another manager has achieved in living memory.

• Sunderland and Wigan both scraped up a few seasons running but did that a) with unsustainable spending that worsened their situation) and / or b) different managers) c) then sunk nearly into oblivion regardless.
  • Other than our ownership / debt threat (and we're all agreed that's not on Sean, if anything we're a more attractive proposition thanks to being in the Prem) what more can he do than keep us safe whilst spending minimally and ideally developing some youth talent
  • I've never seen a hint of losing the changing room (patterson 'shennanigans' quickly fizzled out)

Get behind him. Further up we go, the better the owners we attract on better terms.

Everton​

• Sky Bet odds: Title - 750/1 | Top 4 - 66/1 | Top 6 - 28/1 | Top 10 - 4/1 | Relegation - 11/4
Joe Townsend
goals conceded prem

Everton finally stuck with a manager for a full season; unheard of in recent years. Sean Dyche impressively transformed the 22/23 Premier League's fourth worst defence according to xG into the fourth best in terms of goals conceded, despite very little in the way of transfer activity because of the club's financial difficulties.
The Toffees registered 13 clean sheets last season, with only Arsenal (18) recording more, meaning Jordan Pickford was remarkably in the running for the Premier League Golden Glove award, which went to David Raya (16), despite playing for a team in a relegation battle; Pickford's 20/1 to win that award this term.
Best bet - Jordan Pickford to win the Golden Glove at 20/1 (Sky Bet)

With possible new ownership, along with the stadium next season, I think he needs to lock-in a top 8 position to cement himself as manager.

Dyche's on for a hat-trick of relegation dodges I can't think another manager has achieved in living memory.

• Sunderland and Wigan both scraped up a few seasons running but did that a) with unsustainable spending that worsened their situation) and / or b) different managers) c) then sunk nearly into oblivion regardless.
  • Other than our ownership / debt threat (and we're all agreed that's not on Sean, if anything we're a more attractive proposition thanks to being in the Prem) what more can he do than keep us safe whilst spending minimally and ideally developing some youth talent
  • I've never seen a hint of losing the changing room (patterson 'shennanigans' quickly fizzled out)

Get behind him. Further up we go, the better the owners we attract on better terms.

I respect the man.
But I am repulsed by the ‘football’
If I wasn’t an ST holding Evertonian I wouldn’t watch us for a big clock.

I respect the man.
But I am repulsed by the ‘football’
If I wasn’t an ST holding Evertonian I wouldn’t watch us for a big clock.
It's probably the ugly or at times effective pragmatism that the club needs for a while after revolving doors for managers season after season, apart from being spoiled by having one of the best-ever managers for 2 seasons.

Realistically, the amount of points like last season should be achieved, disregarding any deductions. Overall I go into the season way more relaxed than last season, despite the squad not really being better and only one real underdog with Ipswich instead of 3 like last season. But we don't have the money to close all the gaps.

We won't go into the stadium for good football under Dyche and probably wouldn't either under 98% of the managers currently. Hoping still we can add again a few more goals by being a bit more effective in front of the goal and avoid any 10+ without a win series.

Last edited:
It's probably the ugly or at times effective pragmatism that the club needs for a while after revolving doors for managers season after season, apart from being spoiled by having one of the best-ever managers for 2 seasons.

Realistically, the amount of points like last season should be achieved, disregarding any deductions. Overall I go into the season way more relaxed than last season, despite the squad not really being better and only one real underdog with Ipswich instead of 3 like last season. But we don't have the money to close all the gaps.

We won't go into the stadium for good football under Dyche and probably wouldn't either under 98% of the managers currently. Hoping still we can add again a few more goals by being a bit more effective in front of the goal and avoid any 10+ without a win series.
Understand all that .
But , on a personal note , I would like to enjoy watching my team and feeling a modicum of pride in their performances.
At present it’s like watching your favourite band play their best tunes, but badly.
At present I’m not looking forward to midweek matches on a wet winters night after a day at work . It’s less of an escape more of a reminder of a misspent life . 😁

Like the guy but he has to be under pressure to step up this season

No 13 game winless streak and frankly i think anything less than top 10 would be a failure

Been our saviour. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Been a brilliant manager and I hope he leads us into the new stadium.
If you think Dyche has been a ‘brilliant’ manager you would presumably have to invent a new collection of superlatives to describe Kendall , Catterick and Royle ?
An illustration of how low our stock has sunk when we are deifying the ordinary.
Hey ho 🫤

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.