2024/25 Sean Dyche

He's got his positives but definitely has some negatives. Firstly his obsession with playing his chosen few. (Which is why im sure we will see harrison,mcneil,dacoure and dcl start), not encouraging playing through the lines and keeping possesion, and substitutions too late in a game.

He needs to step up as a manager, not just as everton manager, but in general.
We need more goals this season if we are going to stay up, it’s that simple. He needs to set us up in a way that we move the ball forward with pace and create chances. IMO Lindstrom and N’Diaye have the capability to open up teams and leave space for a striker. He can’t stick with McNeil and Harrison as first team picks, it doesn’t work and gets found out very quickly in games.

We need more goals this season if we are going to stay up, it’s that simple. He needs to set us up in a way that we move the ball forward with pace and create chances. IMO Lindstrom and N’Diaye have the capability to open up teams and leave space for a striker. He can’t stick with McNeil and Harrison as first team picks, it doesn’t work and gets found out very quickly in games.
Its not really that simple though like I understand what you mean but we don't HAVE to score more goals to stay up I'd like us to but theres no real reason to think we'll be relegated if we don't.

I appreciate his efforts so far.

BUT

Because his brand of football is so dull, I demand to see us really crack on this season and move up that table.

You can tolerate dull football if you're moving up the table and collecting points but if it's dull football and 1:1 draws every game...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd rather watch a place in the sun...

BUT

Because his brand of football is so dull, I demand to see us really crack on this season and move up that table.

You can tolerate dull football if you're moving up the table and collecting points but if it's dull football and 1:1 draws every game...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When you're fighting in aPSR points deduction is NOT time for expansive football ...dull safe points for us was totally what we wanted
This season is different and I expect to see different

I have seen plenty of dull and boring football in my 40 plus years supporting this club and let me tell you it wasn’t all under Dyche. In more recent seasons when taking into account where we were and where we are now, I will say there has been a marked improvement under Dyche. I see way more fight and passion from the players, something that seemed to have been lost. Of course I want better, I think this club should be winning things, but I will give credit where it is due and say that he has done well with what he has had to deal with. No doubt I will be calling for his head in a post very soon.

No manager in recent times has had us relegated not even Lampard, so to think Dyche is some sort of genius is ludicrous.

I would say every manager in the PL last season would have kept us up.
Hahahahaa what nonsense.

Frank got lucky. We were 2-0 down to palace and we came back. Very lucky to stay up.

Sean has been great for us. I feel like people forget how poor the football was under Frank, under Rafael, even Carlo we had some shockers so I am all for Dyche appreciation. Facts are, he has had a poor squad, points deductions, takeover uncertainty and yet we are still here in the Premier League. If he finishes in the top half this season it’s a complete success, some people don’t want that though. Some people want unrealistic champions league qualification.

We were a soft touch under lampard, conceded goals all over the shop.

Dyche made us more solid but in doing so made us more toothless.

Saying that if we'd had players that could finish and gotten closer to our XG...

BUT

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you focus too much you’ll burn your retinas.

I’ll let you decide if that’s watching 1:1 draws or looking at a place in the sun (I don’t watch TV much).

Still haven't forgave him for nearly getting us relegated by playing Keane ahead of Mina. He only put Mina in because of pressure from the media/pundits.
Did he? I’m not sure Dyche would ever do anything he or his 2 curry club partners didn’t agree with and it’s patently obvious players have to be at peak fitness. Mina was and still is made of sawdust.
I always found it intriguing that Mina made 99 appearances for us, I don’t think it’s too far fetched to suggest that Barcelona would have been eligible for a bonus payment that Everton just couldn’t afford if he hit 100 games?
Regardless, Dyche was proved right with his decision making whatever you think of him as Everton survived.

Hahahahaa what nonsense.

Frank got lucky. We were 2-0 down to palace and we came back. Very lucky to stay up.

Sean has been great for us. I feel like people forget how poor the football was under Frank, under Rafael, even Carlo we had some shockers so I am all for Dyche appreciation. Facts are, he has had a poor squad, points deductions, takeover uncertainty and yet we are still here in the Premier League. If he finishes in the top half this season it’s a complete success, some people don’t want that though. Some people want unrealistic champions league qualification.
Frank got lucky but Dyche never?
Dyche kept us up with a last game (Bournemouth) rasper from Doucoure, until the final kick we could of been relegated. Was he lucky?

Lampard done the same taking over from Benitez.

Lampard never got a full season before he was fired (And rightly so)
Dyche should of been fired or would of been if we had someone steering the ship after going 3-4 months without winning a game footy.

Dyche done what he was meant to do last season and fair play to him.
Do i want him near this club anymore, NO

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back