2024/25 Sean Dyche

Hahahahaa what nonsense.

Frank got lucky. We were 2-0 down to palace and we came back. Very lucky to stay up.

Sean has been great for us. I feel like people forget how poor the football was under Frank, under Rafael, even Carlo we had some shockers so I am all for Dyche appreciation. Facts are, he has had a poor squad, points deductions, takeover uncertainty and yet we are still here in the Premier League. If he finishes in the top half this season it’s a complete success, some people don’t want that though. Some people want unrealistic champions league qualification.

Nobody is expecting Champions league football.

If we finish top half it’s a success but so what? What is actually the point of that? Dreadful football won’t be entertaining, we won’t be winning anything, we won’t be building anything, we don’t have a great crop of youngsters.

I’d rather finish 17th and have a team that pass the ball to each other and look like they are laying a foundation for something.

Frank got lucky but Dyche never?
Dyche kept us up with a last game (Bournemouth) rasper from Doucoure, until the final kick we could of been relegated. Was he lucky?

Lampard done the same taking over from Benitez.

Lampard never got a full season before he was fired (And rightly so)
Dyche should of been fired or would of been if we had someone steering the ship after going 3-4 months without winning a game footy.

Dyche done what he was meant to do last season and fair play to him.
Do i want him near this club anymore, NO
Amazing how often people forget how hard he tried to relegate us that season.

We were a pope wonder save, Pickford penalty save or a Doucoure worldie from being down. Despite having the fixtures to stay up far earlier.

Rightly gets less stick for last year but it was stil incredibly streaky in terms of results and the opposite was as poor as it has ever been.

The Rona friendly suggests this season will be a smilier way of playing, with us sitting back looking to nip a goal first and only playing actual football when we go a goal down.

interesting that Dyche has been talking aboiut needing to make us defensively solid before we fixed the attack. So far this window he has been buying attackers and with the exception f O'Brien, weakening the defense, hand in hand with father time.

4th best defence in the league last season. We didn't need to make us even more solid this year.
Understood - so last year his excuse for our style was the need to be solid at the back but time is not going to be kind to Coleman and Young, selling Godfrey, and not adressing either full-back situation??????
I was hoping with the other signings that this year would see more attacking style.

Too many people here would sign up for 50 more guaranteed seasons of Prem football even if it meant we play absolute archaic football and don’t ever look like winning anything.
I would rather die trying to climb the league and be ambitious than stagnate and just be part of the PL fixture list season after season.

I would rather die trying to climb the league and be ambitious than stagnate and just be part of the PL fixture list season after season.
Maybe we should branch off into two different teams.

But instead of the whole AFC nonsense we can be called:

Everton with balls.

or

Everton without balls.

We finished comfortably mid table last season without the cheating PL's deductions being taken in to account, we were never and should never have been classed as relegation fodder, a disgrace. Dyche did fine for me amidst the turmoil.
I think the close seasons signings have been excellent too on the budget we have.
Also I don't think Dele is still here for a free meal ticket, someone must see signs of a revival from him, if this is remotely the case it could be a game changer.
My concerns are obviously right back, just hoping Patterson gets over this injury 100% and kicks on from where he left off, he was not as bad as some make out. My biggest concerns are Branthwaite and Lewin and how much they truly want to be at Everton. I have a hunch DCL just wants out for personal reasons with the stick he's had and I think Branthwaite has had his head turned by £££ signs. Just hope our new young CB hits the ground running under Tarkowskis guidance and makes Branthwaite realise he is not the only young and good CB on the books. I'd rather them out than stay here under duress, although I think DCL would prefer a nice free transfer payday next summer. I think top 10 is well within reach if we sort these couple of worries out.

We finished comfortably mid table last season without the cheating PL's deductions being taken in to account, we were never and should never have been classed as relegation fodder, a disgrace. Dyche did fine for me amidst the turmoil.
I think the close seasons signings have been excellent too on the budget we have.
Also I don't think Dele is still here for a free meal ticket, someone must see signs of a revival from him, if this is remotely the case it could be a game changer.
My concerns are obviously right back, just hoping Patterson gets over this injury 100% and kicks on from where he left off, he was not as bad as some make out. My biggest concerns are Branthwaite and Lewin and how much they truly want to be at Everton. I have a hunch DCL just wants out for personal reasons with the stick he's had and I think Branthwaite has had his head turned by £££ signs. Just hope our new young CB hits the ground running under Tarkowskis guidance and makes Branthwaite realise he is not the only young and good CB on the books. I'd rather them out than stay here under duress, although I think DCL would prefer a nice free transfer payday next summer. I think top 10 is well within reach if we sort these couple of worries out.
My big concern is that McNeil or Harrison get more than 1 minute of game time.

Every minute spent watching those two on the pitch is like dipping my contact lenses in hot chilli sauce before placing them on the eye ball...

Frank got lucky but Dyche never?
Dyche kept us up with a last game (Bournemouth) rasper from Doucoure, until the final kick we could of been relegated. Was he lucky?

Lampard done the same taking over from Benitez.

Lampard never got a full season before he was fired (And rightly so)
Dyche should of been fired or would of been if we had someone steering the ship after going 3-4 months without winning a game footy.

Dyche done what he was meant to do last season and fair play to him.
Do i want him near this club anymore, NO
We were 2-0 down against Palace. We did well but were lucky to come back. Frank was awful. Dyche’s football has been good to watch. He’s a good manager, happy with him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back