2024/25 Sean Dyche

We finished comfortably mid table last season without the cheating PL's deductions being taken in to account, we were never and should never have been classed as relegation fodder, a disgrace. Dyche did fine for me amidst the turmoil.
I think the close seasons signings have been excellent too on the budget we have.
Also I don't think Dele is still here for a free meal ticket, someone must see signs of a revival from him, if this is remotely the case it could be a game changer.
My concerns are obviously right back, just hoping Patterson gets over this injury 100% and kicks on from where he left off, he was not as bad as some make out. My biggest concerns are Branthwaite and Lewin and how much they truly want to be at Everton. I have a hunch DCL just wants out for personal reasons with the stick he's had and I think Branthwaite has had his head turned by £££ signs. Just hope our new young CB hits the ground running under Tarkowskis guidance and makes Branthwaite realise he is not the only young and good CB on the books. I'd rather them out than stay here under duress, although I think DCL would prefer a nice free transfer payday next summer. I think top 10 is well within reach if we sort these couple of worries out.
NSNO

He has got to get the attack going.Ndiaye looks very promising, but the RB position has gotten even worse with another year on Young and Coleman. Unless Patterson is given the green light this year, we will lack width from the fullback position so I find it hard for us to see a major improvement offensively.

Amazing how often people forget how hard he tried to relegate us that season.

We were a pope wonder save, Pickford penalty save or a Doucoure worldie from being down. Despite having the fixtures to stay up far earlier.

Rightly gets less stick for last year but it was stil incredibly streaky in terms of results and the opposite was as poor as it has ever been.

The Rona friendly suggests this season will be a smilier way of playing, with us sitting back looking to nip a goal first and only playing actual football when we go a goal down.
1723649677497.png

In all fairness, he was given a challenging task tho. These were Lampard's last 6 fixtures in the prem, 4 of them against teams that were also involved in the battle, we lost all of them. West Ham and Wolves played a good 2nd half of the season and Bmouth went on a 4/5 wins or something like that as well. So West Ham and Southampton were already gone for Dyche.

One of the reasons why we had a better season, is that we were quite good against the bottom 6. And the 48 points aren't just escaping relegation based on the last season it ended you between 8th or 13th at worst, averaging 11.

There are always what-ifs in football, like what would have happened if Maradona's handball was noticed, what if Beto scored that early 1:0 against Chelsea when we lost 6:0, you never know. I'm just no fan of that.

Not that I was pleased by any of that 10+ without a win in the prem or the playstyle either.

He has got to get the attack going.Ndiaye looks very promising, but the RB position has gotten even worse with another year on Young and Coleman. Unless Patterson is given the green light this year, we will lack width from the fullback position so I find it hard for us to see a major improvement offensively.
We will *ALWAYS* lack width at full back, as it's how Dyche sets up the team.

Patterson, Coleman, Young and Godfrey have played there last year, and all were barely going past the half way line, if ever, or rushing back instantly if they miraculously do. Mykolenko did it a bit early on, scored a few and never crossed the halfway line again as well.

Patterson is truly awful. I'd sooner play one of the old fellas or a player out of position over him.

Going to try and tell meself this season, be patient, be patient.
Can't see the style changing that much with the same players out wide.
Hoping to see the spine of the team continue to strengthen and start to dominate.
The logic being that it will set up well for next season with wide players coming in. Hypothetically if Dyche isnt changing style then, well, look elsewhere.

Amazing how often people forget how hard he tried to relegate us that season.

We were a pope wonder save, Pickford penalty save or a Doucoure worldie from being down. Despite having the fixtures to stay up far earlier.

Rightly gets less stick for last year but it was stil incredibly streaky in terms of results and the opposite was as poor as it has ever been.

The Rona friendly suggests this season will be a smilier way of playing, with us sitting back looking to nip a goal first and only playing actual football when we go a goal down.
And we would have been the equivalent of those things away from staying up earlier too so they cancel eachother out its a stupid way of looking at it.

We will *ALWAYS* lack width at full back, as it's how Dyche sets up the team.

Patterson, Coleman, Young and Godfrey have played there last year, and all were barely going past the half way line, if ever, or rushing back instantly if they miraculously do. Mykolenko did it a bit early on, scored a few and never crossed the halfway line again as well.
I highly doubt that but sure. We have a Baines or a Digne and they are getting down that line. Patterson did get forward but was exposed (just like the others to be fair).

I highly doubt that but sure. We have a Baines or a Digne and they are getting down that line. Patterson did get forward but was exposed (just like the others to be fair).
Nah. "Defensive first, offensive never". Stats for crosses and average positions exist and have been posted in last year's thread aplenty, but largely ignored, so not gonna go looking for them again personally. Of course they'll get exposed as the team is not set up to have a full back going forward at all.

We also have the great phenomenon of having Young or Coleman at FB and the wingers playing like a wing back too just to cover for them when we sit back, to reiterate how much the mentality is to defend and not to attack.

I'm still waiting on the free flowing or at least attacking football this year that's been thrown around, now that we have no points deduction.

Nah. "Defensive first, offensive never". Stats for crosses and average positions exist and have been posted in last year's thread aplenty, but largely ignored, so not gonna go looking for them again personally. Of course they'll get exposed as the team is not set up to have a full back going forward at all.

We also have the great phenomenon of having Young or Coleman at FB and the wingers playing like a wing back too just to cover for them when we sit back, to reiterate how much the mentality is to defend and not to attack.

I'm still waiting on the free flowing or at least attacking football this year that's been thrown around, now that we have no points deduction.
Cool. So Patterson pulls two assists out of his arse while playing sporadically and not being favored whatsoever by the manager? And neither Godfrey, Coleman or Young managed one? And Myko isn’t even a modern fullback that gets forward so that is to be expected (and the problem most have with him in general).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back