2024/25 Sean Dyche

When it has absolutely no relevance whatsoever in the here and now then it’s just a bit weird to be honest.
It absolutely has relevance in the here and now when you're talking about fan reaction 2 games into the season.

If Lampard had 5 wins on the bounce at home and a home Merseyside derby win for the first time since 2014 fans would've been 'Super Frank'-ing themselves to death. I think it's important for people to realise that this manager is being held to higher standards than they allowed for 'super gets us nice guy' Lampard

It absolutely has relevance in the here and now when you're talking about fan reaction 2 games into the season.

If Lampard had 5 wins on the bounce at home and a home Merseyside derby win for the first time since 2014 fans would've been 'Super Frank'-ing themselves to death. I think it's important for people to realise that this manager is being held to higher standards than they allowed for 'super gets us nice guy' Lampard

Dyche is 20 months into his Everton career, not 2 games.

Stop getting very very angry about Frank Lampard mate. He got deservedly sacked and absolutely nobody is fighting his corner suggesting that he should’ve stayed. Just leave it. He can’t hurt you anymore.

Has to win today, especially with an international break before the next game. Got to get some positivity into the club and fan base, me included. Never been so negative as i am currently. :lol:

I am not actually overly concerned which league we are in , I enjoy watching football even if it’s just on a park pitch.
I am far more interested in watching a football match where two teams actively compete to control the game. I enjoy watching midfield battles , intelligent football , good defending overseen by a tactically astute manager able to influence the game.
I enjoy watching football where both teams are attempting to win the game by playing competitive football.
Under Dyche we attempt to steal the game and spend 70% of it cowering in our own half .
It’s beyond boring.
It’s embarrassing.

This is where we differ. Sorry but for me Everton in the championship is a travesty, don’t care what the football looks like to keep us out of there.

I mean, that’s not on Dyche. He was already highly rated from his loan to holland. And fans were kicking off Dyche wasn’t picking him. He had no pre season with Dyche as he had been on international duty. He came in and immediately started putting in the quality performances. That’s nothing to do with Dyche and all to do with Branthwaites talent.

Right so everything bad at the club is to do with Dyche but anything good is in spite of him. What a convenient argument.

There won’t be.

But when we hired him we were a relegation threatened basket case in the financial mire with chaotic ownership.

The right horse for the course at the time.

Right appointment when Bielsa was the other option, should have given 1 year contract + 1 option if successful kept up.

But then going with another manager into this season.

I don’t think many would an issue with us being defensively setup if there was an actual plan on we counter attack.

Even if it’s a simple as getting people around Dom when we go long ball, so we at least pick up the second ball.

What kills people is there is literally no attempt on to work on anything; the entire idea to get goals is set pieces which makes the situation a thousand times worse.

Spurs showed last week that they’ve clocked on to our “Tarkowski at the back post” routine

The greatest mystery of our time, how did Dyche with zero tactical plan whatsoever apart from set pieces, get 48 points in the hardest league in the world, level with De Zerbi and Iraola.

Right appointment when Bielsa was the other option, should have given 1 year contract + 1 option if successful kept up.

But then going with another manager into this season.

He had us over a barrel. We were the desperate ones not him. People don’t seem to understand that when they complain about his salary. We’d been KBd by Bielsa and were heavy favourites to go down with an extremely poor squad. No one would want a relegation in their CV. He could literally dictate what contract he wanted and his salary and we would agree to it because we would do anything to stay up.

The horse should have been euthanised at the end of last season.

He’d just increased our points total by 12 at the same time making a profit in transfer windows, finishing the season with a derby win and five home wins on the spin without conceding a goal, with the 4th best defensive record in the league.

Is this really grounds for euthanising the horse?

Likeability is vital in any job. One guy appeared grateful to get the opportunity and another guy gives the impression fans should be grateful for his presence.

They chose their path.

He’d just increased our points total by 12 at the same time making a profit in transfer windows, finishing the season with a derby win and five home wins on the spin without conceding a goal, with the 4th best defensive record in the league.

Is this really grounds for euthanising the horse?
He's just lucky he had JB.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back