2024/25 Sean Dyche

You could give Dyche 5 years and he'll still be scrapping relegation playing dross football, he can't evolve beyond it.

Moyes plays defensive football like Dyche but he's capable of consistently progressing teams into the top half of the table and building year on year, Dyche doesn't know what the next level beyond this is we're just Burnley in blue now.

'Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with it'published at 17:23 British Summer Time
17:23 BST​

FT: Everton 2-3 Bournemouth
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg.webp
Everton
Everton boss Sean Dyche, speaking to MOTD:
"We did so much right until they scored their first goal. I think they had one shot on target before then. The game should have been out of sight. We conceded one and then threw it away. I can't put my finger on it right now.
"They kept raining it forward and got their reward in the end. The Premier League you have to play to the last breath of the game and we simply didn't but they did. They were playing it forward and crossing it into the box and we didn't deal with it. Simple stuff but we threw it away. It is the third game we have thrown away this season.
"You have to kill teams off at every level, but particularly at this level. Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with things and that is when there is trouble. You could see the body language change.
"You have to see games through and we have enough experience to do that, but today we didn't."

I'd understand some fans backing Dyche if he was some young progressive manager trying to build an exciting team for the long-term. But he's not. The football is dreadful even when we win (which is a rarity), so what's the point?

Because progress will happen when we get new owners and stability

Right now it’s survival at all costs IMO and in the opinion of others I think

Obviously a continuation of this shambles will put him at risk no matter what anybody thinks, but I still see him as capable of getting the points needed to stay up

Needs must IMO

You could give Dyche 5 years and he'll still be scrapping relegation playing dross football, he can't evolve beyond it.

Moyes plays defensive football like Dyche but he's capable of consistently progressing teams into the top half of the table and building year on year, Dyche doesn't know what the next level beyond this is we're just Burnley in blue now.
Beginning to believe it now

For me today is showing where he is getting found out. Managers are better than they used to be. I would imagine Iraola has worked on that in training with trying to go gung ho late in a game and seeing if they can create chances. And they did that exactly.

I doubt Dyche goes deep enough to even think about that kind of thing. He is good at what he does but I fear that he doesn't have enough strings in his bow compared to this new breed of manager that your seeing more and more of in the league.
It may just be that I’ve not seen it but you could see Iraola noting things vigorously down on his pad. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dyche do that, he just stands in his technical area. So much for in game tactics and management.

This makes no sense because we played really good football today. It's not because of dross football that we lost today.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back