2024/25 Sean Dyche

Because progress will happen when we get new owners and stability

Right now it’s survival at all costs IMO and in the opinion of others I think

Obviously a continuation of this shambles will put him at risk no matter what anybody thinks, but I still see him as capable of getting the points needed to stay up

Needs must IMO
Conceding 10 goals in 3 games does not look like a good way to survive.

Completely this….far too reactionary and with the wrong number of type of subs. Yes some of it is on the players for switching off, but everyone could see that had out a shift in. He must think his Gaffer days make them fatigue proof.
Let's be honest be brought off Ndiaye and DCL not because they were tired or weren't doing their job, he did it because the game was won and he wanted them to get a clap.

Meanwhile half the team was running through treacle.

'Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with it'published at 17:23 British Summer Time​

17:23 BST​

FT: Everton 2-3 Bournemouth
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg.webp
Everton
Everton boss Sean Dyche, speaking to MOTD:
"We did so much right until they scored their first goal. I think they had one shot on target before then. The game should have been out of sight. We conceded one and then threw it away. I can't put my finger on it right now.
"They kept raining it forward and got their reward in the end. The Premier League you have to play to the last breath of the game and we simply didn't but they did. They were playing it forward and crossing it into the box and we didn't deal with it. Simple stuff but we threw it away. It is the third game we have thrown away this season.
"You have to kill teams off at every level, but particularly at this level. Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with things and that is when there is trouble. You could see the body language change.
"You have to see games through and we have enough experience to do that, but today we didn't."
He can’t put his finger on it.

The defence turned to blancmange. It needed freshening up against half a team of new players that Bournemouth brought on.

'Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with it'published at 17:23 British Summer Time​

17:23 BST​

FT: Everton 2-3 Bournemouth
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg.webp
Everton
Everton boss Sean Dyche, speaking to MOTD:
"We did so much right until they scored their first goal. I think they had one shot on target before then. The game should have been out of sight. We conceded one and then threw it away. I can't put my finger on it right now.
"They kept raining it forward and got their reward in the end. The Premier League you have to play to the last breath of the game and we simply didn't but they did. They were playing it forward and crossing it into the box and we didn't deal with it. Simple stuff but we threw it away. It is the third game we have thrown away this season.
"You have to kill teams off at every level, but particularly at this level. Everyone was looking at someone else to deal with things and that is when there is trouble. You could see the body language change.
"You have to see games through and we have enough experience to do that, but today we didn't."

Spot on he’s dead right.

Dyche "To dominate for that long and come out of it with nothing is incredibly frustrating... We're still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm like 'Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game'. "

What the hell?

I’d have been happy to hear him shout hoof it in some of those late moments, or at least no risky passes like the one Tim played forward. Keep the ball with easy passes or get rid to a less risky area. They collapsed and were headless

Dyche "To dominate for that long and come out of it with nothing is incredibly frustrating... We're still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm like 'Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game'. "

What the hell?
He’s genuinely mad that his football players are trying to play football.

Get him gone. There was enough there today to see that a proper tactician can build something. Not this PE teacher though, he’s weapons grade useless.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back