2024/25 Sean Dyche

Awful, he has been given some decent players by Thelwell and serves this up. Any half decent manager would have us looking up rather than another relegation scrap.

I could smell it even before their first. I should get the job.
This is the problem, Sean Dyche believes now that we weren’t ugly enough

It was when we switched to an ugly formation that it fell apart

He won’t learn from this he’ll simply dig in, in his mind this reinforces the need to be ‘more ugly’

Can’t waste any more time on him.

If we’d have held on and won 2-0, I’d be giving Dyche credit and saying well done, well managed, let’s push on from here.

So I can’t sit here now and not say the poor subs and loss was ultimately down to him.

It’s a manager’s job to instil a winning mentality and to see a game out from a winning position with suitable substitutions and tactics.

Instead we have just broken yet another record we don’t want. No other team has ever been winning 2-0 that late in a game, and gone on to lose.

You could give Dyche 5 years and he'll still be scrapping relegation playing dross football, he can't evolve beyond it.

Moyes plays defensive football like Dyche but he's capable of consistently progressing teams into the top half of the table and building year on year, Dyche doesn't know what the next level beyond this is we're just Burnley in blue now.
Moyes is at his best when he combines bull in a china shop CF w/ unfancied midfielders who have a nose for goal but can't do anything else. These players become excellent in that system and are invisible when they leave (where is Lingard these days?).

Other than his final year at everton the majority of Moyes teams are set up for counter but they aren't really defensive. Moyes teams get goals, in fact WH's defense was putrid the year he finally won a trophy.

In other words there are types of players that Moyes can get the best out of, when has Dyche ever accomplished this?

O’Brien for Harrison ‘75
Garner for Tim ‘75
Lindstrom for McNeil ‘75

Just a few ideas of glaringly obvious subs for you Sean.
The players on the pitch have to shoulder some responsibility, but (and it’s a BIG but) some of those players shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

Tim had played fantastically, yet we call all see he was tiring. As a young lad, he needs to be protected especially when he was making errors.

Garner was on the bench and ready, although he was never even warmed up properly. Ndiaye was playing well and not tiring…

When we conceded the first and the full backs looked fragile, we could have brought O’Brien on, although yet again that would never happen.

Agreed. But I would say both the players AND the manager are clueless with how to defend a 2 nil lead with just a few minutes left. Maybe it's due to the fact that we rarely find ourselves in such a position?
There were thousands of PL appearances on the pitch at the end, 6 guys over the age of 30. It's crazy they allowed this to happen.

This is the problem, Sean Dyche believes now that we weren’t ugly enough

It was when we switched to an ugly formation that it fell apart

He won’t learn from this he’ll simply dig in, in his mind this reinforces the need to be ‘more ugly’

Can’t waste any more time on him.
100% All the good play we saw for 80 minutes will disappear.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back