2024/25 Sean Dyche

If we’d have held on and won 2-0, I’d be giving Dyche credit and saying well done, well managed, let’s push on from here.

So I can’t sit here now and not say the poor subs and loss was ultimately down to him.

It’s a manager’s job to instil a winning mentality and to see a game out from a winning position with suitable substitutions and tactics.

Instead we have just broken yet another record we don’t want. No other team has ever been winning 2-0 that late in a game, and gone on to lose.
There’s plenty of reasons to be positive, Ndiaye looks like a star, Tim has got bags of potential, Branthwaite to come back, Mangala and O’Brien to still be introduced etc…

But this manager is just sucking the soul out of the club. His post match comments are all about how we should have been more ugly and break the game up more. We should have been looking to put an absolute thrashing on them given our dominance.

This job is far, far too big for him.

He won’t even learn from this. Everyone in the ground knew what substitutions he would make. He’ll still bring on Beto for DCL next game and Doucoure for Ndiaye. His game management was outdated 10 years ago.
No no, he'll change this year because we have better players, and we'll switch up tactics.

Free from the shackles of the points deduction, he is now blaming literally anything else too. Nice one Sean, kindly do one.

PL Seasons where they managed at least 30 games.

Sean Dyche 8 seasons - 15th or lower 6x, 10th, 7th
David Moyes 17 seasons - 15th or lower 2x, 7th or higher 11x, 11th, 8th, 14th, 9th other seasons
[/QUOTE]

You can't blame Moyes for not delivering results here and at West Ham.

Just the football is slightly better.

But Moyes is a good enough manager for teams in the top half, outside top 6, whereas Dyche's limit is lower bottom half.

I think Dyche is wrong aswell.

At 2-1 went straight up the other end and had those two cross shots that with a bit more composure would've been 3-1. Did Dyche expect them just to keep the ball in the corner for 5-6 minutes?! Even Man. City would struggle to do that.

At 2-2 it did become ragged and you saw defenders refuse to mark players in the box when you think Tavernier had a free header that Pickford somehow survived. That's why the fans started booing as they could see the third coming.

I've generally been a fan of the manager and think it's bizarre people want him sacked given the present situation with the club but I have to admit results like today leave you another 2-3 defeats from being potted.

He badly needs a good September. Can't be messing up Leicester like today.

There’s plenty of reasons to be positive, Ndiaye looks like a star, Tim has got bags of potential, Branthwaite to come back, Mangala and O’Brien to still be introduced etc…

But this manager is just sucking the soul out of the club. His post match comments are all about how we should have been more ugly and break the game up more. We should have been looking to put an absolute thrashing on them given our dominance.

This job is far, far too big for him.
Give him 6months and he'll suck the soul out of nDiaye too

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back