2024/25 Sean Dyche

To add

Beto for DCL would have been good for me.
Then McNeil out for OBruen

Defense first, having Lindström to make a good pass to the fast Beto Ndiaye, to still go to those counters.

Going 5-2-1-2, 5-4-1 or 5-3-2.

I don't necessarily disagree but a well-coached side shouldn't have to go to 5 at the back to see a game out. Especially against f'n Bournemouth.

The problem is our complete inability to keep possession. Rotate the ball from back to front, only take risks if there is an opening. We're braindead in our approach to most games but watching the Spurs game last week really struck me for just how bad we are at the basics vs what most sides in this league are now capable of.

Imagine being a player under this guy? It must be miserable as Hell.

I actually feel sorry for them, though I should probably be mad instead. I’m just not because I doubt I’d be able to know what he wanted, or what our plan is, since I looks like we don’t have anything to follow.

Home: Palace, Newcastle, Fulham, Brentford
away: Leicester, Ipswich, Southampton, West Ham

Thats the run of games after Villa away
A new manager starting now with an international break to come would give us a real chance of getting perhaps a nice few points.
But we won't. We will draw at Leicester for our first point and he will be putting his usual positive spin on it.

Home: Palace, Newcastle, Fulham, Brentford
away: Leicester, Ipswich, Southampton, West Ham

Thats the run of games after Villa away
A new manager starting now with an international break to come would give us a real chance of getting perhaps a nice few points.
But we won't. We will draw at Leicester for our first point and he will be putting his usual positive spin on it.
Hell of a shout this.

Tell you what I can't abide and I bet the lads can't either.

He's saying we have made basic errors etc.

Concentration absolutely reduces when your knackered yet he decides to leave on everyone and make two subs.

He was shouting calm at the sidelines at 2 all.

He did nothing to react. That's my worry.
This is what I don’t get, he should also (as any manager) be judged in his decision making performance within the 90. I’m sure the guy thinks he doesn’t have to perform in the same game time, I think he just thinks he can shout from the technical area. There is ver little by way of decision making from him which changes positions tactically to effect a game. Ridiculous.

I've said it before but I do genuinely think he plans substitutions in advance

Some of them defy all logic and make zero sense.
Like for like subs in every game Ive seen with him recently. No tactical substitutes. Could have closed the game today but chose not to. He's clueless.

For me the interview after the game was the worst. To admit that once it was 2-1 he could see it happening, and yet did nothing about it but shout at the players is not borderline negligent, its just plain negligent! He could have bought some time with a like for like sub or pulled Doucoure back - anything, for gods sake how much does he get paid to make those decisions.
He needs to go, and he needs to go now. Don't really care who replaces him (Bar BFS) they could not do worse.
That defeat is 100% on him.
That the problem with him….no regard for in game tactics or player positioning - he thinks it just about the ‘hard yards’

Well.

He brought our best player off for Abdoulaye Doucoure, a man who doesn’t know what his feet are doing at the best of times. This meant that we relinquished any control of the midfield.

Then he brought on Beto for DCL. This left us without any focal point to win headers or hold the ball up, which means Bournemouth could play on the half way line and camp us in our own half.

He left Garner on the bench when we were crying out for fresh legs as Tim was knackered. He also left O’Brien on the bench despite their first two goals showing that we could not deal with crosses coming into the box. The winning goal came from a back post header where Keane was caught ball watching and letting his man ghost in at the back stick.

He used 2 out of the 5 subs available to him, whereas their manager used all 5 subs with loads of time remaining. They basically had half a fresh team going into the last 20 minutes and our players were running on fumes, while players sat on the bench and watched.

So there’s all that, I suppose.
Those are some pretty absurd choices made by gravelvoice, you'd think a man with his premier league experience knew better.

Think the Dixon thing backfired - he actually played well and made no mistakes so he couldn't spew the "getting minutes" BS, so he just dropped him outright.

His treatment of Dixon has been disgusting if not entirely predictable. We all said it’d be the last time he started a game, and we were right. 2 of their 3 goals came from Coleman’s side too there btw.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back