2024/25 Sean Dyche

You can't keep picking the Michael Keanes and Seamuses of the squad and expect a different outcome.

This reluctance to accept that his leaders are cowards or has-beens is the reason I have no more time for Dyche. The problem at Everton is upstairs - Dyche and any other manager is a mere symptom - but yesterday was a disgrace that MUST be equally shared by the players AND the manager.

The board, of course, is the real source of blame...but Moshiri is untouchable for as long as people turn up to fill the stands at Goodison.

You can't keep picking the Michael Keanes and Seamuses of the squad and expect a different outcome.

This reluctance to accept that his leaders are cowards or has-beens is the reason I have no more time for Dyche. The problem at Everton is upstairs - Dyche and any other manager is a mere symptom - but yesterday was a disgrace that MUST be equally shared by the players AND the manager.

The board, of course, is the real source of blame...but Moshiri is untouchable for as long as people turn up to fill the stands at Goodison.

….not forgetting the DOF.

Watching the ‘Old Firm, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rangers are looking for a new manager soon.

Sean Dyche is still the right man for the job. He'll keep us bobbing along until new owners come in and pull the trapdoor lever on him and get a replacement.
If he selects his favourites, he will lose his job soon.

We simply cannot afford to have like 1 point from 7 games.

Taking a deep breath after yesterday’s shambles, looking at the table we are three games in and still within touching distance of the top 10, on paper and by the reality that it’s points that matter. So it’s by no means a done conclusion that we are going down… yet.

A few things stand out to me.

Dyche and his arrogance, divide and conquer approach to dealing with the fans, patronising and stubborn attitude to “knowing what’s best” will ultimately be the downfall for us if we aren’t careful.

You’re only as good as your last game and it doesn’t matter what happened last season or the season before. Benitez constantly went on about the sins of the past, koeman the same, Marco looked lost and lampard was out of his depth. Martinez was like an excited toddler in the ball put at the local playground.
What links these all together is an arrogance or inability to focus on the job in hand, build a culture and identity and drive the club forward.

Yes we have a joke of a board and the last ten years of leadership has been a mess but ultimately it’s a results business.
The players have a lot of responsibility to take but it’s the manager who picks the team and sets out the tactics and the buck stops there.

Last ten minutes before they scored, we were sloppy, celebrating and show boating before doucoure came on and started swinging his legs at everything wildly.

Only the manager picks players who for years have been sub standard and if it’s their mentality that is in question then it’s the manager’s responsibility to sort that out or not pick them.

Talent on the bench but picks favourites first and we wonder why days like yesterday happened.

Before you ask, I don’t know who would be better and this runs much deeper than dyche however it’s about time our moto runs deep from top to bottom as like a lot of us, I’m tired of the club being the headlines for pure embarrassment.

Simply put, defence starts with attack. We have now got a player with flair and can hold the ball in Ndaye but you take him off and look what happens. It’s been on Dyche’s watch now for 18 months to sort that but here we are again.

Time to go Sean, tired of your nonsense excuses

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back