2024/25 Sean Dyche

Maybe Everton needs to move away from that arrogance that prem experience is necessary. There is good football played in other leagues and are tactically gifted managers, especially Germany and Spain
My post did have a hint (all of it) of sarcasm to it. I would love nothing more than for Everton to cast the net and have an eye on some young talented managers who play a dynamic brand of football. When Brighton signed Hurzeler I knew instantly he would be that type of manager i described above. It’s so depressing to see the way they do things and make such exciting, left field signings and then watch us year after year, manager after manager, make the same boring predictable appointments.

Id bite your hand off for the Burnley mentality, want to stamp out the current mental midget - crap the bed Everton mentality.
Burnley went down twice under him so that say a lot about their mentality, just because Burnley came across as this big tough side full of tough British lads. Doesn’t mean they had the right mentality

Burnley went down twice under him so that say a lot about their mentality, just because Burnley came across as this big tough side full of tough British lads. Doesn’t mean they have the right mentality

Once!

They did have a tough mentality made up of British players and i think that's ok - id like something similar here - its a problem here and has been for to long its need rooting.

Funnily enough i started a thread called Everton cowards on here must be 7 or 8 years ago when they totally bullied us and we melted - 8 years later and yesterday was actually worse.

Its unacceptable.

Last edited:

All I want to see today is the yellow ribbon on SKY saying Dyche has been sacked.

No better time with a 2 week break. I suspect the club will allow this manager to get smacked by Villa, Leicester and Palace which would be very very damaging.
Not a chance this is going to happen for many well-aired reasons.

At this point, I'm past caring. The issue is in the boardroom and everything else is a symptom of that. The ownership deserves Championship football, and whether we keep Dyche or sack him I think that's what we're headed for...deservedly.

Last edited:
My post did have a hint (all of it) of sarcasm to it. I would love nothing more than for Everton to cast the net and have an eye on some young talented managers who play a dynamic brand of football. When Brighton signed Hurzeler I knew instantly he would be that type of manager i described above. It’s so depressing to see the way they do things and make such exciting, left field signings and then watch us year after year, manager after manager, make the same boring predictable appointments.

I would never want someone like Rooney, Henry or Pirlo as managers then rather keep Dyche, because they were good footballers and have a big name, but are terrible managers, also not someone that has no coaching experience at all at this stage.

Good football is one thing, but a manager that proved to make a club better, maybe even worked with limited funds, honest worker, improved players.

This should be feasible to get. For me Hürzeler looks from what I followed him in 2 years as an upgrade for de Zerbi, because he can adapt game plans.

It's the managers job to build a winning mentality in the squad and he isn't capable of doing that, his negativity and cowardice rubs off on the players. We have some talented young players in the team that we could build a future around, but Dyche you feel will slowly knock the confidence to play out of them.

The best we've looked in recent years was under Carlo, and his management style is the polar opposite of Dyche. Minimal focus on fitness, all man management and convincing the players that they have the ability to play good football and compete at the right end of the table which builds confidence and a winning mentality in the squad.

If yesterday showed us anything it should be that we do still have some decent players and under another manager we could be a much more dangerous side than we have been under Dyche.

If we wasn't so poor financially he'd have been gone by 9am this morning
Sad state of affairs
It's not lack of finances, it's lack of standards.

Dyche is in no way fit to be Everton manager, and the fact that the club (and even more worryingly, some blues) are happy to endure the stench of failure coming from him tells you a lot about how far we've fallen.

sa
Rest of what he said mate.

Everton were on the reverse end of a Premier League record as Bournemouth’s comeback was the latest in a Premier League match where a team had been two goals down to go on and win.

Dyche rued the errors that his troops made in the closing stages. He said: “We were still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm going: ‘Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game. Complete control. We didn't need to do that. So then the pitch gets spread, they keep pushing it forward and just crossing into the box. Absolute basics of football and they did it and we didn't deal with it.

“Obvious things are mistakes. You can't make those mistakes. They weren't individual mistakes, it's the fact that you're not doing what the team needs to do to see the game off. It's incredibly frustrating. It's the third game we've thrown away and you can't do that in the Premier League - I know that and they know that.”
Absolute hypocrite. ‘I tried to tell them but they didn’t listen so we lost’. Nothing about highlighting your total lack of reaction to Bournemouths changes, your in game management, tactics and use of subs then you utter weapon!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back