2024/25 Sean Dyche

I think Dyche set the team up perfectly. He got the subs wrong but that still shouldn't result in shipping 3 goals in such a short space of time.

Plenty of experienced players out there like Pickford, Coleman, Tarks, Gana to have seen the game out once it went to 2-1.

Thats been the clubs biggest problem for decades - not getting in the refs ear, not faking injury to slow a game down, not taking a cynical yellow to stop a dangerous counter attack.
Yes, he set team up pretty well, but however reacting to changing of occurrences during a game is also a big part, he failed that a lot of times here and yesterday. I don't put it soley on Dyche, but has to take a lot of the responsibility for not reacting again...

Also, I expect the experience players to be better surely.

We do and some of the quotes and subs he makes are baffling. We played well in spells vs Brighton and Bournemouth yesterday and then players don't look fit at the end of the match.

Once Branthwaite is back and a few other players are up to speed we'll be fine . Another manager may get a few more points but it wouldn't make that much of a difference, maybe from 13th/14th to 9th or 10th or something.

Alot of people wanting to go back to the past and get Moyes in whose win percentage overall isn't that much higher than Dyches .

I think we showed a lot of quality yesterday mate, Illy unlocked a lot - having that extra player who can break a line - makes such a difference, you can see it in the second goal - it was illy - the space he make by carrying the ball, engaging players and allowing others to make runs is brilliant - he unlocks those around him - Harrison began to look like the footballer i know he can be.

I also think with players returning, Garner, Seamus yesterday, Magala and Broja to be added and when Lidstrom settles in we have will have more nous and quality tahts been on display so far.

In a weird way im actually a bit hopeful.

Im furious at the break down yesterday - but we looked a proper decent team for a lot of that game.

I loved Moyes and tbh i wouldn't mind him coming back here at some point - but im a firm believer if you give a manager a job you back that - flipping and flopping just takes you to place we have been for the last 7 years - we still need to recover from that.

I think Dyche set the team up perfectly. He got the subs wrong but that still shouldn't result in shipping 3 goals in such a short space of time.

Plenty of experienced players out there like Pickford, Coleman, Tarks, Gana to have seen the game out once it went to 2-1.

Thats been the clubs biggest problem for decades - not getting in the refs ear, not faking injury to slow a game down, not taking a cynical yellow to stop a dangerous counter attack.
But again that nastiness, cleverness whatsoever you want to call it, is un built in some players, some need telling to do that and that’s on the mananger. We’ve also got a basically new squad from 2/3yrs ago.

Potter would be a disaster.

He`s quite an odd fella and there`s no way he`d handle the cauldron at Everton.

He needs a team with very little pressure on him and time to allow his way of working to flourish.

That is 100% not the current set up at Everton.
Agreed. His main flaw for the Premier league teams he managed was not being able to take chances, that flaw is already in abundance with this squad, he’d be a disaster. He would take an absolute age to get the players playing the way he wants them to as well.

Well he did after losing the first 3 games last season. Michael Keane played in 2 of those losses , then Branthwaite came in ...
Yep but he was massively helped by the three or four teams who just happened to be exceptionally poor and worse than us. No guarantee that'll be the case again this season.

I think we showed a lot of quality yesterday mate, Illy unlocked a lot - having that extra player who can break a line - makes such a difference, you can see it in the second goal - it was illy - the space he make by carrying the ball, engaging players and allowing others to make runs is brilliant - he unlocks those around him - Harrison began to look like the footballer i know he can be.

I also think with players returning, Garner, Seamus yesterday, Magala and Broja to be added and when Lidstrom settles in we have will have more nous and quality tahts been on display so far.

In a weird way im actually a bit hopefull.

Im furios at the break down yesterday - but we looked a proper decent team for a lot of that game.
We did and I'm hopeful too , I think we'll be fine once Branthwaite is back and Gueye is fitter or can be rotated with Mangala.

Dyche doesn't help himself with the things he comes out with and obviously the subs yesterday but there's positives to take out of it rather than focusing on the negatives all the time . That comes with years of supporting Everton I suppose , grinds people down.

In a weird way im actually a bit hopeful.

Im furious at the break down yesterday - but we looked a proper decent team for a lot of that game.

I loved Moyes and tbh i wouldn't mind him coming back here at some point - but im a firm believer if you give a manager a job you back that - flipping and flopping just takes you to place we have been for the last 7 years - we still need to recover from that.
But Bournemouth at home is one of our easiest games of the season on paper, we’ve looked utterly clueless against 2 decent sides

Just feel has one plan then if it works or not he does not want to change it

I thought he changed it second half - i was annoyed first half as we were to telegraphed, he brough Illy and Tim way more into the game in the second half and told the team to go more central and use the lads - it worked - then collapse happened.

But we looked great at times in that second half, tore through Bourmouth.

In a weird way im actually a bit hopefull.

Im furios at the break down yesterday - but we looked a proper decent team for a lot of that game.
I am 100% sure, even those that are really against Dyche like Mike, blueboy or Chris would have give him his part of the praise for how we played 80 min yesterday if he closed out the game with good decisions. It made me joy to see more after Spurs where we weren't in the game at all.

We did and I'm hopeful too , I think we'll be fine once Branthwaite is back and Gueye is fitter or can be rotated with Mangala.

Dyche doesn't help himself with the things he comes out with and obviously the subs yesterday but there's positives to take out of it rather than focusing on the negatives all the time . That comes with years of supporting Everton I suppose , grinds people down.
Why isn’t gana match fit, we’ve played 3 game and he’s had a pre season, be it he missed the start of it I think. He’s 35 I’m not sure what you’re expecting to change with him.

Yep but he was massively helped by the three or four teams who just happened to be exceptionally poor and worse than us. No guarantee that'll be the case again this season.
Can't guarantee anything no , but it would be reactionary and daft to sack him now after 3 games , we've sacked manager after manager over recent years and its got us nowhere.

If he loses the next 3 then I'll well and truly be on the bandwagon though .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back