2024/25 Sean Dyche

If Potter wants another job he can't afford to be picky. His career is well and truly in the doldrums
I don't think it is, he's affording to choose. Clubs will have contacted him and he will have turned them down. His reputation from Brighton is still in tact, everyone understands that Chelsea job is insane. Another bad job, e.g. at Everton, would tank it.

The biggest issue I have with Dyche is his unwillingness to risk new signings with little or no “Premiership experience”. Ndiaye is clearly the best player we now have, and he was left on the bench for the opening two games. It’s not an after the fact opinion either, but he done the same with Branthwaite last season. He benched him for Keane when every man and his dog KNEW the talent Branthwaite had. Huge fan pressure forced him in to dropping Keane for Branthwaite after a similar start to the season. Is it really a coincidence that he’s now the proud owner of the record of losing the opening three games two seasons running?

There is always a huge buzz before any new season for all fans of every club. We were no different. Naming exciting new signings in the starting line up would have carried on that buzz prior to kick off but you could literally hear and feel the disappointment around the ground when the team news broke. It zapped all the feel good factor when the same old faces that he “trusts” were on the team sheet.

We had Danjuma on the bench all season last year, never saw him. Why? We were the lowest scorers in the entire division and yet an attacking player wasn’t given a single chance?? He’s now started the season on fire so there’s obvious quality there.

The exact same will happen to Lindstrom this season. He won’t trust him, he’s too much of a luxury player and we all know right now that he won’t be given any kind of run in the team.

It’s no risk, safety first stuff from Dyche. That’s his MO and he’ll never change.

Mate he thinks we threw away the spurs game, I think we got absolutely hammered from start till finish.

He thinks we threw away the Brighton game, I think after twenty minutes they adjusted to out tactic and we got hammered for 70 minutes.

Be thinks the reason we lost yesterday was mistakes and trying to still play footy going forwards, I think it was not substituting clearly exhausted players and then taking off the one player who was most responsible for playing on the front foot in favour of Doucoure - Dyche i guess did the sub to stop us playing nest little one twos.

But yeah he's 100% right, no mention of himself ofc, just the players and a dig about the atmosphere in the ground late on.
He's got zero ability to change the course of a game after it's started. Brighton changed their shape and took control of the game, Bournemouth made 5 subs that changed the game. We haven't won a game under Dyche after going behind. He's quick to talk about mentality and running the hard yards, but he's paid an absolute fotune to respond to what happens in a game and change its course. The only substitutions he makes are pre-meditated and everyone knows what he's going to do.

Bloody foreigners coming here taking our jobs, we don’t want any of that nonsense. If dyche gets the bullet then bring back Moyes.

Maybe Everton needs to move away from that arrogance that prem experience is necessary. There is good football played in other leagues and are tactically gifted managers, especially Germany and Spain

You are ignoring entirely Dyche’s poor management here.
Explain to me why he made the the decisions he did yesterday in your opinion ?
Explain to me why he didn’t utilise his options on the bench ?
You cannot exonerate the man from blame or responsibility for the defeat without addressing his actions and decisions.

Dyche doesn't believe subs can alter games mate.

He has zero apparent idea about how fatigue effects the body both physically and mentally, he has zero idea about how constant pressure late on when fatigued needs to have a release valve or outlet

If Potter wants another job he can't afford to be picky. His career is well and truly in the doldrums

Potter would be a disaster.

He`s quite an odd fella and there`s no way he`d handle the cauldron at Everton.

He needs a team with very little pressure on him and time to allow his way of working to flourish.

That is 100% not the current set up at Everton.

I think we can raise our exoectations a bit - what i saw yesterday was a team purring - we are begining to get players and we dominated the game - its why the system failure was so devasting and im furious.

But the second half performance is excellent.

We were purring at times.

It bodes well.
‘ System failure’ 😂
The only ‘ system’ that failed here was Dyche .
So let’s address Dyche’s system failure with regards to in game management or lack thereof .
Explain to me in your own words why you believe his decisions were correct ?

And whose responsibility is it for the team to be switched on mentally going I tons new season mate?

The guy getting paid 5m quid maybe to manage and train them?

The collapse yesterday was excusable mate, I'm making the excuse that Yim can't be blamed for being utterly exhausted and kept on, or that the manager removed our outlet.

Dyche made multiple decisions in that gene which led to what happened happening.

I think that's fair mate - there has to be a collective responsibility - if im critiquing Dyche i think we went into the season either heavy legged or undercooked that showed the first two games. I think hes been disarmed by the player mentality piece - hes alluded to it after Spurs. I don't think he expected it. But he need to get on it and stamp it out.

I think to much are being made of the subs to be honest, i dont think either Illy or DCL make much of a difference - the game management was horrific, you do what Spurs did last week - make us chase shadows and keep the ball instead - like he said we took into high risk stations and were caught three times - he said he was shouting at them and tey kept doing it - you expect professional footballers to mage a game FFS - if under 10 did that id be on to them.

Total and utter cluster ...................

Im not binary on it - i largely blame the players for utter stupidity - but there has to be collective responsibility also.

Last edited:
I think we can raise our expectations a bit mate - what i saw yesterday was a team purring at times - we are beginning to get players and we dominated the game - its why the system failure was so devasting and I'm furious.

But the second half performance was excellent - besides the obvious.

We were purring at times.

It bodes well.
We do and some of the quotes and subs he makes are baffling. We played well in spells vs Brighton and Bournemouth yesterday and then players don't look fit at the end of the match.

Once Branthwaite is back and a few other players are up to speed we'll be fine . Another manager may get a few more points but it wouldn't make that much of a difference, maybe from 13th/14th to 9th or 10th or something.

Alot of people wanting to go back to the past and get Moyes in whose win percentage overall isn't that much higher than Dyches .

‘ System failure’ 😂
The only ‘ system’ that failed here was Dyche .
So let’s address Dyche’s system failure with regards to in game management or lack thereof .
Explain to me in your own words why you believe his decisions were correct ?

If you believe that your on a hiding to nothing and making excuses for mental midget players - im not wholly excusing Dyche ive critiqued above.

But if you look at the second half performance its some of the best stuff weve played in ages, dominated and looked really dangerous - of course a lot of players butchered the usual gilt edged.

But i think if you look at the second half as a whole, the game plan in the second half was very good, we came out played things more centrally as opposed to hitting the wing every time and we tore them at times - if he and the players are taking responsibility for system breakdown - then id credit them for dominating the second half to.

There are positives to take from yesterday. Illy and Tim really added quality we have been missing and others were buzzing off them - until the players decidied to check out with 7 mins to go.

You are ignoring entirely Dyche’s poor management here.
Explain to me why he made the the decisions he did yesterday in your opinion ?
Explain to me why he didn’t utilise his options on the bench ?
You cannot exonerate the man from blame or responsibility for the defeat without addressing his actions and decisions.

I think Dyche set the team up perfectly. He got the subs wrong but that still shouldn't result in shipping 3 goals in such a short space of time.

Plenty of experienced players out there like Pickford, Coleman, Tarks, Gana to have seen the game out once it went to 2-1.

Thats been the clubs biggest problem for decades - not getting in the refs ear, not faking injury to slow a game down, not taking a cynical yellow to stop a dangerous counter attack.

He's got zero ability to change the course of a game after it's started. Brighton changed their shape and took control of the game, Bournemouth made 5 subs that changed the game. We haven't won a game under Dyche after going behind. He's quick to talk about mentality and running the hard yards, but he's paid an absolute fotune to respond to what happens in a game and change its course. The only substitutions he makes are pre-meditated and everyone knows what he's going to do.
Yep he also has to perform during the 90 minutes and he can only do that through decision making and tactical tweaks. He simply doesn’t do that. He thinks once the match has started that’s the majority of his work done.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back