2024/25 Sean Dyche

On why Ndiaye was substituted, Dyche explained: "He was fatigued. He had run hard by then. Premier League fitness, as you know... he is a very fit boy but I thought he was fatiguing at that stage. It’s one of those things. It was definitely fatigue.

“We could see his recovery was getting harder because he carried the ball and when you carry the ball it is fatiguing but I thought he did very well overall, without a doubt.”

Is he having an f'ing laugh?
McNeil, Harrison, both Central mids looked utterly goosed, yet he tries out the old premier league fitness as to why he took of Ndiaye.
Just sack him Everton, the fella is absolutely clueless.

Swear he’s trolling us now.

There is a whole heap of managers who would love the chance to manage Everton. I know if feels like a basket case to us but we're a Premier league side who pay a high wage. Palace got Glasner, West Ham got Lopetegui, Brighton got Hurzeler. Be nice to see a forward thinking decision from Everton. Thank Dyche for keeping us in the league, move him on.

It’s an easy excuse for him to worm out of. He can say they have the metrics, so only they know who is close to infamous “red line” of fitness

Clearly eyes don’t matter when watching these players blow tugs

Exactly, saw Tim got grief from nobhead Murphy on MoTD for not tracking his runner.

Yeah that's on Dyche totally, the lads legs looked gone after about 60-65 minutes and never should have been kept on. Decisions like that damage players development as well

He doesn't make subs (well, doesn't make enough of them).

This isn't new, we've had Burnley fans come on here saying he'll flog players until they're nearly dead as he doesn't believe subs can influence games compared to the 11 he picks.

There's been loads of games where we've had players looking absolutely dead on their feet yet not getting brought off. I think we've got away with it a couple of times as well when he hasn't made changes when he should have (West Ham away, Forest away last season where we were absolutely goosed by the end), Brighton home and away last season again was crying out for things to be freshened up.

Yesterday was just another example of a very limited manager. He's kept us up twice and now it really is time to say "thanks but I think it's time we went our separate ways". He's only 1 win away from coming out and saying "see, today I'm hero and gone from zero and talk of Europe will start again".

Between him and his 2 yes men, they're so far out of their depth currently that the only sensible thing to do is reset whilst the season is in its infancy and relieve the 3 of them from their duties.

Dyche has killed any belief they had with his constant reinforcing of relegation candidates. Between that and what appears to be now digs at fans he has to go. A better manager gets a lot more out of that team.

No mate.

A lot of this group have been mental midgets a long time - they have yesterday in them.

Biggest problem at the club the last three games is attitude, mentality and switching off.

Just sack him Everton, the fella is absolutely clueless.

Swear he’s trolling us now.

Rest of what he said mate.

Everton were on the reverse end of a Premier League record as Bournemouth’s comeback was the latest in a Premier League match where a team had been two goals down to go on and win.

Dyche rued the errors that his troops made in the closing stages. He said: “We were still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm going: ‘Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game. Complete control. We didn't need to do that. So then the pitch gets spread, they keep pushing it forward and just crossing into the box. Absolute basics of football and they did it and we didn't deal with it.

“Obvious things are mistakes. You can't make those mistakes. They weren't individual mistakes, it's the fact that you're not doing what the team needs to do to see the game off. It's incredibly frustrating. It's the third game we've thrown away and you can't do that in the Premier League - I know that and they know that.”

Rest of what he said mate.

Everton were on the reverse end of a Premier League record as Bournemouth’s comeback was the latest in a Premier League match where a team had been two goals down to go on and win.

Dyche rued the errors that his troops made in the closing stages. He said: “We were still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm going: ‘Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game. Complete control. We didn't need to do that. So then the pitch gets spread, they keep pushing it forward and just crossing into the box. Absolute basics of football and they did it and we didn't deal with it.

“Obvious things are mistakes. You can't make those mistakes. They weren't individual mistakes, it's the fact that you're not doing what the team needs to do to see the game off. It's incredibly frustrating. It's the third game we've thrown away and you can't do that in the Premier League - I know that and they know that.”

Hes 100% right.

No mate.

A lot of this group have been mental midgets a long time - they have yesterday in them.

Biggest problem at the club the last three games is attitude, mentality and switching off.
Then the manager should have addressed it positively rather than double down on their self doubt with his constant references to struggles and ‘reality of the club’.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back